Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Blackwater Falls State Park Rally Davis, WV June 26th to June 30th. 2014
20 Posts
(Offline)
June 24, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Print

Hopefully leaving sometime early tomorrow morning. Hope to arrive early afternoon. Can't wait to get there I need some time off from work. See you all soon.
PS: Done know what we'll be bringing to the potluck yet, but I'm sure the DW will think up something good.

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 24, 2014 - 6:34 pm
Print

Hope you weathered that one out ............I watched the radar....it passed just to my SE and I could see it and hear it....looked like it went right over BF's

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

666 Posts
(Offline)
June 24, 2014 - 7:54 pm
Print

It wasn't too bad here. Did have a nice creek in front of our camper from the runoff. Firepit has a couple of inches of water.
Oh, and this morning a black bear wandered through the back of our site.
It's been a great day. Wouldn't miss it for anything else. See you all soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

701 Posts
(Offline)
June 25, 2014 - 4:14 pm
Print

We are on our way stop tonight in State College.  Be at camp 2ish. See everyone tomorrow.

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 25, 2014 - 8:28 pm
Print

Your not missing much........getting a little shower right now.......a river runs through it.......  You may be drier in Lion country.....only bears here lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

701 Posts
(Offline)
June 25, 2014 - 8:46 pm
Print

No just stopped raining. Rained so hard in Steam Valley above Williamsport that both the van and the camper were hydroplaining. White knuckle moment!! Safely tucked in the motel for the night. Chief

352 Posts
(Offline)
June 26, 2014 - 1:12 am
Print

Looking to leave early tomorrow morning and arrive around 2PM.

We will have Fruit Salad, Pineapple upside down cake, and Grilled Spam (not sure why but Hawaiians love Spam). Oh yeah, I have adult popsickles with fresh fruit, mango vodka, fruit juice, and 7up.

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 26, 2014 - 7:06 am
Print

We're hooked up and mostly packed! Planning to hit the road by 9am and arrive around 5pm. We're 1 short as Tommy has a summer job as a camp counselor and has to work. See y'all this evening!

666 Posts
(Offline)
June 26, 2014 - 9:31 am
Print

Just a quick message to let you all know that when I filled up my water tank as second time, there was no sulphur smell. The faucet I hooked up to on arrival must have been dormant for a while. About 1/2 of us were here last night, campfire was great on e the rain stopped.

11 Posts
(Offline)
June 26, 2014 - 9:49 am
Print

With DW changing jobs, we won't be able to make it, she has to work Sat. Everyone have a safe and fun trip.
maybe next year
Joe

666 Posts
(Offline)
June 26, 2014 - 8:54 pm
Print

Sorry we'll miss you.
Can you come up for the day Saturday?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
June 30, 2014 - 7:49 am
Print

I've had to cancel 3 trips in many many years of camping and I'm sorry that this was one of them.  Here are a few pictures that others have posted on Facebook.

[smg id=3132]

[smg id=3130]

[smg id=3125]

Additional pictures are here:
https://canvascampers.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=292

1263 Posts
(Offline)
June 30, 2014 - 6:38 pm
Print

Oooooh! Pretty, pretty.  🙂

701 Posts
(Offline)
June 30, 2014 - 8:11 pm
Print

Thank you to Stormtrooper for taking the reins on this rally. I leave every rally with new friends. A cheer to Stormtrooper (Lou) and Cantgetright (Dave) for championing our cause and talking to almost every camper. A great potluck dinner, multiple campfires. A great rally!!! Chief

352 Posts
(Offline)
June 30, 2014 - 10:45 pm
Print

Had a great trip. The staff at the park was awesome, the hiking was outstanding, the views were unreal. Thank you Lou for heading up the trip and having us at your site. You and Jan were fantastic hosts. The pot luck was awesome as always. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new people.

Mike, Diane, Amanda, and Dylan.

666 Posts
(Offline)
July 1, 2014 - 8:37 am
Print

I really hated to see this week come to an end.
We thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone and had a wonderful time.
Thanks to everyone that helped make this possible.
All of you helped in one way or another and that was very much appreciated.
We did miss Joe T who helped me select this fantastic park.
And Joe B......
We did invite some non members to our campfires and at least one family has become a new member.
Dave and Rock- that was a lot of wood. It went five nights. 😉 😉 😉

827 Posts
(Offline)
July 1, 2014 - 9:58 pm
Print

Thanks to all who helped make this rally possible!  We had a fantastic time.

638 Posts
(Offline)
July 1, 2014 - 10:19 pm
Print

What a beautiful area! (The firewood is lasting for several more nights as the family that took Dave and Rock's site have what was left that we didn't use.)

We packed up the truck last night, the trailer this morning. Were out of there by 10 am. Stopped in Deep Creek, MD on the way home and rode the Mountain Coaster at Wisp Resort (Highly recommend! Was so much fun  :thumbsup: ). Got home around 4:30 or so this afternoon. Still finding stuff that is wet - it really poured yesterday afternoon.

Can't wait for August and Promised Land!

Lou & Jan: Thanks for having us all on your site every night. You are wonderful.
To all that helped plan and get the sites: THANK YOU! You have set the bar high.

357 Posts
(Offline)
July 7, 2014 - 8:43 am
Print

We're finally home! 11 days, 1900 miles,5 states and 4 state parks! The rally was great and Blackwater Falls was fantastic! Thanks all for another wonderful rally! 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2