Print

[quote author=Pathwacker link=topic=3163.msg31103#msg31103 date=1416511234]
[emoji106]

8)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 21, 2015 - 12:23 pm
Print

We were up at Lake Allatoona yesterday at Red Top Mountain with the grandsons enjoying the 60 degree weather (for a change), hiking the river bed and rocks, and testing out the kids' playgrounds. The lake is down for the winter (each year dropped by the Army Corps of Engineers), but it fired up camping thoughts for the spring. The water will start "trickling" out of the reservoir in a couple months and it will soon be time to make your reservations for our Southeastern Spring Rally. Although it won't be the Lake Allatoona area for the spring (it probably will be for the fall), there is a beautiful area up in Chattanooga where we will have the spring rally. Go to page 1 and click on the link to check out the CG and things to do.

Looking forward to camping soon in warmer spring weather and hope to see more sign-ups with our friends and soon-to-be friends!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2015 - 8:21 pm
Print

Just wondering if any of you are getting closer to making your reservations for the Southeast Spring Rally over Memorial Day weekend. We just changed a flat tire on the camper today. We had a slow leak from a nail probably from our last outing in November. Now that we're booked for a few more trips for the next few months, it was good to get over to see the camper, "dust" it off, and open it to see if any mice made a home during the holidays. Nope.

Al and I just booked another rally for TrailManor owners and SOBs (some other brands) at another KOA in Cartersville (GA), so I went ahead and bought a KOA annual membership. Turns out that those discounts will pay for the annual fee.  🙂

Hope you will be joining us at KOA - Lookout Mountain West. I've been collecting some potluck recipes that sound delicious and want to experiment on y'all.  ::)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 13, 2015 - 3:32 pm
Print

I started the potluck info today on page 1 of this rally topic.

Hope you and your friends are planning on making reservations for this holiday weekend. We are really anxious to see more folks sign up and tell us what you might be making for the Saturday evening potluck. If you have any questions, please contact me.

175 Posts
(Offline)
February 20, 2015 - 6:50 pm
Print

Hi gang.  Seems like I haven't been on here in months.  Sorry to say that we won't be able to make the spring rally.  We have had something come up during at least 2 days of the rally.  I kind of suspected this so I had not booked yet.  Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a great time.  This looks like a real nice campground and I'm sorry we will miss out on the fun.  Hopefully we will see everyone at the Fall Rally.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 20, 2015 - 6:58 pm
Print

Sorry you are not able to make the Spring Rally, but hope to see you at the Fall Rally, Darrell. Hope you and Becky & the girls are staying warm with out NW GA winter mix.

117 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2015 - 1:21 pm
Print

I love the idea of camping around Chattanooga.  But Memorial Day weekend is our traditional trip to St Louis for the Annual Gateway Classic Boomerang Tournament.  If any of y'all are there early enough on Friday, perhaps we can swing by and say hello on our way through.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2015 - 11:23 pm
Print

Aw, Jason. We were looking forward to seeing you and Laura and the girls. Sorry you won't be coming for the weekend, but depending on what time we arrive on Friday, hope to catch you as you fly off to the boomerang tournament. If we were staying a bit later, we could catch you on the return! 8)  Have a safe trip and loads of fun.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2015 - 8:43 pm
Print

Whew!  Haven't been on here for a while...but I'm happy to say that we have reservation for Fri to Monday on site 22.  Can't wait to see everyone!  Heard the Threadgils were coming too and bring that new little fellow!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2015 - 10:12 pm
Print

Hey, Nancy! Glad you and Larry will be joining. I am also assuming D. will be with you, too. Hope Amanda and family will chime in soon.  🙂

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 7:28 pm
Print

Yep, Dee will be with us, she's not tired of camping yet. Amanda had posted on the rally facebook page they would be coming, at least that's what I understood.

22 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 11:17 pm
Print

....looks like I need to make my reservations this week. don't want to miss this one!  🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2015 - 11:07 am
Print

Hope to see your reservation info soon, ldog. I'm camping now and will log it in when I get it here and connect to the front page.  Please PM me with your names and kids ages, arrival day (CG. requires 3 days for the holiday) and if you know, what potluck dish you are planning for Sunday night. Thanks.

485 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2015 - 12:37 pm
Print

We will not be able to come to the rally as planned :(. Sorry to be the party pooper but we will miss you guys.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2015 - 11:04 pm
Print

Miles, I really hate to hear this. We will miss ya'll.  Like Judy said, sure hope it's cause you got other travel plans.

21 Posts
(Offline)
March 28, 2015 - 9:22 am
Print

Its good to see that you all are still doing the rallies. We do miss camping with you all.
  We are going fulltime  around the middle of may. We bought a 31k Minnie Winnie 2014and decided its time to see the USA.
  Maybe we can come to the fall rally if we are still allowed to. again we think of  you all a lot .
  Terry and Frann

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 28, 2015 - 1:23 pm
Print

Wow! Congratulations, Terry & Frann, on your Minnie Winnie and for the full-time adventures you will have.  Of course, you are always welcome to our rallies and can follow along on CanvasCampers for when and where. If you are camping down this way even without a rally, let us know. Many of us might be able to meet up with you. If you want to come to our spring rally, it's in Chattanooga at the KOA West over Memorial Day weekend. We have sites arranged for our group; and even though it's small again for the spring, I am sure it will prove to be a great time. Check out the first page of this thread for the info or ask me!  There is also a multi-forum/group meeting at Kings Mountain State Park in So. Carolina if you're interested. It's May 17-19 and perhaps a little closer to NYS. The thread is: https://canvascampers.com/inde.....4#msg31844

Please keep in touch.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2015 - 8:00 pm
Print

Let's just say I am a bit discouraged about the participation (or non-participation) for this rally and feel the sparse voting for dates and sites put us in a predicament with the Memorial Day Weekend requirement of 3 days at the KOA. It looks like a great campground and I am hoping we will have some more folks make their reservations to join us. There are a lot of amenities at KOA Chattanooga West with a variety of close by events down the mountain in Chattanooga.  A small turnout does not mean less of a good time! I think the same thing happened last spring, so maybe we should direct our efforts to only the fall rally. What do you all think?

There is another rally forming on the Portal and some of our friends will be attending (Alabama Summer Rally). It's the week after our Southeast Spring Rally and is running about 4 days over in Desoto SP. If anyone is interested, PM me or Camp Dad and get the details.

235 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2015 - 8:23 pm
Print

I spend most of my time on my phone now and it does not allow me to post on this site. Which is why I haven't posted in a while.  We are still planning on coming to Chattanooga and those who have planned to come also, I know will have a good time. Unfortunately, I guess there are unforeseen events in everyone's life that cause for changes. It may not be a full blown rally, but a gathering of friends. And I'm sure, as always we will meet new friends too. I am not planning any other trips right now, Larry and I both, have had some heath issues lately making me very reluctant to plan any other trips or even our summer vacation.  I'm just in a wait and see mode right now.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2