Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! May 22-25
1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2015 - 8:56 pm
Print

Nancy, I hope all goes well and you and Larry have uplifting news about your health so your summer vacation and other plans can come to fruition.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in Chattanooga and appreciate all you do.  🙂

68 Posts
(Offline)
April 22, 2015 - 7:39 pm
Print

Ok... Finally made reservations today for Friday through Monday. Don't know what site number but Brian there said we were with the rest of the group. Got a 30 amp back in full hookup site.. That's all I know [emoji3]

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 23, 2015 - 9:14 pm
Print

Welcome aboard, Chris. I'll put you and Michelle on the front page in one of the sites. It will be good to see you guys again.

235 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2015 - 10:49 am
Print

So good to see Chris and Michelle are coming!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 1, 2015 - 10:23 pm
Print

21 Days and Counting!  If you were thinking of making your Memorial Day weekend reservations with the Southeastern Spring Rally group, now's the time to do it.

Those with reservations, are you ready to fill in the potluck dishes?

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 2, 2015 - 5:05 pm
Print

Beautiful day! We pulled the camper home from storage and gave it a good wash and dry, touched up some worn spot with spray enamel, and get it ready for the Southeastern Spring Rally in Chattanooga. The grandsons came by with their mom and they got excited the camper was open so they could climb in and look around again. Someday we might be able to take them camping with us. The Rally would be a good time and will be a great time for all.

15 Posts
(Offline)
May 13, 2015 - 11:47 pm
Print

Ok for the potluck I will bring Bacon Cheddar Potatoes and Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake (low carb and gf) with whipped cream.  🙂

15 Posts
(Offline)
May 17, 2015 - 2:21 pm
Print

Ron and I just celebrated our 21st anniversary.  We took off for a couple of days (nice to have a responsible 16 year old at home).  One place we stopped at was Cullum and Maxey Camping Center.  It was so much fun looking at all the campers.  Not that we are getting one now but looking for in the future.  It was a good idea too because at first we thought we would want a travel trailer if the kids were still home but a small rv once they are gone.  We don't want the rv now.  We didn't look at but a couple of fifth wheels since we don't have the truck but wouldn't rule them out.  But I know what I would like in a travel trailer.  Medium to small/medium in size. I loved the ones with a big open window in the back with two recliners in front of it and a couch for visiting with friends.  I want a slide out for floor space for my table. Ron liked the ones with an island but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.  I liked the fake fireplace which I don't have to have either...lol, but it is nice.  I like the solid door going into the bedroom, not a curtain.  I noticed the bedrooms with the headboard against the side of the trailer instead of the front had much more space for closets and even had a dresser. LOTS MORE CLOSET SPACE! Some had their own half bath or had two doors to the bathroom one in the hall and one in the bedroom which is nice. One was set up with an extra door from the outsiide that went into the bathroom which was nice, or an extra door into the bedroom which I liked.  My deal breaker would be the two recliners.  I told him that you couldn't relax as well on the lttle couch or sitting at a table. Plus a lot of the couches were on the same wall as the table so not good for visiting.  Second would be the bedroom design.  There are my morning musings...  I am getting in the camping mode with our upcoming rally. I think it's going to be a great trip!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 18, 2015 - 4:02 pm
Print

Shannon, happy anniversary! I loved your morning musings about TTs and your well-thought out floor plans and features. We saw a lot of different ones this weekend at the multi-forum rally at King's Mountain State Park in South Carolina. There was everything from pop ups to hybrids, minis to motorhomes, even a retro with little wings on the tail end roof! It just goes to show that no matter what we all camp in, we all camp out!

I'll update the potluck page and see you guys soon!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 20, 2015 - 9:04 pm
Print

Sadly, missnanc has had to drop off the list and we wish her DH get well wishes. That leaves four camper families and a beautiful campground and surrounding sites to visit. If anyone is looking for a great setting with loads to do (including nothing but relaxing), come join us in Chattanooga this Memorial Day Weekend!

As a reminder, we will have breakfast on Saturday around 9:00 a.m., hosted by Joel & Camille. Joel is making his famous pancakes and I'm bringing OJ and can make a pot of coffee. We have plates and table supplies on hand from our rally stash as well as utensils. The potluck will be on Sunday night at site #20 unless we find out otherwise when we are there. See everyone soon!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 22, 2015 - 10:33 pm
Print

We all made it. Gorgeous weather..warm day and cool night. Perfect. Group breakfast in the morning and for a change, potluck on Sunday. Hope missnanc can stop by. I can hear the Chattanooga Choo Choo in the distance!

For those of you not camping this weekend, sorry.  😉

44 Posts
(Offline)
May 23, 2015 - 10:24 pm
Print

Hope it's a great weekend for all y'all!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 26, 2015 - 1:38 pm
Print

It was the perfect weekend for camping: Warm days, cool nights, very low humidity, and a shady spot backing up to the trails and woods. The KOA Chattanooga West (in Trenton, GA) was a great CG with fun activities, a salt water pool, clean bathhouse and hot showers, and a very friendly and cooperative staff who made sure everyone knew when activities were starting and helped make things fun. A few of us went to Chattanooga for the day - close enough but not noisy to I-59/24 - with easy access. I was afraid the sites would be too tight and they were small compared to state parks, but we had a lot of room to sit and visit with each other in our site and also held the Sat. breakfast (thanks to joelmyer - Joel & Camille) and the potluck there as well. We were sorry missnanc (Larry & Nancy) had a last-minute cancellation - and we were moved up to their spot to keep us all together - and we wish Larry well in getting his strength back. There was even a drive-in about a mile away with first-run double feature movies we could go to (and Chris & Michelle did)!

Thanks to blessingsinTN (Shannon and her wonderful kids), outofideas (Chris & Michelle), GA Judy's DH (Al) and, again, joelmyer for making the potluck very special. We may have been few but we had a great time.

44 Posts
(Offline)
May 27, 2015 - 11:32 am
Print

Sounds like a great rally.

15 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2015 - 11:10 am
Print

I did enjoy it and so did the kids. Let me know when the next one is planned. I will be camping in Turkey for most of July!  Ok not really camping but I will be staying in a cave hotel for two of those nights! 

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2015 - 2:49 pm
Print

Shannon, I am so excited you will be in Turkey and staying in one of the cave hotels. You are going to love it! Hope you get to do some exploring of the underground cities and be amazed at the churches up in the hills carved out of the tuffa as well. Whoo-hoo.

I don't know who will be organizing the next rally but I'm booked up for most of my time this fall as my church duties have grown along with some family responsibilities. If there is a rally planned for the week after Labor Day, I can do that weekend but not organize and moderate the rally this time around. I hope some of the group step up and I'll hand over the supplies and the Canvas Campers banner.

Have a great time. You'll also love the daily tomato soup if you are lucky to get it!  ;D

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 2, 2015 - 3:31 pm
Print

Even though we will not be coordinating the Southeastern 2015 Fall Rally, I went ahead just now (thanks to blessingsintn's reminder) and made reservations for site #121 from Thurs., Sept. 10 - Sunday, Sept. 13.  There were already 5 reserved sites in "our" loop. If you are interested in joining Al and me, you might want to book your site now.

Have a Happy & Safe 4th of July.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0