Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Camp Taylor, NJ Lakota Wolf Preserve, July 2014
2545 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2014 - 12:50 pm
Print

What Yumminess are people bringing for side dishes?

Marc, have you cooked in a DO before?  I have an easy recipe for Blueberry muffincake if you want to go simple.  Buy the "just add water or milk" muffin mix packages.  I usually make at least 3-4 packages.  Dump it in the DO and cook with more coals on top than underneath.  I check it every now and then and have gotten to the point it comes out golden brown (they used to come out burnt on the bottom, that's how I know to put more coals on top )

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

705 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2014 - 2:53 pm
Print

My sister is coming and will have her own site somewhere with the group (most likely one-night with her BF Saturday-Sunday). She's vegetarian and gluten sensitive, so will bring her own food.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2014 - 3:42 pm
Print

So no sausage and pepperoni pizza for her on Friday?

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

230 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2014 - 7:11 pm
Print

I have never used the dutch oven, it'll be an adventure.  Kate said we can bring a dessert for Saturday.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 3:16 am
Print

My tentative plans:
I am working just a few hours Friday and hope to leave by noon. I'm planning to tent camp with my dog.  Check in is 3p.m. - early arrive may be charged $8 per person?
http://www.camptaylor.com/index.htm

I'm planning to make pie irons on the campfire for dinner Friday evening if anyone would like to join me, let me know.  Maybe pizza or something else.

The Wolf Watches Tour begin at 10:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Registration begins 1/2 hour before tour start times. Each Wolf Watch tour is 90-minutes long. Tours cost $15 for adults and $7 for kids up to 11 years, old plus tax.  Sorry we do not take credit cards; cash or check only.  No appointments are necessary for Saturday or Sunday tours.  You can walk there from our campsites. http://www.lakotawolf.com/

I may stop by Brook Hollow Winery for a tasting.
http://www.brookhollowwinery.com/

Potluck:
Lone Lock and I are making two different lasagnas
I'll grab a loaf of bread (might need to borrow and oven to toast)
Guitarman is bringing a salad and dressings
Marc S is bringing dessert
MariskaHargitay is bringing a dessert, I think?

I've got the Coffee Pot, coffee and sweeteners covered.  If you use half & half or cream, bring some.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 9:19 am
Print

We wish miss you guys..... at least we have something in common - for the last 2 weeks the wolves and foxes up at our seasonal sight have been singing to us very loudly..... they even answer back and forth to each other from the top  of the hill to the bottom of the hill.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
466 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 2:37 pm
Print

BadSeed and I will be coming for Saturday evening only.  We will arrive most likely at 6:00PM.  We will bring a veggie tray and some cut up cheese. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 2:45 pm
Print

and lawn chairs!

466 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 3:25 pm
Print

OK Chairs on the list

2545 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2014 - 11:13 pm
Print

I've got the cheese all grated and the meat browned for the lasagna....I'm ready.  What time is dinner?

466 Posts
(Offline)
July 20, 2014 - 10:27 am
Print

To all Camp Taylor campers, Thank You so much for sharing your Saturday night with BadSeed and I.  The food and company were all great.  We had a great time.  Cindy, a word from the wise. In the future, if BadSeed becomes out of hand just kick him.  It works for me.  😉

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2