Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
394 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 8:34 am
Print

We would love to have you Wisfisher! The name of this rally is Southeast Spring Rally, so this includes everyone! We'll give any camper- (tent to motor home) a big southern hospitality Welcome!  8)

Folks, I can honestly say, Mayor Joe has been super responsive and helpful in making this rally official! He has approached me with a lot of productive ideas and even set up a advertising banner for the rally!  This web site is different like night and day compared to another web site we used for the fall rally.  Thanks Joe and your team for help in making this possible!  :thumbup:

68 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 11:58 am
Print

Just booked site 131 for Friday and Saturday nights.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Print

I'm glad I can help, getting people together for camping is why I got involved years ago.  It looks like it will be a great group. 

The old site isn't bad, just no rally support for the last two years since I left.  It takes a group of dedicated volunteers to be successful and that's what we have built here.

I get a laugh at 'The Mayor'.  Friends started calling me that years ago because everyone knew me but I was no one important.

142 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2012 - 10:32 am
Print

Where is PapaChaz?

32 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2012 - 1:25 pm
Print

Just booked site 119.  We'll be in the same site as last rally.  I tried to book the inner loop but it is already full.

394 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2012 - 10:39 pm
Print

Andy, Sorry we couldn't make it camping this weekend. We had a lot of commitments! I'm glad you was able to make reservations for the rally to be with us.
Pat, Papachaz was camping this weekend for his anniversary with his Darling Wife. I have sent several PM's to him but I guess he has been honeymooning again!  😮
The best I can tell, Judy is out of town. I know she had some Family from the New York or up in the Northeast area that was hit by the Franken storm Sandy. You might want to say a prayer for her and her family. I haven't spoken to her in several weeks.
I am not sure who has reserved site 126. If anyone knows who this is, please pm me the information. I am winging this on my own for now, If something is wrong or if you need me to update the information on the front page, please pm me the information. 
Lets get the word out to everyone from the fall rally and everyone have a good week next week!  FCJ

41 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 10:18 am
Print

FCJ, I tried to reserve #126 but it wouldn't "continue" on so i just logged out and then back in and this time when I tried to reserve #126 it showed as unavailable so I reserved #127. It may still be hung up or someone else was able to book it after it got "unhunged". :dunno:

95 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 11:59 am
Print

Yay! So happy that the date is set and thrilled we'll be back at McKinney!

Well, I tried to reserve our site today, but ran into some issues. I went through Recreation.gov and the site locked up on the last screen  >:( It kicked me out and now it's claiming that the site I was trying to reserve is not available... seems strange to me! I called the reservation number and they said I'll have to wait for it to "return to inventory" which can take 30-40 minutes. Oh, she also mentioned that they recommended booking over the phone.

I'm not sure if there's just something up with the site today or what, but I thought I'd let you guys know you might want to just book by phone. We didn't have any issues with the website last time, so maybe it's just a glitch!

95 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 12:41 pm
Print

We're in!  ;D

Site 135

114 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 1:14 pm
Print

I'm in!!!!

Site 134

336 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 8:12 pm
Print

Site 126 has been reserved since Saturday afternoon........ so I hear.  ;D

394 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 8:49 pm
Print

Wiz, are you trying to tell me that your coming to the spring rally?????
Awesume! We would love to have ya!  ;D

336 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 9:00 pm
Print

That's our plan.
We reserved Thursday through Sunday.
We talked about it and we might drive through the night Wednesday so there are hopefully sleeping kids on the way up there.
Leaving Sunday might be an issue, but hopefully they will be tired enough to nap.

485 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 9:39 pm
Print

Wiz, If you booked 126 we are in 125. Could you please not leave the 350 parked so I have to look at it all weekend. I am wanting a bigger truck and that may push me over the edge :crazydance:!!!!

394 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2012 - 10:48 pm
Print

Awesome! Now we know who the secret camper is on site 126! Welcome aboard! Now we have Georgia, Alabama, now Florida to represent the Southeast! Come on Tennessee and the Carolinas to come and join us! We would love to see others from all the other 45 states as well!  We will give a Grand Southern Hospitality Welcome!  😉

I have talked with Ga Judy, She and Al are doing okay. They just got back from a trip to Texas to visit with family. She said she would be back on soon to being her same ole self!  :cheerleader:

1263 Posts
(Offline)
November 6, 2012 - 8:58 pm
Print

[quote author=BoomJammer link=topic=2030.msg17974#msg17974 date=1351791122]
It's a shame Judy didn't reserve 121.  Maybe she would have found Gumby there.  😉

;D ;D ;D ;D

1263 Posts
(Offline)
November 6, 2012 - 9:17 pm
Print

Glad to be back from Houston (not the NE but still feeling for my native state of NJ and DH's NY). What wonderful news to hear from Fire Captain Jim on becoming an official rally and seeing everyone signing up from far and wide so fast!

Just in case you were worried, Gumby made it to the Florida PUP rally and back (he was tied up with Pokey in the camper this time), and he promises y'all he will behave at McKinney this spring!

When the time gets closer and we are all beyond thinking about how full we are from all the upcoming holiday dinners, I will ask everyone to start thinking about what you might like to bring to the Saturday Evening Potluck.

Thank you to Joe and to Jimmy for getting this rally launched and in orbit! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting all the newcomers who still have time to reserve a spot! McKinney is beautiful CG and, as Jimmy says, we can guarantee some warm Southern Hospitality to make everyone smile at:  Y'ALL COME BACK, YA HEAR?

235 Posts
(Offline)
November 6, 2012 - 10:11 pm
Print

I've been so busy with work and this life in general I almost missed out on the announcement for the rally.  I got us booked on site 130.  Larry and I are so looking forward to seeing everyone again.  DGD even asked if her new friends would be there, so she's excited too. 

41 Posts
(Offline)
November 6, 2012 - 11:35 pm
Print

I just picked up site 129 for me(Michael) and the better half(JoAnn) along with the two cats Cali and Satch-Mo. This will be our first rally. Can't wait! 🙂

117 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 8:24 am
Print

Really?  You're bringing cats?  That is awesome!  I don't think our cats would handle the camping experience very well.  But they are old and set in their homebound ways.  I'm sure our girls will love to see your cats!

MissNanc, glad you'll be there with D.  The girls will have fun together again!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2