Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Magnetek series 6400 model 6409 missing fuse fix
1 Posts
(Offline)
August 21, 2012 - 12:08 am
Print

This link is for a replacement fuse holder and receptacle for a supposedly obsolete MAGNETEK series 6400A model 6409 power converter in a 1994  Coleman  Destiny Royale  pop up camper. I recently bought a Coleman and the fuse holder that pushes into the receptacle was missing . I made a temporary repair with a 30Amp spade style fuse holder pigtail and 1/4" male spades crimped on the ends. Popped out the original Littlefuse fuse holder receptacle and plugged in the replacement pigtail through the original square hole and plugged it into the original 2 female spades, taped the connections and put in a 15amp fuse and everything works fine. You could leave it like that,  as it sits about flat on the face of the converter but I wanted it right. Sunday I was determined to find an original holder, well I didn't but I did find the whole fuse holder, receptacle and either black or red bezels for the face. I ordered 2, with a red and black bezel for each. They should be here in 2-3 days on UPS and only cost $17.52 for everything including shipping.  While trying and searching for an original holder I've found a lot of people having the same problem and found where it is talked about, broken links, missing links and nothing that got me where I wanted to go. The original receptacle has Littlefuse right on the housing so that's where I felt I needed to go.  I hope this helps someone!!!! 8)
    http://www.newark.com/catalog_.....?page=1460

91 Posts
(Offline)
August 21, 2012 - 8:08 am
Print

Glad you found what you are looking for.
This is supposed to be just the cap, but someone ordered one years ago and got the whole fuse holder without the cap, a few returns and they finally got just the cap!

http://www.ralphselectronics.c.....LIT-348007

loose parts = poor design

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3