Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
FS: 2011 Livin Lite Quicksilver 8.1
129 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2012 - 9:33 am
Print

Sad to say but we're selling our 2011 Livin Lite QuickSilver 8.1 pop up camper trailer. Due to my wife's work schedule and the baby, we just don't get a chance to use it. I ordered it in 2010 two weeks before we found out my wife was pregnant. We only used it 3 times and has less than 2,000 miles on it. Some quick facts: All aluminum construction so no wood or wood products to rot and no steel to rust. Comes with Interstate deep cycle battery and box, awning, privacy curtain, aluminum wheels, spare mounted under the camper, 1 queen size and 1 single size bunk. Weighs just 865 pounds (1500 GVWR). I'm able to tow it with my 4-cylinder Honda Accord. Dinette set can be converted to another bed that can sleep 2 more. Here's the link to my Craigslist ad: http://cnj.craigslist.org/lehi.....39122.html

In the ad it says price is firm but it can be negotiated with Canvas Campers members.

217 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2012 - 9:43 am
Print

Don't do It! I'm not in your situation, but all I can say is we bought our first pup when DW1 was 8 months old. I remember the first outing with DW2 at 6 mos old in may of '10. Kids love camping and it's a great bonding experience for you. As for your wife's schedule you can't change that, but you can take the baby and have a trip for the two of you. Just simplify and maybe stay closer to home, then your wife can come from work. Just a thought.

129 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2012 - 9:51 am
Print

Mike,

I hear ya and I've been debating over it for a while now. We actually attended a meet at Lake Raystown last year with our then 8.5-month old son and we really enjoyed it. I thought about just camping with our 17-month old without my wife but she wasn't receptive to that idea and I really don't blame her. Don't get me wrong, we're not giving up camping entirely. We're hoping my wife's work schedule will lighten up in a couple of years and then we'll get another one. With our current camper still being relatively new I figure I can still get a decent price for it since the Livin Lite campers tend to hold their value quite well. If it just let it sit there then it will just depreciate in value. In a few years I can pick up a used one for much less.

86 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2012 - 10:17 pm
Print

Don't do it :'( does your wife work every weekend ? and if she does not work every weekend than do just weekend when you can.

129 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Print

She's in retail so she's working either Saturday or Sunday. Usually both. Never neither unless she asks for the weekend off. Even then she wouldn't get Friday night off so there's really no point.

86 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2012 - 8:57 am
Print

Well am sorry have to sale it it shame my she could get a job in Government like maybe working in the school systems.then she could have weekends off and the Holidays.

129 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2012 - 12:45 pm
Print

I hear ya, Big Jim. I work for the Federal Government and I get tons of time off. I'm trying to get her to quite or find a different job outside of retail or restaurant that's closed on the weekends but she loves where she works so what can you do?

86 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2012 - 10:06 pm
Print

I don't know you don't want to make her mad or you could sleeping in the camper ;D i work for state gov in one of the state Park

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2