Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - Season Opener Group Rally, March 2018
2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2018 - 2:48 pm
Print

I spoke with the firewood guy....the wood is currently under a tarp so it'll be dry when we get it.

Dualsporter....I'm not bringing my kayaks but I am definitely bringing a snow shovel.  I may throw a few sleds in the truck for the kids to play with as well.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

36 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2018 - 5:11 pm
Print

Lone Lock said
I spoke with the firewood guy....the wood is currently under a tarp so it'll be dry when we get it.

Dualsporter....I'm not bringing my kayaks but I am definitely bringing a snow shovel.  I may throw a few sleds in the truck for the kids to play with as well.  

Good news on the firewood. And yep, no kayaks now and good idea on the snow shovel. I'm ready for some snowy camping. see you all there. 

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2018 - 7:02 pm
Print

Image Enlarger

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 5:58 pm
Print

Has anyone bailed out yet??

232 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 6:01 pm
Print

I finally got logged on to this new site. Help? Where do I find the map/site numbers? and food items (so we can figure out what to bring. Also interested in 1 of the seafood dinners if someone could let me know time of delivery, how to order etc. And finally, with all this snow is the campground still going to be open? Hopefully that is  a stupid question, but maybe not. And, thoughts on bringing sleds?

36 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 6:57 pm
Print

We have not bailed, we will be there. I think bringing sleds is a good idea. I stopped by the park back in Dec while I was in the lancaster area and there was plenty of snow and I would say there were about 8 to 10 campers in loop C. 

36 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 6:58 pm
Print

justchillin said
I finally got logged on to this new site. Help? Where do I find the map/site numbers? and food items (so we can figure out what to bring. Also interested in 1 of the seafood dinners if someone could let me know time of delivery, how to order etc. And finally, with all this snow is the campground still going to be open? Hopefully that is  a stupid question, but maybe not. And, thoughts on bringing sleds?  

Go to page 1 on this thread and there is a link to the event info. 

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 8:02 pm
Print

justchillin said

Closed?? It isn't the first time we camped in snow

Image Enlarger

635 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 8:06 pm
Print

Yak, you there now? How much snow do you have?

Yak said

Closed?? It isn't the first time we camped in snow

Image Enlarger

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 9:00 pm
Print

I think Yaks picture is from a prior trip in the snow.  

The park will be open.  The roads will be plowed and I believe they sand the roads....not salt.  They do plow the sites that are reserved and 1 or 2 extra.  It will be 1 plow width to the end of the paved pad.  Bring a shovel with you.  I have been there in the snow where there is a mound of snow in front of the electrical  box.  They do put those snow poles near the sewer and water hookups for those of us with full hook ups....which will be available.  The full hookups have the special hose shut offs that are under ground.  They ask that we shut off the water to our campers overnight so it does not freeze.  

Site 15 is the gathering site.  We may want to gather with our shovels on friday to clear around the campfire area.  

My TT is cleared and the interior cleaned.  I wanted to wash the outside but I don't think I'll get to it before the weekend 🙂  I also dewinterized.  I have a full hookup, I'm using it.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 9:38 pm
Print

thingette1 said

Yak, you there now? How much snow do you have?

I wish, this was from a January trip in 13

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 9:54 pm
Print

I am probably one of the closest to French Creek SP and we got 6 inches of snow.  The roads are clear and the next two days will be in the 40s.  The next 5 days with no snow or rain in the forecast.  We're going camping with a big fire.

232 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 10:18 pm
Print

thanks everyone for the info - we got over a foot of snow and it is still coming down, luckily we are in a cabin since I don't think we can get to our trailer. Sooooo -it sounds like a go, YIPEEE  PLanning to bring cornbread/muffins

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 10:24 pm
Print

The Hindy's are still a go and looking forward to an exciting weekend.

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 10:39 pm
Print

JoeCamper said
I am probably one of the closest to French Creek SP and we got 6 inches of snow.  The roads are clear and the next two days will be in the 40s.  The next 5 days with no snow or rain in the forecast.  We're going camping with a big fire.  

That is THE attitude to have.... Its CAMPING time, part 3 of Pete 50 Fest....

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 10:43 pm
Print

justchillin said
I finally got logged on to this new site. Help? Where do I find the map/site numbers? and food items (so we can figure out what to bring. 

Look at the top menu bar above the forum. Click Group Rallies, click French Creek - Spring Opener. That shows you the recap and links back to this thread.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
823 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2018 - 10:50 pm
Print

Canceling. Lotsa snow here. and still snowing.  See you next time!

271 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 7:24 am
Print

We are coming!  Got 4 inches here so biggest challenge will be getting cover off camper if snow has not melted by tomorrow morning.  Roads are very clear here.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

90 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 9:49 am
Print

French Creek just posted on their fb that they have a foot of snow.

We got 13-14 inches. Not sure if we are going to make it or not.

230 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 4:08 pm
Print

We had over a foot but it's melting quickly.  Looks like a nice weekend.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3699

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2