sp_TopicIcon
The NOT a Rally, Rally
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 24, 2017 - 7:51 pm
Print

[size=18pt][font=georgia]Summer on the Water Rally 2017[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Date:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]May 05-07, 2017[/font][/size] - yes, I said 2017
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Location:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]French Creek State Park, Everson, PA[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Campground Info:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]Click Here![/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Reservations:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]Click Here![/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Coordinators:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]Nobody, because it's not a rally[/font][/size] and [size=14pt][font=georgia]you know what to do.[/font][/size]
[size=8pt]By posting or participating in this event, you agree to the linked Legal Agreement that CanvasCampers.com and its agents are not liable for your participation.[/size]

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 24, 2017 - 7:53 pm
Print

C01 - JoeCamper
C02 - HuskyCampers
C03 - MariskaHargitay
C05 - busdriverwc75
C06 - samebutdifferent
C10 - iluv2camp
C33 - MarcS
C39 - 2HappyCampers
C44 - TheB.Fam
B08 - Lone Lock

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 25, 2017 - 9:56 am
Print

Love to join everyone, but that is the opening weekend of our seasonal site. And being the "Activities Director" for them, requires me to be there on opening weekend. See everyone in Gettysburg.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 25, 2017 - 8:20 pm
Print

NO potluck details, lets just make it up when we get there.  6pm Saturday, somewhere in Loop C

701 Posts
(Offline)
April 26, 2017 - 1:34 pm
Print

With all the talk on this one i think they should all be "not a rally" 🙂

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 7:28 am
Print

I've had a few people ask me what is this "Not a Rally" rally? 

We've been doing this for 10 years now and from others recommendations, I normally plan a group camping rally once a month from March thru November. 
We've had:

[li]108 people at Niagara Falls[/li]
    [li]small rallies with 8-12 people[/li]
    [li]we've toured the Gettysburg Battlefield[/li]
    [li]visited a wolf preserve[/li]
    [li]enjoyed wineries[/li]
    [li]Nascar race weekends[/li]
    [li]Williamsburg history[/li]
    [li]the NJ shore beaches[/li]
    [li]walked a few 5ks for charity[/li]
    [li]biked to far for MS search[/li]
    [li]seen the witches of Salem Massachusetts[/li]
    [li]we had a campfire engagement[/li]
    [li]we've kayaked in the Poconos[/li]
    [li]zip lined the longest on the US[/li]
    [li]we challenged an escape room together[/li]
    [li]hiked beautiful water falls[/li]
    [li]we taken a dinner cruise[/li]
    [li]rented a large 2 story pontoon boat with slide[/li]
    [li]ziplined the longest in the US[/li]
    [li]we've spend the day at amusement parks riding rollercoasters and bumper cars together[/li]
    [li]we've decorated our campsites for Halloween while creating a cemetery and won prizes[/li]
    [li]attended each others weddings[/li]
    [li]we've gathered the first full weekend in November for the last 9 years and enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner together[/li]
    [li]and so much more[/li]
    [li]This summer we are white water rafting[/li]

Everyone is welcome, it's free and it will change your camping experience. Yes, it's free.  The website actually cost money every year because there is no cost to our members and just have a few advertisers.  Today, many post their pictures and ask questions on Facebook for 'likes' and immediate satisfaction because that's society today.  The main thing we've done here is enjoyed camping and met great people that many now call friends. 

Our typical weekend, everyone books their own sites.  We have a campfire Friday evening and potluck/campfire Saturday evening.  Some will go for a walk, hike or bike.  Sometimes tour others campers.  Mostly tell stories and share our lives.  Get involved in as much or as little as you wish.

Sorry, back to the question.  We have a rally planned in May already and I'm camping at French Creek SP this weekend with my son's scout troop so mentioned that it's not a rally but anyone's welcome to camp.  There is about 10 sites booked and apparently the "it's not a rally" is now a rally.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 8:47 am
Print

I like it. I had considered tent camping overnight friday and seeing if my grand daughter could come. Will there be other kids than your sons Boy Scout troop :ranger: for her to get to know?

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 9:17 am
Print

Great!  My wife and 2 of our 3 daughters will be there Saturday after play rehearsal and a softball game.  HuskyCampers have a new boy, samebutdifferent have 2 sons, MarcS has a daughter, TheBFam have a son and daughter, Vik-king has a son and daughter, MariskaHargitay is immature.

357 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 9:35 am
Print

I think the smallest CC rally was 5 participants! You missed that one due to tow vehicle issues.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 9:45 am
Print

Cool. I am waiting to hear from my grandaughter who just turned 12. My wife Carol might be co-erced into coming too but she has a busy friday and may not be up to it. Our campers are still closed up for the season but we like to tent it sometimes. Looking forward to meeting new camping families.

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

230 Posts
(Offline)
April 27, 2017 - 6:16 pm
Print

Cora and I will be over after school on Friday.  We are looking forward to a nice weekend for our first trip of the season.

(smallest CC rally I've attended was Fall Foliage rally 2011 Frances Slocam- I think it was just me, Guitarman Steve, and his dog Mocha we still had a great time)

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 28, 2017 - 2:25 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=3639.msg35712#msg35712 date=1493299065]
MariskaHargitay is immature.

Fighting words, or maybe drinking words.  :rofl:

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
470 Posts
(Offline)
May 1, 2017 - 2:56 pm
Print

I know we're not-talking-food for the not-a-rally, so I won't say that it's Cinqo De Maio weekend, and that we're not bringing crockpot cheeseyburger and taco shells.

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2017 - 9:59 am
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=3639.msg35718#msg35718 date=1493403954]
Fighting words, or maybe drinking words.  :rofl:

meh, but not inaccurate words  😀

470 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2017 - 10:28 pm
Print

2HappyCampers can NOT make the Not-A-Rally. If someone would like to buy our site, please let me know ASAP!
Thanks
RnRnR

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2017 - 5:34 pm
Print

What, NO 2happycampers?  My truck is making noise and I need Rob to tell me what wrong... besides it's a Dodge.  Oh and we'll miss you.

On another note, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.  Did someone say margaritas?

701 Posts
(Offline)
May 5, 2017 - 7:00 am
Print

That noise is the motor it must be running. A noise not normally heard from a Ram.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
May 9, 2017 - 2:22 pm
Print

Wow, you folks are a great bunch and Carol and I are glad we could join you for part of the weekend. We are definitely sorry we could not join in the pot luck but expect we will have plenty of others to enjoy. Thanks again for the more than warm welcome.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats: