Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Delaware Seashore Rally Sept 09-11th
470 Posts
(Offline)
August 5, 2016 - 4:21 pm
Print

Change of plans (again again!) We will not be at this outing :(.  Too much going on, our daughter has settlement that Friday  😀 and we have family that will now be in town from Erie. 🙂

Have a great time everyone! Ride Fast!!!

RnR
:chef: :smore: :reader: :dog:

2545 Posts
(Offline)
August 11, 2016 - 12:07 pm
Print

There is ONE electric campsite/full hookup campsite left.  322.  There are non-electric sites left but only ONE electric site left. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
August 17, 2016 - 8:43 am
Print

We are 4 weeks away!!!  JoeCamper and I just did a 20 mile ride last night.....we are in high gear  ;D to get ready for this trip.  Both in training for the bike ride and for the camping part of it. 

It looks like someone snagged the last electric site in the campground.  There are still tent sites available if you want.  Mike, mdbaird, is bringing a propane heater like you would find in a restaurant so if it is chilly we can sit around it and stay warm since there are no fires allowed :'( 

We're thinking about food.  :chef:  This trip is a little tricky because 10 out of 30 of us are doing the bike ride and when we get done we will be starving and just want to eat.  And we will be finishing at different times due to different skill levels and different distances we are choosing to do.  Mike and some of his friends who will be there will be doing 75 miles.  Joe wants to do 75 with them but I think he may be at 50 with my sister, Cindy, and myself.  My niece, Mike's wife, Mike's daughter & son will be doing 25 miles.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

352 Posts
(Offline)
August 18, 2016 - 6:51 pm
Print

I was able to book site 456 for my parents.

Another thing we have to plan for is getting to the start line. It looks like we have 4-5 going to 75 mile, 4-5 going to 50 mile, and 4 going to 25 mile starts.

My truck holds two bikes in the bed and a three bike rack in the hitch (I may also buy other in bed racks). With the staggered starts we may be able to use my truck as the team vehicle and transport everyone to the start locations if someone wants to drive it. It seats 6, so it should work.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
August 23, 2016 - 8:50 am
Print

[move][size=24pt]We got our ride numbers!!![/size][/move]

We are starting to see what we have been working towards.  Agreeing to do the ride.  Getting the equipment. Fundraising, hosting the Beef-n-Beer.  Training.  Organizing the campground.  And lots of other things.

Last night there was a Happy Hour held in DE that Mike, Scott & his wife, Joe, Cindy & Tristan, and I went to at the Stone Balloon.  I had a great crab cake sandwich and Tristan was our AWESOME driver. 

[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/9918da1a-a060-48a1-8f9b-2cea4e2a2b50_zpskqx8bvjo.jpg[/img]

230 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2016 - 6:03 pm
Print

Popped the pup up today to see what needs replenishing for next weekend.  We haven't been out as much as I would like this year so we're looking forward to catching up with everybody and cheering the riders on. 

Let me know if we can help with anything.  Cora and I will be down Friday early evening and Kate will make the drive Saturday morning.

271 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2016 - 9:06 am
Print

We will be up late Friday night.  Patrick said something about bringing all the fixings for tacos if we are doing a potluck.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

352 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2016 - 11:54 am
Print

We are looking to a pot luck, but because of the ride and we will be hungry afterwards, we are looking to do it at 3:30-4:00pm.

Scott will be doing meatball sandwiches (meatballs, rolls, sauce)
We (mdbaird76) will bring potato salad
Brad will bring ?
Sonya will bring ?
Ladyhawke will bring Taco's 

I will update the main page as such

2545 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2016 - 8:29 am
Print

I don't know what I'll bring.  Lots of running around this week, Lori's Grandma passed away so there is the wake and funeral I need to work around.  I am good to go for the ride but I don't know if Lori and Nathan will be there or if they need a weekend at home.  We were in Altoona this past weekend and going up again in the middle of the week.....Lori doesn't like to be away from home too much so I'll give her a pass on cheering me on across the finish line.  I may be mooching food this weekend  :chef:

352 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2016 - 9:19 am
Print

Sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We will get by with whatever is brought and shared.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2