(Offline)
October 12, 2011 - 1:28 am
Print

I'm booked in 230.  Wed - Sunday

129 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2011 - 8:28 am
Print

Booked site 227 for Wed.-Sunday. Me, DW, DS (will be 22 months old by then).  :camperkid:

129 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2011 - 10:36 am
Print

[quote author=Tonyride link=topic=821.msg8588#msg8588 date=1318422494]
Booked site 227 for Wed.-Sunday. Me, DW, DS (will be 22 months old by then).  :camperkid:
Make that Thursday - Sunday.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 12, 2011 - 2:09 pm
Print

Looks like we have 8 or 9 reservations already, this will be a great time.

October 12, 2011 - 3:08 pm
Print

Still waiting on next years work sched.  🙁  So this may become one of those last minute things... 

420 Posts
(Offline)
October 13, 2011 - 8:19 am
Print

I talked to the wife about this and I have to wait til at least January. She is applying for a VP job in her school district, so if she gets it we can go, if not, she keeps the 2nd job and she can't get the time off.

Best Regards,
Norm

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 13, 2011 - 10:40 am
Print

Norm,
This campground books up for the summer.  If you are able to, I'd suggest booking so you have a site and only have a $9 loss if you need to cancel.  Just a suggestion.

42 Posts
(Offline)
October 18, 2011 - 11:53 am
Print

Just booked our site for the trip. I have updated the first post to reflect the sites that are reserved as well as what is currently not available. As of today all of the sites along the lake have been reserved. Looking forward to meeting everyone in July.

24 Posts
(Offline)
October 18, 2011 - 9:24 pm
Print

So excited about this trip.  I have always wanted to go to Niagara Falls.  We are going for a full week....July 7-15.  Woohoo!  I had such a great time with you guys at Knoebel's.  I know this will be a blast.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2011 - 11:31 pm
Print

So, are any of these sites shady? Hard to tell from pics.  Along the water is always good.  Looks like the restrooms are in the next loop.  Is there a path that cuts thru?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2011 - 7:22 am
Print

The CG and each site is big, they are all mowed grass like a golf course.  There are very large trees through the CG
The site that I was in last time (221) has a lot of shade and is available.  There is a small grass bank 70 ft out the front door so it's very large and roomy.  It is usually much cooler and comfortable here since there is a breeze off the lake.

There is a small loop in middle of this loop where the bathroom is located.  Short walking distance.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2011 - 8:41 pm
Print

The Miller's, 2 Adults, 1 DS, and one friend for DS (both 11y/o) are on site 221 for Friday 7/13 thru Tues 7/17.  And bought Hubby an early Christmas present today at Walmart, Garmin Nuvi 1350 for $129, to get us there. (Although I plan to bring old fashioned map anyway.)

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 10:24 am
Print

Just reserved 219, 7/12-17 with possibility of extending on either side. 2 adults 1 DD. Might be able to get some more families that normally go to Watkins Glen with us to come too. They are all from the Rochester-ish area.

42 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 11:50 am
Print

Welcome thingette1 and company. This rally is starting to fill up nicely. Please do invite some new friends from the Rochester area. Since it's our home town we always like to meet new camping friends.

On a bad note......I found out last evening that the Monroe County Fair will be during this same time period. Since the fairgrounds are within the EMS district I work for, we provide all of the EMS coverage for the fair. What this means is that no full time employees will be given vacation during this week. So I will not be able to attend the rally. I am hoping be able to come and visit for a day or two based on the schedule once it is published. Nikki and the kids will still be going and she will act as the host in my absence.

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 9:36 pm
Print

sladue: That sucks. As a FT EMT, I understand. Hope you get to come for some R&R.

November 17, 2011 - 9:05 am
Print

I'm still waiting for my lovely company to get around to starting the vacation bidding for next year, or at the very least publish our schedule so I can at least decide if we're able to make it for the weekend ...  GRrrrrrr .... 

827 Posts
(Offline)
December 5, 2011 - 6:43 pm
Print

Parents are planning to come too.  Although not sure if they have booked yet or not.  Will let you know which site when they do.

638 Posts
(Offline)
December 18, 2011 - 2:43 pm
Print

Our parents have reserved 217.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 21, 2011 - 7:52 am
Print

FYI - I just received a pet policy email from New York State Park.  Who told them I got a dog?  :2funny:

December 20, 2011

Dear Camper:

We are delighted that you are planning a camping trip to New York State Parks! As you prepare for your stay, we want to let you know that effective August 24, 2011 there is a limit of two pets per site where pets are permitted at campgrounds operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. This policy was adopted to minimize the problems resulting from campers bringing multiple pets into the campgrounds and to create a consistent rule in all of our campgrounds across the state.

We hope that this will not cause you to change your plans and are pleased to honor your reservation. However, if you choose to cancel your reservation, we are offering you the opportunity to do so on or before January 7, 2012 without any cancellation fee by calling 1-800-777-9644, weekdays 9am-5pm, weekends 9am-12pm. After January 7, 2012, any cancellation will be charged normal fees. This opportunity is not available by cancelling online. If you wish to keep your existing reservation, we are happy to honor it and you do not need to do anything further.

We know you are looking forward to your upcoming camping visit and hope that you will have a very memorable stay. Should you have any questions or concerns beyond the specifics of your reservation feel free to contact me at the address listed below.

Sincerely,

Maryann Corbisiero, Director of Camping
New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
Empire State Plaza, Agency Building #1
Albany, NY 12238

December 21, 2011 - 8:25 am
Print

That's a new policy...  there old one didn't limit the number of dogs per site... 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2