[table]
[tr]
[td][size=12pt]Dates: [/td][td]July 17-19, 2015[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][size=12pt]State Park/CG Information:[/size] [/td][td]Click Here[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][size=12pt]Campground and Loop: [/td][td]Crooked Run Campground - Red Oak Loop[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][size=12pt]Reservations:[/size] [/td][td]Click Here[/td]
[/tr]
[/table][size=8pt]
By posting or participating in this event, you agree to the linked Legal Agreement that CanvasCampers.com and its agents are not liable for your participation.
[/size]
[img width=640 height=189]http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/multimedia/dcnr_003271.jpg[/img]
[Image Can Not Be Found]

[size=10pt]Picnicking, Swimming, Boating, Fishing, Hiking (32.65 miles of trails), Biking: (2.3 miles of trails), Mountain Biking: (20.6 miles of trails), Disc Golfing, Geo-caching and so much more.[/size]

[center][table]
[tr]
[td]Site[/td]
[td]Member[/td]
[td]Adts[/td]
[td]Kids[/td]
[td]Pets[/td]
[td]Arrive[/td]
[td]Depart[/td]
[td]Potluck[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site108[/td]
[td]mknott57[/td]
[td]2A[/td]
[td]0C[/td]
[td]1 :dog:[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 112[/td]
[td]vagov[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]C(?)[/td]
[td]Thurs[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]dutch oven mac and beef [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 113[/td]
[td]thingette 1s sister[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]1 C[/td]
[td] :dog:[/td]
[td]Fri[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]salad [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 115[/td]
[td]chiefbowes[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]? C[/td]
[td]? :dog:[/td]
[td]Thurs[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 203[/td]
[td] thingette 1s sister (parents)  [/td]
[td]2 [/td]
[td][/td]
[td]0 :dog:[/td]
[td]Fri[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 118[/td]
[td]thingette1[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]1 C(12)[/td]
[td]Thur[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]meatballs[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 122[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 123[/td]
[td]TMMull[/td]
[td]3A[/td]
[td]0C[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]thurs-[/td]
[td]mon-[/td]
[td]smoked bacon wrapped viadalla onions[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 126[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 128[/td]
[td]mtn_bikers & Allamuchy Joe[/td]
[td]3 A[/td]
[td]0 C[/td]
[td]thurs[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]icecream sundae bar  [/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 139[/td]
[td]Cant GetRight[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]0 C[/td]
[td]Fri[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]-[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]site 140[/td]
[td]Wizfisher[/td]
[td]2 A[/td]
[td]3 C[/td]
[td]Fri[/td]
[td]Sun[/td]
[td]bourbon chicken[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 16, 2014 - 2:04 pm
Print

weekend poll is activated closing in four days that way we can start booking sites  as close to a 11 month window as possible.    looking on dcnr web page  it looks like the beech and red oak section are pet freindly and the rest of ther cg is not.  never stayed at this cg before so open for suggestions for the best loop

443 Posts
(Offline)
June 16, 2014 - 4:33 pm
Print

I've only done a 1 night tent stop there last summer, so I can't really say one loop is better than the other. I seem to remember that all have trees & shade, but since the Red Oak loop has 22 electric sites & the Beech loop has 8, I would tend to go with the Red Oak loop for rally purposes. Also, the electric sites in the Beech loop back to the water & when we were there last year, you were permitted to leave your boat in the water tied to a tree as long as the tie line was wrapped in rubber, so as not to damage the tree trunk. Meaning, I would think those 8 sites could go quickly for boaters who are familiar with the park. There were many little paths leading from sites directly down to the lake.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 16, 2014 - 8:46 pm
Print

I wouldn't be boating so Red Oak loop would work for me.  I'd be heading to the beach if it works out that we can go.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 17, 2014 - 4:59 am
Print

[quote author=Vagov link=topic=3018.msg29276#msg29276 date=1402941850]
weekend poll is activated closing in four days that way we can start booking sites  as close to a 11 month window as possible.    looking on dcnr web page  it looks like the beech and red oak section are pet freindly and the rest of ther cg is not.  never stayed at this cg before so open for suggestions for the best loop

The entire campground is nice, and you're correct about pets in Beech and Red Oak. I think you'll find that for a rally it may be impossible to get everyone in a group depending on how large the group is.

Gallitzin books really really fast, its not just the sites close to the water either, its the entire campground. A few years ago we tried to book 4 sites together for a  family trip and gave up out of frustration. Any weekend between Memorial and Labor day will mean you'll need to be sitting with finger on the trigger when the reservation window opens. The electric / pet sites are the first to get reserved. The park is very popular and is prone to people reserving mid week and setting up, then leaving until Friday, to have sites for the weekend.

