Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Haunted Halloween Rally - Oct 09-11th
705 Posts
(Offline)
October 5, 2015 - 5:41 pm
Print

Whew, I'm in.  Site 502 unless I like another empty one when I get there.  I couldn't get them to switch Just Chillin (Bonnie's) reservation to me, so she's still in for next year.

We still don't have a replacement TV, and they won't let us drop it off a few days before-hand without charging us full price even though their storage is full, but we'll figure out a way to get it there Friday, and then we'll come setup after work.

Hey, someone hold my beer and watch me use a trailer dolly and a road bicycle to get it there  :cheers:

I will bring... food.  Sorry, I'll figure out ASAP. 2 adults, one who loves pumpkin everything  :2funny:

826 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 8:00 am
Print

Remember to bring a couple bags of Candy!  The campground does trick or treat on Sat afternoon!  And dress up the adults and kids of your group too!  I think we'll come dressed in 50's attire.  Easy one for the guys-jeans cuffed, white socks, black shoes, white t-shirt, pretend pack of cigarettes rolled into one sleeve, hair slicked back, if you've got any. aviator sun glasses.  Ladies: Poodle skirts or full skirts, white button down shirt, cardigan, or husbands leather motorcycle jacket,  scarf at neck and /or in hair, saddle shoes if you've got em, or keds with bobby socks(or short socks)  and bright lipstick!  I love to dress up. But if you don't.....It's OK. We love ya anyway! 

Does anyone know how strict they are on arrival time?  I saw in their policies that arrival before 3pm can cause a fee?

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 8:07 am
Print

Lori, Nathan, and I have our costumes.  I will go grab some candy this week.  I am planning on arriving after lunch.  Nathan has off of school so we are going to make the most of it.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

401 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 8:10 am
Print

we will be in costume as well. plus we will be doing waffles and ice cream for dessert. i may try a pumkin pie recipe i just heard of.

382 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 1:34 pm
Print

Jamie and I will be serving warm apple cider with/or without a dash of cinnamon by the fire on Saturday night and we will provide hot cups so you don't have to lug one to the fire.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 2:34 pm
Print

Sorry for the delay, as many of you know I was involved in the Breast Cancer 3 Day this past weekend.

My honey and I will be bringing Roast Vegetables to the potluck.  (bell peppers, sweet potato, zucchini, etc)
We will all be dressing up.
I will be providing an adult libation for around the campfire.

See everyone Friday!  :clappingani:

826 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2015 - 8:26 pm
Print

Lone lock, I will have allergy safe alternative goodies for your kiddo.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 7, 2015 - 1:02 pm
Print

Thank you Becky!!  We appreciate it 

Please don't give my Batman anything with Peanuts, he is allergic.  His sidekick Robin (me) will be at his side politely declining the Reeses Pieces and WonderWoman (My Wife  kiss ) will be checking all the labels when we get back from trick or treating. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

401 Posts
(Offline)
October 8, 2015 - 4:30 am
Print

ok    count  down is on, yes its scary to think its only a day away  so don't get spooked. scare you all there 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 8, 2015 - 10:51 am
Print

I have updated the start of the thread with the pot luck contributions.  Let me know if I didn't update your item.

DN?  Dear Niece (Sabrina) said she will bring Lemon Bars.  DW said she would make a soup of some sort.  I think she said vegetable soup, I can't remember.....I'm a Baaaad husband  :-[

This weekend I will have DW, DS, DN, Me, and 2 dogs.  My nephew Evan is camping with the cub scouts.  He was bummed.  We have bigger campfires

121 Posts
(Offline)
October 8, 2015 - 4:03 pm
Print

Mike and i will bring chilli and rice

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

401 Posts
(Offline)
October 8, 2015 - 8:21 pm
Print

ok we will be having a pin the tail, bobbing for mini pumpkins , corn hole games . 

705 Posts
(Offline)
October 9, 2015 - 1:15 pm
Print

Sorry so late, we'll bring some pasta salad.

259 Posts
(Offline)
October 9, 2015 - 1:45 pm
Print

today is National Moldy Cheese day  for those thinking about t a potluck dish,, just sayin...  have fun< stay dry 🙂

826 Posts
(Offline)
October 11, 2015 - 8:18 pm
Print

Had a blast! Thanks to all who contributed tasty dishes and fun stories! We had fun dressing up and the trick or treat is always a ball!

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2015 - 9:29 am
Print

Very fun and enjoyable weekend.  DW, DS, DN (Dear Niece) had a great time.  I just realized I didn't snap a single picture this weekned.  Love to see some of the pics others took this weekend.

It rained a little on Friday night when I arrived.  Thank you Jonathan for loaning me a rain jacket to get parked.  Sorry about spilling the drink on your chair Saturday night :-[

699 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2015 - 11:57 am
Print

We both had a great time. thanks to all for the great food.

401 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2015 - 1:11 pm
Print

we also had another fun group outing can not wait for the next one, even though its our last for the season.

271 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2015 - 4:02 pm
Print

Home safe and sound!  Had a great time!  Everyone had awesome costumes and the food was delicious as usual.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again in November.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

382 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2015 - 5:58 pm
Print

Jamie and I had a blast, thanks everyone for a great time. Matt I am not upset about the chair but i am upset you wasted a perfectly good beer! :D. No worries i sprayed the chair down before i went to sleep and it was dry by sunday morning. By the way Awsome new camper Hope you have many years of fun with it. Joe I saw an article in the Pa newspaper there was a little girl institutionalized on monday she kept screaming something about the stay puff marshmallow guy was the boogie man! priceless....

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2