Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Blackwater Falls State Park Rally Davis, WV June 26th to June 30th. 2014
357 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2014 - 6:46 pm
Print

Thanks for putting the rally together for us!

131 Posts
(Offline)
March 2, 2014 - 6:43 am
Print

Thank you all,

Now,....................... will the snow be gone by the end of June? I am starting to have my doubts.

701 Posts
(Offline)
March 2, 2014 - 8:38 am
Print

It goes without saying Thank You to all who were involved in planning, scheduling and registering this great rally. Looking forward to the fun in the sun. Any thought to planning some of the attractions to get group rates and group fun?

666 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2014 - 2:40 pm
Print

CB,
I'd be open to any ideas. As it stands Friday would be the only good day to arrange a group activity away from the CG.
Sat would be reserved for group activities at the CG.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
March 6, 2014 - 11:11 pm
Print

There are many other sites that are first come, first serve during our stay so we can move around but here are the sites we have reserved for our group.  They were chosen based on camper size.

[img width=505 height=640]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=3027[/img]

131 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 8:39 am
Print

I assume they know what they're doing since they do it all the time when it comes to assigning sites. I was curious when filling out that app when it asks camper size. I am used to being able to find lengths of sites such as in the PA parks on the websites but apparently not in WV.

On those first come/first serve sites, if we show up we can just move to one of those if they're unoccupied Joe?  Those sites that are first come / first serve, 21 to 30 look like the really primo sites in the whole campground, at least on bing maps. I am not 100% sure I can get in to #4 looking at it on google and bing, unless they do not get in a tizzy about the TV being off the pad. Not sure if I'm the longest of the group, with TV I have another couple of feet on Stormtrooper. I measured the whole rig last year, I think it was 51' when connected  ;D

If you look at that loop, the entire park really, on bing maps in birdseye, it will really make the cabin or spring fever act up. I might take a drive down there one Sunday afternoon just to scope out the area.

Thanks again everyone who made this happen.

11 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 10:38 am
Print

ALL,
  For those who need a long/pull through, I am not opposed to trading. I can back/shove into any of the listed sites

131 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 10:57 am
Print

[quote author=joet link=topic=2612.msg27991#msg27991 date=1394206708]
ALL,
  For those who need a long/pull through, I am not opposed to trading. I can back/shove into any of the listed sites

I take it you have been there before Joe T, I was there around 20 years ago or longer, at least I think that was Blackwater Falls back then. How are the rangers? I am going to drive down there sometime soon, its only around 95 miles.

Its not a backing up thing as it is a fitting in thing. You ought to see how I back into my driveway. I have been to some ACOE campgrounds where if your camper and TV did not fit 100% on their gravel they make you move, and don't park on the grass. Dont let your front end stick out on road an inch. They made a huge deal out of that. I thought I was getting a ticket.

Stormtrooper is going to be there that whole week so its no big deal. I was eyeing up those 100% wooded, 1st come first serve sites on bing (21 to 30). They look awesome. I very well could head down there even earlier that week, go back home Thursday and get the wife.

11 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 11:25 am
Print

We have been there several times, I like BWF better than CVSP. If you drive down, wait until the GC is open for the season, as gates will be closed till season opener. I was also eying the same sites as you. The GC will be full that weekend  and several to come.  They will let someone rent a site without occupying  it. Folks will come in mid week and pay for the site for several days just so they will have one come weekend. I see this happening at all the SP's.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 4:07 pm
Print

This loop has 30 sites, all with electric.  20 of them are reservable and 10 are first come, first serve. 
You took the last 13 of the 20 and I have been told that when we arrive, we can change sites if others are available.

Storm Trooper and I can try to call the campground and find out camper sizes for the sites and maybe make changes within our group prior to the trip.  I know thingette and thingettes sister are on other sides of the loop AND BigDawgGang and Bayne are also on other sides of the loop.

131 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 5:19 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=2612.msg27995#msg27995 date=1394226425]
Storm Trooper and I can try to call the campground and find out camper sizes for the sites and maybe make changes within our group prior to the trip.  I know thingette and thingettes sister are on other sides of the loop AND BigDawgGang and Bayne are also on other sides of the loop.

Please, no need for that on my account. You guys have worked hard enough on this already. I think Its all good and I am flexible if someone wants to move /swap to be beside someone else. Since Storm Trooper will be down there on the 21st, he'll know for sure if I fit or not. I am going to try and take a trip there, if anything to scope out the area so I do not have to waste time in June finding things. I may even end up down there before Thursday the 26th...who knows.

Lou, too bad you won't get there until late the 21st. On the Cass Railroad page they are advertising an evening dinner train. They even have live music...get this............The band is "The cast iron skillet lickers"  :lmao:

Based on this. (we'll see how accurate the google ruler is)
[img width=640 height=457]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/jk710/FORUM/BFSP_zpsace903ed.png[/img]

This should fit. Even more so if the tail can be shot out over the curbstop.
[img width=640 height=360]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e258/jk710/2013%20PASSPORT%20235E/IMG_20130414_081135_899_zpsa193219b.jpg[/img]

827 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 6:23 pm
Print

More important that Barb (thingette) is in shade if poss than that we be side by side.

701 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2014 - 8:51 pm
Print

I do not need a loop. So put someone that could use it there. We will be there later in the day. Gary

666 Posts
(Offline)
March 8, 2014 - 8:48 am
Print

John,
I think those sites are going to be tight for those of us with larger HTT's.
The back end of my site is the entrance to another.
However, if you wanted to swap, I would have no problem with that.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
March 8, 2014 - 3:53 pm
Print

I'm leaving everything alone at this point.

One thing to consider with swooping sites is the days you will be traveling, others might be in the sites before and after your trip.

450 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2014 - 10:51 am
Print

THanks for all the work everyone.  Looking forward to the trip.

131 Posts
(Offline)
March 24, 2014 - 10:27 am
Print

Could someone please alter our # attending. The Son and DIL have decided that this is going to be too soon after Granddaughter Geezer shows up. 2 Adults and 1 K9..............Thanks

Hey its March 24th, it was 13 this morning.??????????????????????????????????

666 Posts
(Offline)
March 24, 2014 - 11:30 am
Print

OG, you've been altered. ;D ;D ;D
It was 17 here this morning.  The migratory birds are mighty unhappy and have been hammering DW's feeders in the back yard.

666 Posts
(Offline)
April 25, 2014 - 6:44 pm
Print

2 months until WV. 😉

182 Posts
(Offline)
April 26, 2014 - 10:29 am
Print

let me know if need any help for the rally . i will be arriving tuesday. im only about 1 and half hours away.  :guitar:

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2