100 + sites out of 398 are already booked for the off season weekend of May 15 2015, and the window has only been open for two days. That is the problem with Gallitzin. Very nice place but tough to get in.

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 17, 2014 - 10:05 am
Print

thanks again john for your input on this campground, as stated before, never actually stayed there so input from those who know more is always appriciated.. so far the week o f july 17-19th is leading the poll, if this stands, or another weekend is chosen  we will have to be quick on the draw to try getting as many as possible together.  another option may be to reserve a pavillion to hold a pot luck at least one night.  looks like  pavillion 1 and 2 are electric .  i also  attend a  NW PA campground  which tends to fill the same way, many resrving the whole week in order to aquire the weekend. so i know what you mean.   

637 Posts
(Offline)
June 18, 2014 - 9:19 am
Print

If it books that fast, do we have a private camprground that we could get a block reserved?

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 18, 2014 - 10:58 am
Print

I didn't say "impossible".  ;D
It will just be a little tough I think.

Its hard to commit 11 months out. I usually reserve away, and pay away, then if something does not work out and I have to cancel.......oh well. Its only money I don't have 😀

826 Posts
(Offline)
June 18, 2014 - 9:04 pm
Print

My review from previous visit:  https://canvascampers.com/inde.....pic=1841.0

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 18, 2014 - 9:51 pm
Print

thanks for the review.. you can be our official tour guide when we get there!

826 Posts
(Offline)
June 19, 2014 - 9:26 am
Print

Thanks. I'm just a good note taker.  I hope we will be able to go.  I won't have a weekend work schedule till feb 2015, so I'll reserve, but may need to change the ressie and just pay the $10 change fee.  Our son spent the ENTIRE weekend on the bike course when we were there.  SO those of you with kids, once your kids know it's there, you will be too.  The CG host does keep an eye on it and insist on helmets and parental presence if your kids are young.  But they will have a blast!

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 19, 2014 - 10:05 am
Print

[quote author=Vagov link=topic=3018.msg29284#msg29284 date=1403013926]
another option may be to reserve a pavillion to hold a pot luck at least one night.  looks like  pavillion 1 and 2 are electric . 

Boat rentals are avail: Pontoons 20' $146/day, 25' $210/day

If you were to lash a couple or 3 of those pontoon boats together you could have a unique potluck platform.

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2014 - 3:22 pm
Print

Ok. Looks like july 17-19 2015 is the winning date at prince galitzen  So now we have to be fast on the draw  when the 11 month window opens aug 17    I am thinking red  oak section. 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 22, 2014 - 9:33 pm
Print

DW and I were at a wedding in Altoona and talking with relatives they said the park is real nice and after seeing Thingette 1's review we would really like to do this.  DW even talked about spending a week up in the area to do different things that we just don't do when visiting the in-laws.  Lakemont park, Horseshoe curve, take DS to Penn State, etc.  But we would really like to do Creationfest NE next year as well so that is going to be our big week long camping trip/vacation at the end of June.  DW is not going to want to do any more camping for a few months afterwards (not everyones spouse is as excited to go camping as we are) so we're going to put it on our list for 2016.  Sorry we won't be able to join you.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 22, 2014 - 10:36 pm
Print

Matt, i am glad you have interest in prince galitzen,  but totally understand.  My  wife is not as enthusiastic as myself when it comes to camping, especially when it comes to doing with people she never met and the whole rally thing.  I hope you have a great time at creationfest and look foward meeting you in 2016 if  not sooner

131 Posts
(Offline)
June 23, 2014 - 9:47 am
Print

[quote author=Vagov link=topic=3018.msg29318#msg29318 date=1403292130]
Ok. Looks like july 17-19 2015 is the winning date at prince galitzen  So now we have to be fast on the draw  when the 11 month window opens aug 17    I am thinking red  oak section.

Ok John, were in I think. Well at least I'll make the reservations and keep fingers crossed I'll be able to make it.

259 Posts
(Offline)
June 23, 2014 - 10:52 am
Print

Ok sounds great.  I will send a reminder out closer to the opening day on ressie  window. Aug 17 th

699 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2014 - 4:31 pm
Print

We are intrested as it ios one of the closer rallys for us.  Chief

259 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2014 - 5:00 pm
Print

Just waiting on the ressie window to open  august 17 th. will post reminders towards the middle and end of july

259 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2014 - 4:53 pm
Print

just a reminder, tomorrow  july 17th will be  only one month out until the ressie window opens up  on aug 17th.    make a note, these sites book fast, so I been told.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2