Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Promised Land Pocono, PA April 12-14, 13
827 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2013 - 7:09 am
Print

We'll make home made mac and cheese.  And bring pickles. And have table and 2 table cloths for potluck.

348 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2013 - 8:34 am
Print

Put us down for pulled pork.

468 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2013 - 5:03 pm
Print

I'll bring Italian sausage, rolls and potato salad. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.  BadSeed, my other half (but not better half) will be arriving Friday. 

468 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2013 - 12:00 pm
Print

BadSeed and I have made a bit of a change with our plans.  We cancelled our reservation, but weather permitting, we will be up to spend Saturday with everyone and bring sausage, rolls and potato salad. 

352 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 6:50 am
Print

I received a call about my camper and it may be done on Thursday the 11th, parts will be delivered on the 10th. Hopefully they will come in on time, if not we will be tenting or sleeping in the car, not sure at this point. I have to dig out my tent if I even still have it. Good thing it will only be me and DD for this one.

Mike

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 8:48 am
Print

SaintPaula: Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it.  Hope to see you at the potluck.

Marc S: Glad you and the family are joining us.

mdbaird76: Let me know if you need anything? (tent, tarp, cot, sleeping bags, etc)  New hybrid to maybe a weekend tenting, that's roughing it.  :rofl:

402 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 11:18 am
Print

Uh joe spell check i am not sure if he needs those items aka tart n cox lol    mike let us now if you need anything

452 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 11:19 am
Print

Hmm... tart and Cox?  This is going to be some kind if rally

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

230 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Print

We're cleaning the camper and starting to pack this weekend, it's too nice not to be outside!  If it weren't for the traffic noise Cora and I would have slept out last night.  The two of us should be up sometime around dinner time on Friday, Kate will arrive Saturday am.  Hope this nice weather sticks around for next weekend

121 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 12:53 pm
Print

We will be bringing a vegetable for potluck.....kinda undecided yet and a dessert.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 5:04 pm
Print

We will bring a green salad and a dessert of some type.

Does anyone have a peanut allergy? Is a dessert with either walnuts or peanuts ok?

BTW - for those of you planning on grocery shopping on the way to the campground. I've been told by our resident Pocono mountain expert, i.e.  Guitarman, that the nearest grocery store is about 25 minutes east of the campground.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 6:01 pm
Print

[quote author=mtn_bikers link=topic=2066.msg22573#msg22573 date=1365368642]
Does anyone have a peanut allergy? Is a dessert with either walnuts or peanuts ok?

If I remember Lone Lock's (Matt) son has a peanut allergy. I am sure if you just put up a small sign with the desert name and a note under it that says "contains nuts", it will all be good.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
230 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 7:48 pm
Print

The camper is ready, now to round up some fishing gear for Cora.  I've become a hoarder of fishing equipment over the years- I came across some stuff in the garage that my grandfather gave me when I was my daughters age, guess it's time to pass it on to her now.  Last year when I took her out to scotts run @ french creek she managed to catch a nice largemouth while all on her own while I was getting my rod rigged up.  She reeled it in all on her own unhooked it and released it all before I could get the camera out and get a picture.  We'll see how we do Saturday morning.

827 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 8:13 pm
Print

My hubby got me a Buddy Heater! Yeah!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 8:35 pm
Print

[quote author=thingette 1s sister link=topic=2066.msg22579#msg22579 date=1365380027]
My hubby got me a Buddy Heater! Yeah!

Shouldn't your husband be the buddy heater....  :hah:

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
20 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 8:51 pm
Print

Well it was a beautiful day to get the camper out of hibernation and get it ready for this years camping season. All is in good order so well be attending this rally. We'll be on site 167. Two adults, my DD and a friend and 1 K9.
I'm sure my wife will make something for the potluck.
We'll be arriving Friday afternoon. Looking forward to meeting the gang.

165 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 8:57 pm
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=2066.msg22581#msg22581 date=1365381350]
Shouldn't your husband be the buddy heater....  :hah:

My husband is my buddy heater.  :chef:

827 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 7:24 am
Print

He gets cold sometimes too.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 8:04 am
Print

Cross your fingers, the rain originally scheduled for Fri-Sun looks like it will be Thur-Fri.  Cooler temperatures but hopefully dry.

382 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 10:08 am
Print

We will have an extra table for the gathering site Pot luck etc. if you need one. Do we need anything else that i can toss in TV for this rally? Will just be my son and I for this trip. My daughter didn't realize its her birthday week and is having a large all girls slumber party  😀 at our place (don't tell her i said this but" wow did my son and I dodge a bullet on this one) good luck to the wifey, has to deal with 15 screaming 13 year old girls sleeping over. All we will have to deal with is a little rain and a little cold.
**Almost wasn't able to make this trip all together, dealership had my TV for 5 days this past week. Replaced the transmission cooler lines, brought it home on Fri night and woke up Saturday to a fresh puddle of tranny fluid on my driveway. Made them come and get it on Saturday with a tow truck and re-fix it  they didn't even wanna work on it on Saturday because the shop manager was off, but a little persuasion of bagels and Coffey for the mechanics and 5 hours later she is running better then new.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2