November 12, 2011
July 19, 2010
April 25, 2017
We are getting excited about sharing the weekend with everyone and packed for departure after work except the cooler…see you all this evening!
"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."
Hindy, CJHindy, 4 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee & 2005 Jeep Liberty
1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick
1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet
1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus
July 19, 2010
Hi Everyone, it was another great weekend of camping with old and new friends. Even 4 families invited their older kids to experience and enjoy our Thanksgiving camping meal. Rain overnight last night but beautiful and unseasonably warm weather.
Lums Pond is a beautiful state park with full hookup sites. It is in an open grass area field with large sites that have limited shade. FYI – The campground will not allow you to access the campground or your site until exactly 1pm check-in.
Big Thanks to everyone for some amazing food, tables and 10×10 canopies.
– thanks EwwwBugs (my wife) for loving and putting up with me while we plan these events.
– thanks mknott57 & HuskyCampers for starting our huge group fire.
– thanks MariskaHaritay for ordering and coordinating the cord of firewood for the weekend.
– thanks ElmiraFudd for being the wagon master for this group rally and continued Facebook entertainment.
– thanks CampingPhil for everything… the coffee, chaffing dishes, direction, database wizardry and more.
– thanks 2HappyCampers for collecting donations for the event gathering site, firewood, turkeys, etc
– thanks LoneLock for hauling a lot of the event gear onsite
– BIG thanks to chiefbowes, samebutdifferent, 2happycampers and thingette for deep frying 5 turkeys to go with everyone’s sides.
– thank you to everyone who helped make this 10th year thanksgiving rally another great one, sorry if I forgot something.
2018, here we come.
JoeCamper, EwwwBugs, 4 kids, 2dogs and whatever else fits in my truck.
04 Dodge Ram 1500, 2010 Coleman Avalon
December 20, 2010
I wanted to let anyone who had any issues finding the park entrance at night, I contacted Delaware DNR. Here is their reply.
Hello Mr. Mulligan,
Thanks for letting us know about this. There is a street light at the campground entrance. It sounds like there is a good chance that either the bulb or the sensor has gone bad. We will check on it and notify the power company to fix it.
Lums Pond State Park