Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Niagara Falls Group Rally- July 2012
352 Posts
(Offline)
July 20, 2011 - 7:39 pm
Print

This is a trip we have been talking about for years now. I set a reminder on the booking site to email me as soon as 222 is able to book.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
July 20, 2011 - 8:21 pm
Print

Pete and Phil will definitely be in for this one.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
182 Posts
(Offline)
July 21, 2011 - 7:57 am
Print

will be making this trip  site 234

333 Posts
(Offline)
July 21, 2011 - 10:27 am
Print

I think we're in for this one too.  Looking at site #224.  We might do a full week again.

450 Posts
(Offline)
July 21, 2011 - 12:54 pm
Print

We should be good to go.  😀

58 Posts
(Offline)
August 7, 2011 - 4:30 pm
Print

Hey all,
  We'll be camping at 4 Mile Creek in just a couple weeks and we will try and take some good pics of the area that us repeat attendees are thinking about. It is a great SP and super close to a bunch of stuff.
    FYI if wanting to go to Canada and visit the sites there you will require a passport or if from NY state an enhanced liscense. That being said camping at 4 mie creek will gain you free access to Fort Niagra SP, Three sisters island and a bunch of other little parks. You can see some incredible veiws of the falls from the USA side and there are tons of trails for hiking and biking.
    Old Fort Niagara is a great place to visit with a ton of history. A bunch of buildings to walk through, reenacters and activities. The fort is seperate from the State Park portion so there is a fee to enter the fort. Here's the link http://oldfortniagara.org/

2 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2011 - 7:30 pm
Print

We are in. just have to make reservations. Kevin has lots of pictures that were part of his PUP profile of 4 Mile Creek SP. Kevin are you out there?

16 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2011 - 10:01 am
Print

Here are the pics of Four Mile Creek. Check out that sharp [former] rig on Site #222!

http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Four-Mile-Creek-State-Park

Unfortunately, we may just miss you guys--we're hoping to be there for July 4th week--may be the only time we can get there that month. 🙁

24 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2011 - 10:26 pm
Print

We are in.  Have always wanted to see Niagara Falls.  We are going for the week with Twstdpear.

129 Posts
(Offline)
September 28, 2011 - 9:06 am
Print

We are interested. Please keep us posted.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 28, 2011 - 10:13 am
Print

Booking is LESS then TWO WEEKS away.

September 28, 2011 - 12:35 pm
Print

Seriously ???    here the best you can do is 6 months...   

We haven't even got our work sched for next year yet .... 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 28, 2011 - 2:15 pm
Print

Craig,
I'm not making the rules, I'm just working around them.  The CG books up so fast and we can book 9 month in advance.  I camped here 2 years ago and wanted to arrive a day earlier, had to move my site because everything around me was booked.

My suggestion, book best case scenario, there is only a $9 fee to change it.

Changes
There is a $9.00 reservation change fee required to make a change to any reservation. To make any changes to your reservation you must call 1-800-456-CAMP at least 2 days prior to your scheduled arrival. Changes cannot be made less than 2 days prior to your scheduled date of arrival for a DEC campground and less than 1 day prior to the scheduled date of arrival for an OPRHP campground. This fee is substantially less than the fees associated with canceling a reservation and re-booking a new reservation. Any reservation with a departure date that is more than 9 months from today can not be changed for 18 days after the reservation was made.

Cancellations
If you cancel your reservation you will be assessed fees. It's important to know the closer to your arrival date you cancel, the less money you will receive back as a refund.

Cancelling 8 days or more prior to arrival - Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00

Cancelling 7 days or less prior to arrival - Reservation fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00 + the cost of the first nights stay. (this amount varies based on the cost of your site).

To cancel a reservation prior to your scheduled arrival, you can cancel online or contact the Reservation Center at 1-800-456-2267. To cancel a reservation within 1 day of arrival (OPRHP facilities) or 2 days of your arrival (DEC facilities) you must call the park.

182 Posts
(Offline)
October 2, 2011 - 8:52 am
Print

will be there thur - sunday  siter 234 what want to reserve stayed there 2 yds ago

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 2, 2011 - 8:11 pm
Print

We do not have a block of sites for this rally, it is first come / first serve.

Here is a breakdown for booking dates:
[table]
[tr]
[td][size=14pt]Arrival Date[/size][/td]
[td]                    [/td]
[td][size=14pt]Booking Date[/size][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tuesday, July 10 2012[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]October 10, 2010[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Wednesday, July 11 2012[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]October 11, 2010[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Thursday, July 12 2012[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]October 12, 2010[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

42 Posts
(Offline)
October 3, 2011 - 10:45 am
Print

All,

Just a FYI for you all. The sites that border the lake are very popular and will fill up. Most people will book the sites for the two weeks prior to the date they want to arrive with their actual dates they are looking for at the end of the 2 week time period. Then they will cancel the days prior to when they really wanted to arrive sometime later. In effect they then are reserving 9 months and 2 weeks prior. Personally I don't like the idea of working the system like that but I know it is a very popular way of doing it in NYS.  The hard core will actually do this process at 0000 hours on the day that they can make the reservations. If you are wanting to book one of the sites on the lake be prepared with some backup sites.

Steve

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 9, 2011 - 7:11 pm
Print

If you are arriving on July 09 or earlier, you can book now!
Arriving Tuesday July 10, 2012, you can book tomorrow October 10, 2011.
Arriving Wednesday July 11, 2012, you can book on this Tuesday October 11, 2011.
Arrive Thursday July 12 - Book this Wednesday October 12.

129 Posts
(Offline)
October 11, 2011 - 8:02 am
Print

We will make our reservations tomorrow. We haven't decided on what site to reserve yet. Not sure if we want a site adjacent to the water or one closer to the bathroom near the little loop.

October 11, 2011 - 2:41 pm
Print

If you want to dry dock it for the rally, there is a real nice site over in the 70's IIRC, I'll look it up if anyone is interested,  It is down quite a slope, right under oak trees , but it is a nice site..  had our 12 Palomino on that site twice... 

333 Posts
(Offline)
October 11, 2011 - 6:45 pm
Print

We snagged #228.  Mommy2jx3 told us she's in #233.

I'm already looking forward to it, and our 2011 trips aren't even done.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2