Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Nov 2017 Thanksgiving Closer
271 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2017 - 4:16 pm
Print

Jealous!  We are leaving after I get off work but that gives us an entire extra day by arriving late!  Also less traffic!

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2017 - 8:39 pm
Print

Since there can never be enough mashed potatoes, we will also make 5 lbs of Mash besides the breads.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2017 - 9:38 am
Print

We are getting excited about sharing the weekend with everyone and packed for departure after work except the cooler...see you all this evening!

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 5, 2017 - 5:39 pm
Print

Hi Everyone, it was another great weekend of camping with old and new friends.  Even 4 families invited their older kids to experience and enjoy our Thanksgiving camping meal.  Rain overnight last night but beautiful and unseasonably warm weather. 

Lums Pond is a beautiful state park with full hookup sites.  It is in an open grass area field with large sites that have limited shade.  FYI - The campground will not allow you to access the campground or your site until exactly 1pm check-in.

Big Thanks to everyone for some amazing food, tables and 10x10 canopies.
- thanks EwwwBugs (my wife) for loving and putting up with me while we plan these events.
- thanks mknott57 & HuskyCampers for starting our huge group fire.
- thanks MariskaHaritay for ordering and coordinating the cord of firewood for the weekend.
- thanks ElmiraFudd for being the wagon master for this group rally and continued Facebook entertainment.
- thanks CampingPhil for everything... the coffee, chaffing dishes, direction, database wizardry and more.
- thanks 2HappyCampers for collecting donations for the event gathering site, firewood, turkeys, etc
- thanks LoneLock for hauling a lot of the event gear onsite
- BIG thanks to chiefbowes, samebutdifferent, 2happycampers and thingette for deep frying 5 turkeys to go with everyone's sides.
- thank you to everyone who helped make this 10th year thanksgiving rally another great one, sorry if I forgot something.

2018, here we come.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....pic=3555.0

[smg id=3474]
[smg id=3468]
[smg id=3469]
[smg id=3471]
[smg id=3470]

701 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2017 - 9:45 am
Print

Thanks to Tmmull for the help

357 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2017 - 9:51 am
Print

I wanted to let anyone who had any issues finding the park entrance at night, I contacted Delaware DNR. Here is their reply.
Hello Mr. Mulligan,

Thanks for letting us know about this.  There is a street light at the campground entrance.  It sounds like there is a good chance that either the bulb or the sensor has gone bad.  We will check on it and notify the power company to fix it.

Thanks,

Mike Moyer
Park Superintendent
Lums Pond State Park

357 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2017 - 9:52 am
Print

[quote author=chiefbowes link=topic=3600.msg36601#msg36601 date=1510065916]
Thanks to Tmmull for the help

Your welcome! I like to cook.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York