Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Are you booking for the 2012 season
217 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2012 - 9:27 am
Print

Since we know we'll be away we booked Memorial Day weekend and a Fourth of July trip

333 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2012 - 10:32 am
Print

I had our week-long Niagara trip booked back in October, but most others I book about 2-3 months in advance. Occasionally, we'll get a whim and go, but even that is usually reserved at least a week prior. Since most times can't get away until 5pm on Fridays, we like to know there'll be a site for us when we get there.

600 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2012 - 11:30 am
Print

only time we book in advance is if it is a rally, or a planned family event ( the WHOLE family, not just ours)
mostly it will be on a whim though due to work schedules.
it makes it harder these days, and limits CG availability, but sometimes the best adventures are ones unplanned.

191 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2012 - 10:08 am
Print

We always reserve a site.  If we don't make a reservation, I am so stressed out that I won't get a site that I can't enjoy the trip.  We do occasionally decide we want to make a trip, but that's still 3 or 4 days in advance.

Another reason that I try to book trips in advance is that for several years I worked with a guy that was off at least every other Friday and Monday.  Since we are a fairly small shop, that means others can't take off those days.  If I didn't book, I wouldn't be able to take a long weekend.

I also find that if I don't book trips, other things come up and I don't camp as often as I want to.  So booking in advance helps me camp more.

450 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2012 - 11:57 am
Print

For regular weekend trips I will make a reservation a week before.  I want to make sure the weather is good before we go.  Memorial Day and 4th July we make a month in advance.

86 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2012 - 9:56 pm
Print

I have 2 already book for this year and i have one for this weekend that i book 2 week ago.

138 Posts
(Offline)
April 10, 2012 - 12:28 pm
Print

We've already been to French Creek, we're going to Kentucky for a rally next week, we've already booked for the May rally in NJ, and we've booked for a week on Skyline Drive at the end of June.  We haven't done anything further than that so far, but we might make a couple of more-or-less spontaneous trips to the beach or to VA too.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 10, 2012 - 12:45 pm
Print

We have a popup trip once a month in March, April, May, September, October and November.
In June, July and August we go up to our seasonal site in Gibson PA.

So we are camping somewhere about 22 weekends a year.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
1238 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2012 - 7:12 pm
Print

Last month I booked a 4 day/3 night'er for June near Sequoia.  I'll be part of one of the largest gatherings of Apache popups in the Western US.

The trip itself will be about 2 weeks with a semi-leisurely travel schedule.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2