Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - March 2019
464 Posts
(Offline)
December 27, 2018 - 5:22 pm
Print

Found out this week that my sister, who lives in Alaska is planning to visit March 22nd. We will not be able to attend the rally.  Special time with my sister.  I have cancelled our reservation.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2019 - 12:13 pm
Print

Bring her, she will never be the same.

464 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2019 - 12:26 pm
Print

JoeCamper said
Bring her, she will never be the same.

Sorry Joe, not Rusty, you or any of the other male members of canvascampers can change my sister. 

823 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2019 - 1:36 pm
Print

I would love to visit Alaska!  Ill bet she's got some awesome stories!  I may be down to visit the group that weekend.  But not camp. Unless its a last minute decision.

165 Posts
(Offline)
February 5, 2019 - 10:03 pm
Print

More importantly, let's talk about the pot luck dinner.  Any ideas of a theme?  

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
February 8, 2019 - 7:21 am
Print

I don't know that we have a theme planned at this time.

Do we want to do a chili cook off? Maybe a soup/stew theme?

I do have a game planned for this rally. (game at 5, dinner at 6pm Saturday) Freshin up on your 70-80 sitcoms 

271 Posts
(Offline)
February 9, 2019 - 9:16 am
Print

JoeCamper said

I do have a game planned for this rally. (game at 5, dinner at 6pm Saturday) Freshin up on your 70-80 sitcoms 

I have a great pot roast recipe!  😋 

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

90 Posts
(Offline)
February 11, 2019 - 10:13 am
Print

JoeCamper said

I bet it's BINGO!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
February 12, 2019 - 9:25 am
Print

LOL, it is not bingo but we have that planned for the June Little Pine SP rally.

I am doing research for a bingo fundraiser... coming soon.

232 Posts
(Offline)
February 25, 2019 - 4:09 pm
Print

saintpaula said
Found out this week that my sister, who lives in Alaska is planning to visit March 22nd. We will not be able to attend the rally.  Special time with my sister.  I have cancelled our reservation.

Hope we get to see you and your sister, hope you willbring hercoolcool

232 Posts
(Offline)
February 25, 2019 - 4:10 pm
Print

HuskyCampers said

JoeCamper said

I bet it's BINGO!

Game sounds great, and glad it's sat cause we may have to change to sat/sunday instead of friday

26 Posts
(Offline)
February 26, 2019 - 7:44 pm
Print

Oops.  Saw a full hook up and an electric site a few days ago. Finally decided to book and they are gone. I’ll look out for an opening. 

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

635 Posts
(Offline)
February 27, 2019 - 1:13 pm
Print

Nater104 said
Oops.  Saw a full hook up and an electric site a few days ago. Finally decided to book and they are gone. I’ll look out for an opening. 

If all regular electric sites are taken, you can book a handicap site. 

26 Posts
(Offline)
February 27, 2019 - 7:31 pm
Print

thingette1 said

Nater104 said

If all regular electric sites are taken, you can book a handicap site. 

As far as I can tell only non electric sites are left. 

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 5, 2019 - 5:31 pm
Print

My carhartt work jacket has seen better days.  Frayed cuffs, stains, rips, many cinder burns, and finally one of the buttons is about to pull through.  I think I will retire it on Saturday night at the campfire and burn it.  It has served me well over the years but it is time to get a new one....hopefully on sale at this time of year.  

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 5, 2019 - 9:23 pm
Print

Not sure what we will be doing for PotLuck yet, but for Friday Night - Chef Pete and Phil will be providing fried goodies including spring rolls, jalapeno poppers, and other bad fried things and maybe a special test tube adult beverage around the campfire.

P.S. Your diet is screwed for this weekend, and you should put your liver on notice that Canvascampers are back!!

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 6, 2019 - 11:53 am
Print

My cousin Jim and his wife Starre still haven't signed on here but I forwarded them Phil's post to get them thinking about food for the weekend.  They are excited now to say the least.  Starre is going to make an Italian Lasagna.  That got me thinking of something I had years ago at a work pot luck....Polish Lasagna.  Lasagna noodles with Pierogie potato filling.  Yummmm. 

I'll experiment with making that in the crock pot this weekend.    

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2019 - 9:56 am
Print

Life seems to be a little hectic right now but we are looking forward to the camping season starting up again.

We are planning to make kielbasa and cabbage for the potluck.

Like all of our March and November group rallies, we have a gathering site booked and will be ordering a load of firewood for the weekend.  We'd like to split the cost, final details soon.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 8, 2019 - 8:51 am
Print

The Kielbasa will go good with the Polish Pierogie Lasagna.  Along with my Cousin's Italian Lasagna it looks like an ethnic foods pot luck......what does everyone else think? 

441 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2019 - 3:01 pm
Print

We will bring siesta shells, sort of like a Mexican mac & cheese.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3699

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2