Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
2010 starcraft 1224 popup
3 Posts
(Offline)
April 30, 2017 - 12:30 am
Print

does anyone know what lift system this popup uses and how to access it for lubrication and repair? I just purchased it, would like to do the lift system maintenance, but other than the hole for the crank handle i see no way to access the lift system. any help would be appreciated!

236 Posts
(Offline)
April 30, 2017 - 12:22 pm
Print

Did you look underneath the pup ?

3 Posts
(Offline)
April 30, 2017 - 6:57 pm
Print

yup, went over every inch of that thing, no access door. Looks like i might have to do some interior disassembly to get to it, can't find any info on the net

382 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2017 - 3:06 pm
Print

I don't know if this helps but to lube the lift system in my pop up (older Viking) i removed the brake light assembly with 4 screws located directly next to my crank area and was able to reach in and do everything that way. but my lights are recessed into the body of my camper so they have a cut out i don't know if yours does on that model.

638 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2017 - 6:57 pm
Print

I have a jayco and all of the lift cables are inside the camper behind the cabinets. While it keeps them from being damaged, it is a pain to access. Yes, I would have to remove all the cabinets to do anything.

That being said, is there anything you want to change while you have them out? Now would be the time to run new electrical or plumbing if you need it too.

3 Posts
(Offline)
May 5, 2017 - 1:32 pm
Print

what has to be done to access the winch ?

638 Posts
(Offline)
May 8, 2017 - 3:52 pm
Print

Sorry, not sure. Never had to deal with the winch. Mine is behind the shower/toilet combo, so I think I would pull off the front plastic panel to get to it. Anyway you look at it, it's probably a major disassemby process.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2