Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - Season Opener Group Rally, March 2018
145 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 4:51 pm
Print

Just went  to Frenchcreek all the sites are plowed out.  Definitely will need to bring a shovel or two so you can have room to step out of your campers for the weekend.  Roads are clear and the snow has gone down significantly since yesterday.  

441 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 6:00 pm
Print

We had close to a foot of snow, but luckily the plow guys didn't bury the trailer which is stored on the section of lawn at the end of the road where everything gets pushed. The sun today has really melted it & caused the depth to decrease drastically. We probably won't even have to shovel it out tomorrow. I have been out on the roads all day & they are in great shape. 

Chris is putting the battery in tonight & I will pack & hitch tomorrow. Can't wait!

41 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 7:06 pm
Print

Our camper is plowed in so we're cancelling.  We had a full hookup - so that will be available if anyone wants to move to that site.  We are planning to visit Sat. evening.  

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2018 - 9:18 pm
Print

I just talked to the firewood guy....it's all dry under a tarp and he is off of work tomorrow so we don't have to wait until he is off of work to bring the wood.  I'll text him when tomorrow when I plan to be there so we can meet and I can pay him.....unless someone else wants to front the $220 for the firewood 🙂 

I am going to try to be there for 2:00 but in reality that means I won't even leave my house until 2:00 and have to stop here and there and get there around 3:00.....But I'm going to try to get there for 2:00!!!

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

90 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2018 - 7:10 am
Print

Camper is cleared off and packed! Ready to go!!!

We are going to bring Salsa Chicken.

230 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2018 - 12:32 pm
Print

Leaving home now, flying solo Cora is under the weather and may come out with Kate later.

232 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2018 - 5:53 pm
Print

monkeywrench in our plans- had to go to doc today, we will wait and re-evaluate our plans sat -keeping our fingers crossed to still make it Dagnabit!!!!!!!

1 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2018 - 5:55 pm
Print

new guy here - first post

I found this board when I was planning to camp in French Creek SP this weekend. I went online to book a camping spot and it looked like the campground was really full. I went googling around to find out why it would be so busy in March - eventually that led me to find out yall were having this rally (also, youth trout fishing weekend, fun fact).

Anyway my wife and I camp all the time, and she also loves to cook/loves potlucks and we're going to be in loop C where yall are at since that was what had spots open, so we figured we should join up and say hi. We'll be tent camping in C-23, and she is making cornbread & pecan pie. I tried to post this yesterday but got sidetracked so people are probably already down there but anyway we'll be there tomorrow afternoon

- R+M from Bethlehem

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2018 - 3:17 pm
Print

brewing wessels said

I found this board when I was planning to camp in French Creek SP this weekend. I went online to book a camping spot and it looked like the campground was really full. I went googling around to find out why it would be so busy in March - eventually that led me to find out yall were having this rally (also, youth trout fishing weekend, fun fact).

Anyway my wife and I camp all the time, and she also loves to cook/loves potlucks and we're going to be in loop C where yall are at since that was what had spots open, so we figured we should join up and say hi. We'll be tent camping in C-23, and she is making cornbread & pecan pie. I tried to post this yesterday but got sidetracked so people are probably already down there but anyway we'll be there tomorrow afternoon

- R+M from Bethlehem  

Well I hope you enjoyed yourselves!!

271 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2018 - 5:45 pm
Print

We have made it home safely!  Had a wonderful weekend!  We will see you at Watkins Glen!

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

26 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 7:14 am
Print

brewing wessels said

- R+M from Bethlehem  

I didn’t catch you guys are from Bethlehem too. We were newbies as well. I came because friends of mine were camping with the group. 

It was nice meeting everyone. I had a good time even though I was only there for one night. 🙂

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

699 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 7:35 am
Print

As usual it was a great weekend as a whole. a little surprise Sunday morning that went away. To all the newbies it was great to meet you and we hope we see you again. To everyone thank you for making this group what it is!  Most people will never understand why i drive like i do to join this crew. All it takes is one visit to understand and I'm sure the new people will agree.  Great people, great food, great time.  Gary

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 11:30 am
Print

We are creating a galley of pictures for this Spring Opener. If you have pictures that we can share, please go here and upload them:

https://canvascampers.com/spri.....e-uploads/

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
162 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 7:55 pm
Print

CampingPhil said
We are creating a galley of pictures for this Spring Opener. If you have pictures that we can share, please go here and upload them:

https://canvascampers.com/spri.....loads/  

Says I don't have permission???

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 7:57 pm
Print

Image Enlarger

26 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 8:40 pm
Print

CampingPhil said

https://canvascampers.com/spri.....loads/  

Can you grab from the ones I posted in the Facebook event page?

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 26, 2018 - 9:09 pm
Print

Yak said

Says I don't have permission???  

Fixed, sorry about that.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 27, 2018 - 4:34 pm
Print

Here are the pictures we have received so far:

https://canvascampers.com/gall.....ng-opener/

Contribute your pictures here:

https://canvascampers.com/spri.....e-uploads/

162 Posts
(Offline)
March 27, 2018 - 7:23 pm
Print

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
March 28, 2018 - 12:27 pm
Print

Great group camping weekend despite a little snow.  Thanks, Lone Lock for helping moderate this rally.

Welcome to the few new campers to the group.

Yak has posted a time-lapse video of the potluck and we have many photos in the gallery from the weekend.

https://canvascampers.com/gall.....ng-opener/

1 ... 23456
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3699

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689