Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Raystown Summer Rally 2016 Lake Raystown, PA
550 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2016 - 1:02 pm
Print

Jen - I wasn't thinking about a theme, unless you have an idea? maybe bbq? ie burger, dogs, chicken and some sides? nice and easy?

I wanted to throw it out there for the group about which dinner we'd like to make the potluck...I'd heard that the Mayor, i.e. Joey B, may be leaving Sat and thought about doing the Potluck Friday instead.  I was also thinking a ice cream social for Saturday.

How does everyone feel about changing the traditional potluck from Sat to Fri? Looks like almost everyone will be before Friday, except for Saint Paula - - Paula, what time are you planning on arriving?

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2016 - 1:22 pm
Print

I'm game for a Friday Pot Luck.  The Proud Mary has a Prime Rib dinner cruise on Saturday that if Lori comes I wanted to go on. 

Nathan really wants to go to the water pak HERE .  Are Tommy and Joey not interested or just not on Friday?

2HappyCampers....Don't get too excited.  I had no counter space except for inches around the sink and the wood board over the sink to start with.  I only added a flip up board over the couch that is 19" x 22".  I will post pictures soon,  I took it apart to put some polyurethane on it. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

443 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2016 - 1:52 pm
Print

There are a few geocaches in the resort if you are interested.

705 Posts
(Offline)
June 12, 2016 - 11:08 am
Print

BF and I will be staying with LoneLock, so 3A, 1C on his site.

What kind of toys is everyone bringing? Bikes, kayaks, etc?

452 Posts
(Offline)
June 12, 2016 - 1:32 pm
Print

We are bringing our kayaks. Group outing?
My boys will have their bikes. I wad looking to maybe geocache

699 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 6:58 am
Print

bikes and kayaks here.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 8:55 am
Print

I don't own a kayak  🙁 

Nathan will have his scooter.  I don't know if it is a good idea for me to teach him how to ride a 2wheeler without DW around to kiss his boo boo's

There has been some talk of renting a pontoon boat.  Nathan and I would like to get in on that if possible.  I see it costs $410 for the day. Is there a limit to the number of people? Does anyone know what comes with the boat?  Grill, potty, life jackets, shade roof thingy?  I can bring my thetford porta potty so we're not pee'ing over the side of the boat......Nathan would have a blast doing that  ;D  I'm sure enough of us have portable grills we can grill some hot dogs for lunch, or are we bringing a cooler for sandwiches, etc?

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

452 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 10:10 am
Print

We will be bringing cucumber salad to potluck. There is a farmers market on Thursday.  I am hoping we can get there[emoji6]

550 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 1:15 pm
Print

So let's talks POTLUCK !  Potluck dinner will be Friday so that the Mayor can join us before he heads out to Ashley's graduation party.

I see Jen & Butch are doing a cucumber salad. Joe, mom and I will bring hot dogs and rolls and maybe a jello salad. 

I'd also like to talk about an ice cream social for Saturday. We will bring some toppings and 3 containers of ice cream (none with nut products).  If you are interested in participating, we could use: plastic spoons,  paper bowels, ice cream cones, whipped cream, or even another container of ice cream. Just post up if you're interested and what you'd like to bring with you.

550 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 1:19 pm
Print

Toys for the rally... we're bringing 2 kayaks and the mountain bikes.  The riding up by Seven Points campground (northern end of the lake) are fantastic.  We've been riding there for over 8 years, and were just there in May for the DirtFest Mountain Bike Festival.  If anyone is interested in more information on the trails, send me a pm and I'll provide more info.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 3:16 pm
Print

Pot Luck- I'll bring some Chicken and Noodles with Alfredo sauce.

Ice Cream Social- Thanks for the no peanuts.  I'll bring some plastic spoons.

Bikes-I'm debating about bringing my own bike.  Nathan isn't on a 2 wheeler yet but I could bring his 1/2 bike for cruising around the campground....IDK. 

452 Posts
(Offline)
June 13, 2016 - 9:49 pm
Print

My mom and step dad will be bringing macaroni salad and a dessert for pot luck

550 Posts
(Offline)
June 15, 2016 - 6:51 am
Print

Matt - is it only peanuts that Nathan is allergic to? or all types of nuts? Just want to verify so I don't bring something that could hurt him for either the pot luck or the ice cream social.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 15, 2016 - 9:08 am
Print

It is only Peanuts.  Thank you for asking. 

He is fine to be around them, the reaction is not triggered by peanuts being airborne.  There are some people who are so severely allergic to peanuts that airborne peanuts are real bad.  Nathan just can't touch them or ingest them.  Lori and I do eat peanut items at work....we still love our peanut stuff.  We just brush our teeth and wash real good before we leave work. 

An odd Peanut allergy fact is Peanut Oil is fine.  It is so cheap it does not have the true Peanut allergy item refined in the oil.  Most all of the fast food restaurants deep fry their fries in Peanut Oil and it is fine. 

Nathan has his annual allergy appointment on that Monday so I'll be full of information.  This is what they call the "prick" test.  They put a dozen dots on his arm and prick him with various allergy items.  Dog, cats, mold, peanuts, tree nuts, latex, pollen, etc.  If his skin gets a raised bump from the prick then he is considered to be allergic.  I have seen the raised bump from the peanuts and it is huge (like an eraser) compared to just a little prick of the needle dot.  A mild allergic reaction is something the size of a small pimple.  After they know what to look for they take a blood sample and test it in a lab to rate the percentages. 

[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/peanut_zps16onymki.jpg[/img]

2545 Posts
(Offline)
June 17, 2016 - 9:13 am
Print

Today is my son's last day of school  :baseballhat:  It is my last day of work  :dance:  Lori said it looks good for her to Work remotely next Friday  :cheerleader: (at her Aunts house 45min away from Raystown.  She is driving 3 1/2 hours to her Aunts on Thursday night, working, then driving to campground) so she will be joining us next weekend.  The last thing I want to do to my TT before the trip is put a toilet paper holder in the bathroom.  After that it is time to start packing. 

705 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2016 - 10:36 pm
Print

I just want to make sure, is a launch permit required for kayaks at Raystown lake?

467 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2016 - 11:01 pm
Print

We'll bring a dozen beef burgers and 1/2 dozen turkey burgers plus rolls and a pound of american cheese.  Well also bring bowls for the ice cream sundaes. 

We may need help storing the burgers until Friday if anyone has room in their fridge/freezer, please let us know.

Do we need ketchup & mustard?

637 Posts
(Offline)
June 21, 2016 - 9:20 am
Print

Cindy: no annual launch permit required anymore per ACOE website here: http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/.....wn/Passes/

Annual Launch Passes (Commonly referred to as an annual boat launch pass):
Effective July, 2011, boat launch fee payments and permits are no longer required at Raystown Lake!  As such, there is no fee to launch a boat at any Corps of Engineers managed boat launch at Raystown Lake.
Boaters should note that launch fees may apply at other Corps of Engineers lakes and projects, and privately managed facilities (i.e. marinas) at Raystown Lake.

464 Posts
(Offline)
June 21, 2016 - 4:22 pm
Print

We will be arriving on Friday.  We will be bringing potato salad, baked beans and salty snacks. 

72 Posts
(Offline)
June 22, 2016 - 4:40 pm
Print

Will bring a watermelon and some cantaloupe and a dessert for potluck.  Will get whipped cream and a package of cones for ice cream.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2