Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Niagara Falls Group Rally- July 2012
420 Posts
(Offline)
July 15, 2012 - 9:12 pm
Print

Made it home safe and sound in decent time even with the rain most of the way. We all had a great time and thanks to everyone for a great 4 days.

Best Regards,
Norm

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 15, 2012 - 10:59 pm
Print

Here are a few photos from the trip.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....ists;in=13

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2012 - 7:58 am
Print

The week at Niagara Falls was great and the group rally was even better.  The travel was uneventful except the heavy rain on the drive home, about 950 miles in total.  The temperatures at the beginning of the week were in the lower 80s during the day and low 50s at night with a continuous breeze from the lake.  I used the furnace on Monday and Tuesday night.  They increased about 2 degrees each day so it got warmer as the week continued.

The tourist attractions were awesome.  Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Whirlpool Jet Boat, Hockey Hall of Fame, Cable Car, Trolley Ride, Winery and so much more.  The campground was close enough to plan half days on the New York  and Canadian side.  A few photos here: https://canvascampers.com/inde.....ists;in=13

[img width=640 height=199]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=1217[/img]

The campground was very nice with a spectacular view of the sun setting on Lake Ontario each evening.  Brand new tiled shower houses, and very, very large sites.  The campfire group got larger each day, starting with 7 people early in the week and ended with over 40 on Saturday night after the games and potluck dinner. Like almost every group trip, we did have a visit from the park ranger.  Not because of the noise but he walked up to the 40 of us, stared at the campfire and said "That looked a lot bigger from the road".  Guitarman said, "Well Thank You".  We all laughed and he walked away.

The potluck was another big success with the Olympic themed foods, amazing recipes and great decorations.

THANK YOU to everyone who attended, for your friendship and sharing your favorite foods.  Frank, it was great to meet you and so many others.  Glad to have Canada represented and I'm still laughing at your jokes.  Thank You to Steve and Nikki for helping me run this rally.  For updating the thread, answering questions and making it so great even when things were a little crazy with your work schedules and the kids.  I'm glad Curtis is feeling better.  Thanks to Barb and Becky for planning the Olympic games, making decorations, having the trophy ceremony and everything else including helping me pack the war zone in the rain that was my site the next morning. Thanks to Julie and Stacey for helping all the kids with the temporary tattoos, it was a huge success and all the kids loved them. (except the one boy that had a little spider tattoo and I kept telling him it was a tick)  :rofl: Thank you for those who brought games, firewood and cameras for memories to share and everything else. (email me pics to include in the album)

As many know, the rally logo had copyright issues and I have recieved some great ideas for a new one.  It will be available soon with two options, with and without the Niagara Falls listed.  Great for the 2012 camping season.

If you haven't been able to attend a rally, consider Williamsburg, VA next June as plans are being made or maybe another one.
https://canvascampers.com/index.php?topic=1222.0

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2012 - 1:58 pm
Print

After using suggestions from a few members, here is an updated logo for 2012 that will be available on Cafepress.
[smg id=1218]

46 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2012 - 12:23 am
Print

Niagara Falls Group Rally is a Great Success, EH!
From the Canucks in the group.
Thanks so much to the great organizers, chefs/cooks, planners, setuppers, takedowners, cleanuppers, etc., etc., etc.
What a great time, eh!
Thanks to all who attended.

826 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2012 - 7:45 pm
Print

We and our extended family had a great time.  Next time, we will plan to spend at least 7 days there.  There was so much to see and do, and we didn't even take time to relax! Had an uneventful, hot, sunny day to travel home today.  Thank you for all the pre-trip info, it was VERY helful.  See you next time!

637 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2012 - 9:13 pm
Print

And our parents decided to stay an extra night to see more of the sights near Buffalo. We had an uneventful trip home.

It was nice to meet so many new folks, and Joe, thanks for being the extraordinary planner and "Mayor" that you are.

1 Posts
(Offline)
July 18, 2012 - 12:18 am
Print

We had a great time meeting all of you and seeing thingette and her family!!!

Thank you for including us! We had fun and enjoyed making new camping friends!

Nancy, Glenn, Logan, Brynn and Tegan

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 18, 2012 - 10:48 pm
Print

Click to enlarge:

[smg id=1256]
58 Posts
(Offline)
July 19, 2012 - 10:16 pm
Print

Hello all! The LaDue clan had a great time even aside from the sick baby who I took home for a day to recouperate. But even with all the crazy work hours, sick baby and driving back and forth it was well worth it to catch up with some old friends and meet new ones.
I thank everyone so much for helping fill the gaps where I was not able to be there, it was super appreciated!!!!
Curtis has a new favorite t-shirt; his canvas campers t-shirt. And although he's a boy and it resembles a dress on him it is super cute on him and will fit for years to come and rallies to follow!

1 ... 56789
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0