Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Yogi Bear Spring Rally, GA
1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 1:14 pm
Print

Woo-hoo! Al and I are on site #98, arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday (by noon).

On the map, the red dots mean Direct TV is available for a $3/day charge in case you wondered; but if you have your own system, you can hook up to the CG posts with the jacks.

See you there, Boo-Boo!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 3:54 pm
Print

😀

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 4:49 pm
Print

Earl and I are in site 99, arriving Thurs, leaving Sun. WOOHOO! Can hardly wait.

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 4:56 pm
Print

Oh, and that will be 3 adults and 1 child. And wow, I forgot to ask them if Simon is welcome.

485 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 8:29 pm
Print

The family and I will not be attending the Spring rally. I know you guys will have a great time. I think Jelly Stone is a great choice for a rally due to the amount of things available for the kiddos to do.

175 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 8:52 pm
Print

Miles, really sorry that you and the family won't be able to make it.  You will be sorely missed.  I was planning on getting some D.O. training from you.
It sounds like we just need to go ahead and book the sites that we want in the reserved area.  I will try to get booked in the next day or two.  We will be staying Thur-Sun also.
One other note on Jellystone.  They want you to use only their firewood.
Let's Rally!  :guitar:

235 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 10:24 pm
Print

Did ya'll call to make reservations or make them online?  We'll probably head in on Thursday and stay till Sunday.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 10:28 pm
Print

Nancy, I called direct and made our reservation (Thurs.-Sun.) and paid the required one-night deposit in advance. The rest is due on arrival.

Sorry Miles & Sherelia won't be with us. Well miss you!

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Print

Nancy, I called too. I found their website a little difficult to navigate. Also I wanted to make sure to get our senior discount. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2013 - 11:12 pm
Print

Pat, you did tell them you were with the CanvasCampers rally, right? I believe the rally rate is lower than the senior discount. (It might be the same, but just thought I'd mention it.)

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2013 - 12:55 pm
Print

Yes, I told her but she seemed somewhat confused. Tried to put me in site 5. I only paid 1 night, so we can work it out when we get there. Do you know if they allow dogs? I forgot to ask.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2013 - 1:10 pm
Print

Pat, they do allow dogs (on max. 6' leashes). I told them our dog  :dog: was coming and it didn't seem to trigger any warnings!  🙂

Looks like there is a horseshoe set up so we can switch to a different kind of media for the "cornhole" tournament!

See you there, Neighbors.

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2013 - 1:44 pm
Print

JoeCamper is a great motivator, don't you think? I would love to meet him. We are going to have a great time. I hope we have a good turnout. I too, am sorry Miles and Sherelia can't make it. But I'm looking forward to 'reunioning' with every one who can.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 25, 2013 - 6:58 pm
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2737.msg26582#msg26582 date=1382548244]
Pat, they do allow dogs (on max. 6' leashes). I told them our dog  :dog: was coming .... it didn't seem to trigger any warnings!  🙂

Tasha suddenly took ill today and passed on to The Rainbow Bridge as we arrived at the vet. He thinks she had a stroke but we think it was something that brought on kidney failure as learned from experience with one of our other Norwegian Elkhounds. DH says this is the last pet. I am crushed. :'(

175 Posts
(Offline)
October 25, 2013 - 8:14 pm
Print

I am so sorry Judy.  I can't imagine how bad you feel losing 2 of your family this close together.  We will keep you and Al in our thoughts and prayers.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
October 25, 2013 - 8:47 pm
Print

Darrell & Becky, thank you for your kind words and thoughts. We are heartbroken and have gone through this before, but it's never easy.

142 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2013 - 4:58 pm
Print

Oh my goodness, Judy. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm heartbroken for both you and Al.

336 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2013 - 7:07 pm
Print

Judy, sorry for your loss.

We are unsure if we will make this rally or not.
I can't keep taking the kids out of school that time of year with the FCATs around then.

I tried responding sooner bu I am unable to on the ipad.  Whenever I click on the reply box to bring up the keyboard, it brings me to a Toyota ad. 

122 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Print

Man...I really want to get to one of these GA rallies.  But, like Wizfisher said, our kids will have FCAT (FL standardized tests) sometime in April, so they can't miss any school at this time of year.  Plus, our kids are on Spring Break March 24-28th and we have a camping trip planned at the end of that week already.  We have a FL Keys trip planned in June that I need to save my vacation days from work for too.

Thanks for the invite and we will get to one of these GA rallies soon!

175 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2013 - 10:40 am
Print

We are booked in site 104 from Thurs to Sunday.  The DGD's did a little dance when hey found out that we were going back to Jellystone.  This really is a great place for kids.  One of the added benefits here is that we will have more time for the adults to get acquainted while the kids are having a blast.
I assume that we will be having a Friday breakfast, so let's start getting those sites filled up!! This is also good time to start spreading the work and invite others.
:guitar:

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0