Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Camp Taylor, NJ Lakota Wolf Preserve, May 2012
2545 Posts
(Offline)
February 7, 2012 - 8:56 am
Print

I have to back out of this trip.  Lori and I talked to family who might be coming for a visit from SC in May "sometime"  :banghead:  So I figured it was best to unbook this trip before I sent my deposit in.  We will see what happens with Lori's Aunt and maybe rebook at the last minute.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

3 Posts
(Offline)
February 8, 2012 - 9:26 am
Print

:cowboy: :guitar:
Now all we need is an icon with a guitar AND cowboy hat!!!
Cheryl and I are in for this event - thank you very much - Site number 71 with Brenda and Larry as neighbors on 70 - I think.  Time to locate and clean up all the camping eq.

18 Posts
(Offline)
February 8, 2012 - 10:38 am
Print

Yes, we have moved our site from # 67 to #70...we thought that since we plan on bringing our Shih Tzu, Barkley, that it might be easier to be near an end site.  We have also added a day, Thrs. 5/17 & plan on arriving late afternoon after work....or very early on Friday.

See ya all then!

550 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 7:25 am
Print

Mark - we're glad you and Cheryl will be able to make this one. It's been way too long since we've seen you guys.

666 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 11:55 am
Print

We were thinking about this one, Hadn't cancelled my already made reservations for that weekend at West Thompson Lake yet.
Guess my mind was made up for me since the large hybrid sites are gone. Next time.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 12:52 pm
Print

I just spoke to the campground and reviewed the sites available, sizes and what will fit on each.  There are several different options available.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 2:13 pm
Print

Phil and Pete are in Site 63.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Print

If anyone has a suggestion for changing up the potluck, let me know?

18 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2012 - 7:05 pm
Print

I see you changed up the site reserve form, so....
We are two adults with our Shih Tzu.
MarkSCook is two adults.

Larry  :chief:  & Brenda  :cheers:  &  Barkley  :dog: too!

550 Posts
(Offline)
February 10, 2012 - 7:17 am
Print

For the potluck - - how about burgers and dogs theme?

18 Posts
(Offline)
February 10, 2012 - 7:51 pm
Print

How could we incorporate Wild Nature - Wolves  :dog: & American Indians  :chief: into food to eat  :chef: ????? 

106 Posts
(Offline)
February 10, 2012 - 8:16 pm
Print

Dawn, Once again I was thinking the same thing with the hamburgers and hot dogs.

467 Posts
(Online)
February 11, 2012 - 11:00 am
Print

Keep it simple. Hot dog and hamburger theme to start,thinking summer coming, sounds wonderful to me.  That was the theme for last March's rally and it was great.  🙂

382 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 1:11 pm
Print

Don't mean to steal the thread from the pot luck but was wondering if someone could explain a little about this rally and what i could expect if i join in. Newbie and never been to a rally, Would be my maiden voyage with the pup and family. Been a tent camper for 30 years done a lot of camping at Skinner's falls and around upsate NY and  in Pa not so far from there, but know the proud owner of a pup. The web site for the camp ground looks really neat. Thanks so much
Jonathan

Also what is the protocol for joining in?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 1:26 pm
Print

A rally is just a camping trip that gives you a chance to meet other people who have camping in common.  We don't plan your trip, just plan an activity or two that you can be involved if you choose.

We normally have a meet and greet campfire Friday evening since everyone arrives at different times.  This is a campfire that everyone is invited to to say hello.  Many bring their chairs and sit around for a while a socialize.  I normally go to bed and leave a few people there late.

Saturday evening (around 6pm) we have a group dinner and campfire.  Everyone brings whatever they want.  Some bring their favorite dish, some try something new in the dutch oven, crock pot or campfire and some stop by the grocery a grab some potato salad.  Whatever is there, we eat and we have never... never been short on food.

We normally post activities at the campground and also local attractions for you to do throughtout the weekend.  Some people go for hikes or biking together, I sit around the campfire most of the time.

I often bring a large commercial coffee pot and a dozen people stop by for a morning cup, first up starts the coffee.
[hr]
How to get involved, book a site and post your coming.  🙂  It's that easy.

There are many knowledgeable people who camp with us so if you have any questions or problem with your maiden voyage, its nice to have others around. Many of us also carry 3 of everything which can come in handy.

382 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 1:37 pm
Print

Joe, Thanks for explanation! sounds like a ton of fun. Will see if the family is up for it and if so will reserve a spot soon looks like there are a few spots still available that would work for my pup.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 1:51 pm
Print

Since we are going Hotdogs and Hamburgers for Gettysburg, and because this crowd did jobgreat with a Theme when we did the purple dinner at Raystown Lake, I would like to suggest we do another Themed dinner.

Peter and I will run with it as long as we can get a concensus of a theme.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
706 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 2:22 pm
Print

Hey vik-king,

If you can swing it, definitely do your maiden voyage with Canvas Campers.  I spent my first time in my camper with these folks, and what a WONDERFUL group they were! From backing up the trailer to figuring out the best spot to put a level to putting up the awning for the first time (there's a video of that one!) everyone was soo helpful! Besides the help everyone is really nice and easygoing. 

I really want to go to this one but I'm still looking for someone to go with me. I'm intrigued by the stories that Pete told me about their themed parties  :goodstuff: I might go alone just to see what they do if you do a theme.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2012 - 3:15 pm
Print

I agree Phil.  We are doing a hamburger and hotdog picnic dinner at Gettysburg because of all the local attractions and everyone being busy during the day.  I'd refer not to do burger or similar. 

I know there was a comment about pizza but that was a joke if I road my motorcycle and sleep in a tent then I could order pizza all weekend since I couldn't bring a cooler.

We can do a traditional potluck with some type of theme. Details coming later.

467 Posts
(Online)
April 5, 2012 - 3:21 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1239.msg12383#msg12383 date=1333653332]

I know there was a comment about pizza but that was a joke if I road my motorcycle and sleep in a tent then I could order pizza all weekend since I couldn't bring a cooler.

We can do a traditional potluck with some type of theme. Details coming later.

So if pizzas are out, the men are doing the cooking? ::)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2