Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - Season Opener Group Rally, March 2018
382 Posts
(Offline)
October 6, 2017 - 9:10 am
Print

based on everyone's advice about site 8 we have moved to site # 9 , so site number 8 with sewer and water is currently available.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 30, 2017 - 11:32 pm
Print

After getting through the holidays, we will be looking forward to the camping season to start again.

For the last few years, I've run a panko crusted cod and crab cake seafood dinner for 400 people.  It falls on this same weekend so I will not be at the campground Friday evening but my family will be there with their smiles and warm clothes.

I will need help with firewood, campfire, setting up the gathering site, etc.  Thanks in advance!

701 Posts
(Offline)
December 1, 2017 - 11:09 am
Print

i would like 2 tickets please.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 4, 2017 - 8:34 am
Print

We are in site 03 - I have site 14 (electric) booked but available if someone wants it, send me a message.

36 Posts
(Offline)
December 7, 2017 - 8:50 pm
Print

Hello all, We never camped with you guys before but you fed me and 4 of my buddies at Pickerel point in 2015 when we were on a motorcycle camping weekend during your rally. I've been following this forum for a few years now and this is the first trip I booked. We no longer have a pop up, we have a small TT. The wife and I are looking forward to the weekend and can't wait for winter to end. See you all in March. We booked sight 45

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 7, 2017 - 10:04 pm
Print

Joe, we look forward to seeing you again.  I know we cooked a heck of a potluck meal at the Promised Land Rally (low country boil)  but wait until you see the campfire at the spring opener.  :dance:

36 Posts
(Offline)
December 8, 2017 - 9:23 am
Print

Thanks Joe, we are looking forward to it. It will be the wife and I. Do you all think it will to cold for kayaking?

36 Posts
(Offline)
December 10, 2017 - 2:58 pm
Print

Changed to sight 39. I was in Lancaster today so we stopped by french creek to check out the campground and we liked 39 better, it backs up to woods instead of other campsites. Who ever noted that site 8 is not level, thanks for that info, it's REALLY not level. Also, has anyone ever utilized the shooting range in the game lands?

706 Posts
(Offline)
December 13, 2017 - 12:23 pm
Print

Glad to hear you moved to a better site!

I've used the shooting range, it can be pretty busy sometimes, or there can be idiots up there.  There's no range master to control things so usually the most experienced person does it. For me it's not worth the crapshoot of driving 50 minutes to find out it's really crowded.  If you already have a range or hunting permit and are near by it's worth a drive up there (and if you do lmk I'll be your one guest!). 

36 Posts
(Offline)
December 20, 2017 - 8:08 pm
Print

MariskaHargitay said
Glad to hear you moved to a better site!
I've used the shooting range, it can be pretty busy sometimes, or there can be idiots up there.  There's no range master to control things so usually the most experienced person does it. For me it's not worth the crapshoot of driving 50 minutes to find out it's really crowded.  If you already have a range or hunting permit and are near by it's worth a drive up there (and if you do lmk I'll be your one guest!).   

Thanks for the info. I dont think i'll be shooting on this trip, so much stuff to do in only 2 days. I may drive over and check it out. I'm only an hour from the park so this range isn't bad for a day trip. 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
December 27, 2017 - 6:03 pm
Print

Christmas craziness is done, time to dream about this camping trip.cool

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2018 - 11:25 am
Print

Every time I clear the snow in my driveway I am mindful to not put it in front of my camper where I am very tempted to put it.  I don't want to be blocked in in March!!!  that would suck to have to shovel out 3 months of however many storms piled high in front of my trailer hitch tickedoff_gif

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

84 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2018 - 2:12 pm
Print

Are there any electric sites still available for March

638 Posts
(Offline)
January 9, 2018 - 6:38 pm
Print

here2stay, you will have to look on reserveamerica.com. 

1573 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2018 - 7:07 pm
Print

Peter and I want to throw down the Potluck Gauntlet to start the 2018 CanvasCampers season..... basically time to amp them up....

We will be hosting a Fajita bar - Create/roll your own Fajita's with chicken, beef, shrimp, peppers, onions, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese, etc...... and the decorations to make you feel you are in Mexico.

Firing off round one! icon_rock_gif

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2018 - 11:36 am
Print

Looks like we'll be packing the Margarita Blender.

470 Posts
(Offline)
January 29, 2018 - 4:14 pm
Print

Unfortunately, we will not be able to visit on Saturday for this trip.  

Have fun!!! (and save me a margarita for April!)

RnRnRnCB

chef_gifsmore_gifreader_gifdog_gifdog_gif

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
February 12, 2018 - 8:30 pm
Print

2018 MENTORED YOUTH TROUT FISHING DAY

March 24 - 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

SCOTTS RUN LAKE, FRENCH CREEK STATE PARK

Take part in the Commission’s Mentored Youth Trout Days. Youth under the age of 16 can join a mentor (adult) angler who has a current fishing license and trout permit to fish on Saturday, March 24 on Stocked Trout Waters within the 18 southeastern regional counties for regional trout season

Please note:

ADULT ANGLERS

To participate in the Mentored Youth Fishing Day, anglers 16 years of age or older (adult anglers) must possess a valid Pennsylvania Fishing License and be accompanied by a youth (less than 16 years of age) who has obtained a Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or Voluntary Youth Fishing License from the Commission. While mentors will be permitted to fish for trout, they are not permitted to harvest trout and must release them unharmed.

YOUTH ANGLERS

Youth anglers must obtain a Mentored Youth Fishing Permit or Voluntary Youth Fishing License from the Commission and be accompanied by an adult licensed angler in order to participate. Youth may harvest up to two trout (combined species) with a minimum size of 7 inches.

162 Posts
(Offline)
February 19, 2018 - 9:21 pm
Print

Is # 14 still available????

638 Posts
(Offline)
February 20, 2018 - 1:34 pm
Print

Yak, you will have to look on reserveamerica.com to find out.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2