Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
2014 Southeast Fall Group Rally
175 Posts
(Offline)
July 11, 2014 - 10:20 pm
Print

We are really sorry to miss this one.  Sounds like there has been some good planning.  Hope you all have a great time.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 12, 2014 - 5:25 pm
Print

We will miss you and the girls as well, Darrell. Next time....have a great time with your other plans.

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 1, 2014 - 4:45 pm
Print

Hello Everyone!  :tease: Where is all the chatter about this wonderful family fun filled weekend coming up soon at? It's time to get busy putting down our pot luck suppers and planning some fun! Judy, go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and let everyone know who the secret camper is. Put us down for a dutch oven tator tot casserole. I am ready to see some new faces and some friendly camping friends. ;D
So come on all, lets get the ball rolling getting this rally growing again! Lets spread the word and get friends to come and join us :thumbsup:

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 1, 2014 - 5:53 pm
Print

Jimmy, glad you are officially back on board! I was out of town for a few days and now that it's August, it's time to start filling in that list for the potluck on Saturday night. I got you down for the DO tater tot casserole and look forward to hearing what everyone else is bringing so I can add it to the list.

Al is going to fire up his Orion Cooker to smoke a pork butt. There's room for more meat if anyone wants to add theirs to the cooker, too, and see how it works.

We also need a corn hole wrangler to keep score and the competition in line. 😀 8) Nancy and Shannon are organizing the kids' activities and we are all looking forward to meeting our old and new friends soon.

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 3, 2014 - 7:02 pm
Print

With permission, I was able to post a thread under Pop Up Camper Owners on Facebook to advertise our Rally for others in the Southeast to come and attend with us! Now we need to get our own ralliers to get the word out for our fun filled weekend of great food, great fun for the young and old, great memories that will be made! Don't forget to bring your cameras and appetites and smiles to be made!  🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 4, 2014 - 9:50 pm
Print

Thanks, Jimmy. Let's hope there are some eager campers wanting to attend a rally -- first time or regulars. Nothing like a camping rally to bring out the best! 😉

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 7, 2014 - 8:23 pm
Print

Reservations To Date:      27 Adults        15 Kids

Thanks to our moderators last year (athread678/jarhead71), we have an inventory of supplies on hand. Your cash donations will help us purchase plates and forks plus some serving spoons for the Saturday Potluck. So, we've got tableware, napkins, utensils, and lots of coffee and cold drink cups -- everything we need for Friday's breakfast as well. :).

We're only a month out from the rally, so please get me the potluck dish you will be bringing so we can build a meal around everything. As we get closer, check page 1 for any updates once in a while. See y'all soon!

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 8, 2014 - 6:01 pm
Print

Well, I guess the countdown has begun.  Can't wait for Sept 4th to get here.  My Co-worker is making plans on attending too.  Not sure which site they have but there will be 2 adults and 3 teenagers!  Woo hoo!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 8, 2014 - 9:19 pm
Print

That's great your coworker and family will be joining us, Nancy. The more, the merrier! ;D

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 9, 2014 - 5:55 pm
Print

It's nice to see others coming get to join us for a great weekend of fun! I wonder where the other veterans of these rallies are at. It sure is quite here on this thread. I guess they are preparing to get beat at the corn hole tournament.  Or planning a big spread for the pot luck supper. Ether way I would love to see them chime in some! Come y'all, let's get this rally geared up!

485 Posts
(Offline)
August 9, 2014 - 9:37 pm
Print

Chime-chime-chime. How's that Jimmy? 😉 We are looking forward to the rally. We thought a couple of weeks ago we wasn't going to be able to make it but Lord willing we will be there. I may bring 3 loaves of white bread and some peanut butter for the pot luck, JK. I will let you know this week for sure.

17 Posts
(Offline)
August 9, 2014 - 9:46 pm
Print

Hey, Y'all, we're still planning to be there. It's been a busy summer, spent 5 days at
Henderson Beach SP (Destin) in July, and got back from Augusta a couple of hours
ago after marrying off one of my grand daughters!
                                                              Mick

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 10, 2014 - 7:05 pm
Print

Great job chiming in Miles! I know how your Dutch Oven cooking is and I can't wait to sample some of that great cooking! But I could settle for P.B.J. as well. 😉
Mick, sounds Like you have been a busy traveler as well! I have seen quite a few on facebook who have been busy with vacation travels as well.  ;D
I am glad to see things slowly getting back to normal with kids getting back to school. I wonder who is going to give Al a challenge in corn hole since Jarhead won't be there. 🙁  I hear Al has been busy tossing his arm for that perfect toss. 8) 

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 10, 2014 - 7:41 pm
Print

Mick, congrats on your GD's wedding. Thanks for recommending Henderson Beach SP to us last year. We loved it and will go back.

Miles, glad you're still on board. Speaking of boards, we were at an Atlanta Braves game last night and so many of the tailgaters were playing cornhole with their team logo boards! We've got three sets so far and one more would help. Anyone coming with a set of boards besides Amana, Nancy, and me? (Al has not been practicing, so you have a chance.  :D)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 12, 2014 - 8:21 pm
Print

And guess who we ran into at Costco today. None other than the guy mentioned above. It was great seeing you, Mick, and look forward to seeing you again with Betty in a few weeks!

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2014 - 8:19 am
Print

Is anyone counting the days? Here...I"ll do it for you!!!  .........[size=18pt]24 DAYS !![/size] Woo Hoo!!!! Can't wait to get there, I need to go camping so so bad and to see all my camping buddies  :camperkid:

95 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2014 - 11:36 am
Print

Hello everyone!! 24 days?? Whoo!! We're ready! The weather had just the perfect chill in the air this morning. Even Kenzie said "Mommy, I ready to go Tampin"! (that's what she calls camping  ;D) Love that girl!!

I'm ready too and can't wait to see you all! We'll definitely be bringing mac & cheese to the potluck and I'm thinking of doing hotdogs as well - gotta make sure Kenzie doesn't starve  😉 We'll also probably bring some mixed fruit and juice for Friday morning.

The countdown is on!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2014 - 12:36 pm
Print

Sounds great, Amanda! I've updated the front page for the potluck info you sent. Can't wait to see how big Kenzie has gotten -- and the expected one also.  ;D

95 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2014 - 1:45 pm
Print

Haha, what you mean is how big I've gotten. ;D Yep! Praying for cool weather since my oven seems to be on high lately. ::)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2014 - 10:01 pm
Print

All pregnant women are beautiful, no matter how big or small. Looking forward to seeing you and the family.  Thanks for the check today for the supplies to be filled in. I'll shop next week. See you soon.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2