Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Thanksgiving Season Closer Rally, PA 2018
470 Posts
(Offline)
October 29, 2018 - 12:41 am
Print

Lone Lock said
I've updated the table at the start.  Please take a look at it and let me know if I missed something you are bringing that I don't have down.  Let us know what your bringing to the Pot luck!!!

What we need is:
-20# propane tank.  Full
-10 cans of sterno
-3 more tables

-Don't forget your serving utensil for what you bring to the pot luck.  

We're also bringing 6 racks, 2 full size pans, and 2 cans of sterno

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 29, 2018 - 9:07 am
Print

I gotcha 2HappyCampers.  

What does everyone plan to do while there?  Are there any good "mountain bike" trails I can take Nathan on?  I don't want some crazy log riding, river fording, jumping trail......just a dirt trail that I can do with my hybrid that has aggressive tires on and Nathan can do.  

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 30, 2018 - 9:08 am
Print

I was in Walmart yesterday and they had the RV antifreeze for $2.58 per gallon.  I plan to winterize my camper on Sunday before I go home so I picked up 2 gallons.  Since this is a new camper I decided to look at my HWH and water pump to make sure I had the bypass and what was needed to make a siphon hose for the water pump and see what special tools I may need.  Good thing I looked at it.  The panels are screwed in with the square screws, not phillips or flat head.  I pulled the 2 panels needed and an extra one that I thought could get me to the water pump but it turns out that was for the heater....at least I now know the heater is easily accessible if I ever need to get to it.  

I'm happy to report the bypass that the dealer was supposed to install is there and as a bonus there already is a siphon hose hooked directly to the water pump.  My last 2 campers I had to unscrew the intake hose and screw on the siphon hose.  now I don't need to do that 🙂

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2018 - 11:07 am
Print

We are climbing out from under our rock...We've been buying a house, moving and clearing out of our apartments the last month plus. keys are turned in now and the unpacking and painting etc will continue...but...we are ready to take a weekend off to camp.

We will have 3 adults at this point and want to do "cooler corn".

https://www.thecookingmom.com/.....n-the-cob/

Hey it's thanksgiving, there must be maize right?

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

145 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2018 - 2:02 pm
Print

We are bring a side, still don't know what!  eeps 

Ill check out the farmers market tomorrow and see what veggies they have. sprouts or sweet potatoes,carrots ?  dunno. 

We will be there tomorrow late afternoon.

what are we chipping in for wood and turkey site etc?  want to make sure I have enough cash. 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2018 - 3:40 pm
Print

I just did a count.....it looks like 30 adults and 6 kids and a bunch of dogs.  There are 16 sites booked for our group.  I don't know what the suggested amount will be to put in the hat that will be passed around.  We have to add up all of the costs and then divide.  Typically it is like $25

232 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 12:51 pm
Print

well, we still hope to make it, hubby was in a car accident last night, no injuries thankfully but we are down a car and have the lovely experience of dealing with ins/repairs/rentals blah blah--- so we will prob only be able to make it for sat camping and will bring dessert item. Never a dull moment...

470 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 12:58 pm
Print

justchillin said
well, we still hope to make it, hubby was in a car accident last night, no injuries thankfully but we are down a car and have the lovely experience of dealing with ins/repairs/rentals blah blah--- so we will prob only be able to make it for sat camping and will bring dessert item. Never a dull moment...  

Oh no! I'm so glad to hear he's okay though. That can be quite the headache. We're glad you're still going to try to come though, it will be great to see you both.

271 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 5:24 pm
Print

Campground host said that the park is cracking down on early arrivals.  Had some problems over the summer.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

85 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 5:38 pm
Print

We will bring a 20# propane tank.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 7:28 pm
Print

Ok, I did not think this out well. Corn is not in season now.

We are just going to do some Mac N Cheese instead.

See you tomorrow.

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2018 - 7:44 pm
Print

My parents are bringing Cranberry Relish and Pepper Cabbage as their potluck items.

I will pack 2 EZups and 1 6ft folding table. 

706 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2018 - 8:54 am
Print

BF said he will make mashed potatoes. I'll pick up some flavored creamer for coffee too. 

470 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2018 - 11:15 am
Print

HELP!!!!

We've lost the crank for our camper that raises the roof. It's a 1-1/4 inch square for a 2004 Viking 2465ST.

Will anyone coming this weekend have one that size we can use? We're going to scope out some Camper stores along the route as well, but wanted a backup. TIA

2(not so)HappyCampers

frownfrown

232 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2018 - 1:12 pm
Print

Ladyhawke said
Campground host said that the park is cracking down on early arrivals.  Had some problems over the summer.  

Oh no, this is the one time we are hoping to do this, was supposed to be in tonight (due to car accident I posted about) we had to change to sat -I would have just left it alone (only saved us $15 to change) if I would've seen this post yesterday  : (      Ugh, sure hope we don't have any problems. Thanks for the heads up.

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2018 - 8:59 pm
Print

Thanks to everyone that attended. The food was awesome, as always. The company was even better! Happy Holiday to everyone.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2