Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Fair and Funnel Cake Rally - Sept 2013 - Central PA
452 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2013 - 10:11 am
Print

Phil Please make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Thanks!

Jennifer

637 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2013 - 4:57 pm
Print

Re: potluck breakfast. Everyone please remember to bring a serving utensil for your dish. Also, for yourself bring plate, silverware and beverage cup.

One more day!!  :dance:

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2013 - 5:52 pm
Print

sorry I've been overwhelmed with work, Jen you're doing an awesome job.

Are we doing coffee on a timer at 730 and breakfast at 9a.m.? Site 20

1573 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2013 - 6:35 pm
Print

I will take care of all that, just enjoy the trip.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
452 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2013 - 8:09 pm
Print

who has the bocci ball?

my mom and step dad are coming up for the day saturday

172 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2013 - 6:13 am
Print

I have a set in my camper.

121 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2013 - 11:20 am
Print

We are on our way!  Have a safe trip everyone see u there

Mike & Dawn
Happy Campers 101

452 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2013 - 1:07 pm
Print

On our way!!!!!;D

Jennifer

826 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 10:42 am
Print

Everyone must have kept busy on this trip!!  No one has posted anything on this thread since this rally started!  (LOL)

121 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 3:48 pm
Print

Home from yet another fabulous weekend with everyone.  A special thanks to Jonathan for helping us change my daughters tire, greatly appreciated.  Had a fabulous pot luck breakfast on Sat., thanks for all the yummy food.  We are so happy to be part of this group of wonderful people.  Hope everyone had a safe and uneventful trip home.  See you all in 2 weeks for a what is sure to be another fun  filled weekend. 
Mike, Dawn and Courtney 🙂

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 6:43 pm
Print

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. 
Friday: Nice campfire in the evening and visit to the Bloomsburg Fair for dinner.

Saturday: Amazing potluck breakfast with a day of rides at the Knoebels amusement park.  A few hours of evening showers with a fun campfire that evening.  Everyone started the campfire an hour before the rain even stopped so we could all hang out - very cool.

Sunday: Group coffee gathering and campfire all day.  I cooked a sausage on the fire at 2:30pm before my drive home.  🙂

The weekend included some camping fuel and flares at the fire, some melted TV wires, a flat tire, sore kidney and a hitch that was much higher than the camper.

Thanks Butch and Jenn for running this rally.  Thanks Phil and Barb for helping me.  Thanks Phil and Pete for the coffee and Jon for the sugar, stirrers, etc.  Thanks to the 6 people who brought firewood and everyone for the potluck... the burritos and everything else were great.

Halloween rally in two weeks, Guys rally the next two weeks and Thanksgiving season closer two weeks later.
[hr]
Happy Campers 101, did Courtney get a flat while swerving from a turtle that jumped in front of her?

699 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 7:29 pm
Print

It was good to see the people we meet before and great too to meet the the people new to us. we had a great time at camp and Knoebles. Did not make the fair maybe next year. Did anyone else get the tickets for may? Mini Rally maybe? 

121 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 7:42 pm
Print

Lol Joe...haha. NO!!!!.  Hehehe

Mike & Dawn
Happy Campers 101

401 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 9:14 pm
Print

Yes we got those tickets for may n thanxs again to all those who made the trip. We are some wild and crazy campers, for not even a down pour would keep us from having fun. Although some flammable liquid and road flairs do add a little bit of  nuttyness to starting a campfire in a drizzle.  😀

637 Posts
(Offline)
September 22, 2013 - 9:55 pm
Print

It was nice to be with friends and family and some friends that I would consider family.

A BIG thanks to Mike (Happy Camper 101's DH) for helping me with my wiring problem. Not that my dad wouldn't have had all the necessary items, but they certainly weren't handy. And you fixed it the way it should have been installed in the first place. Thank you so much. (I'm seeing a trend of pay-it-forward...).

Anyone that is not sure about a group rally and tried it out, hope you had fun this weekend. We can be crazy sometimes, but are ready to help each other out anytime. I love camping with this group! Reminds me of camping the the Wandering Dutchmen from Lebanon County when I was a kid. Definitely a group to pick on each other, but help was always there, too.

Thanks to everyone for a nice weekend

382 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2013 - 7:54 am
Print

Another fantastic rally and weekend,  Pete and Phil You guys sure know how to make a breakfast sandwich. everyone else's food was amazing as well. There is never a shortage of food on a CC rally that is a fact! Dawn and Mike Thanks so much for the Waffles I can still smell the chocolate chips, strawberry's and whipped cream ( My kids are going to start to call you the Waffle lady) You really made sunday morning a breeze to pack up because I didn't have to make them breakfast. Butch and Jen Thanks for giving us the tour of your camper and the pointers for my upcomming trailer aquissition.  And thanks to the Mayor who rode every ride at the park with all the kids. Don't tell anybody but I think we all noticed he was having and even better time then they where, and they all had a blast!!! If you haven't made a CC rally yet and you are thinking of Joining us I recommend You just simply do it. Don't delay You will be surrounded by people like yourself that love to camp, share stories and help each other have a fantastic camping experience

452 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2013 - 9:17 am
Print

The girls at work asked how the weekend went. Cause oh my it rained on Saturday. No problem. Rain nor sleet nor snow will keep this group from a campfire.  Little help from a road flare and all is good.
(By the way. The girls think I'm nuts)

Jennifer

121 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2013 - 9:43 am
Print

I hope they know...this is the girl who told me years ago.....oh I don't like camping.

Mike & Dawn
Happy Campers 101

452 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2013 - 1:09 pm
Print

Does anybody have photos from the weekend?

Jennifer

20 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2013 - 5:08 pm
Print

Got home safe and sound with little traffic. Another great outing with the Canvas Campers gang. Looking forward to camping with everyone soon. We are trying to see if we can make the Thanksgiving trip.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2