Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Knoebels Fair and Funnel Cake Rally - Sept 2018
452 Posts
(Offline)
September 16, 2018 - 12:05 pm
Print

Crockpot french toast .  1 week away. Cannot wait. Excited to see everyone. 

470 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 8:20 am
Print

I don't see my food post, so I'll post again:  We'll bring Sausage Links and Bacon

Also...

We've never been to Knoebles or the Bloomsburg Fair before, so I've been checking it out on line.  I see that Fair tickets at the gate are $8, in advance (online) $7 and there is an option to purchase 8 for $48 (taking the price down to $6/person).  

If any one is interested in going in on the group tickets, please text me (if you know my #) or reply here.  I think it can only be done in batches of 8, but I'm going to call the campground and confirm that.

RnR

1573 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 10:39 am
Print

Pete and I and the grand kids are out. I had a sideswipe accident with the trailer on Sunday. We are going to find out how good Progressive RV Insurance is.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
382 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 11:42 am
Print

Pete and Phil wishing your camper a speedy recovery!

2 happy campers if i remember correctly from the past few years if your going to the fair Friday opening night the admission is only like 4.00 to 5.00 per person .l we usually do the fair Friday night for dinner there is so much food there you wont even know where to begin. Point is usually opening night there is a discount admission but maybe someone else can verify if that's the same as in the past for this year .

470 Posts
(Offline)
September 17, 2018 - 4:04 pm
Print

vik-king said
....... 2 happy campers if i remember correctly from the past few years if your going to the fair Friday opening night the admission is only like 4.00 to 5.00 per person .l we usually do the fair Friday night for dinner there is so much food there you wont even know where to begin. Point is usually opening night there is a discount admission but maybe someone else can verify if that's the same as in the past for this year .  

Thanks Vik-king, I did see that on their webpage http://www.bloomsburgfair.com/.....formation/

Thank you also for the tip about all the food too. That's a good idea for Fri dinner. 

Here's some info on Friday admission: it is considered pre-fair and admission is only $3/person, with free parking.  children12 & under are free all days. Gates open at 2pm on Friday.

Parking is $5 from Sat on. Did I hear/ read someone say there's a free shuttle from Knoebles? 

RnR

91 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2018 - 5:44 pm
Print

We will bring a crockpot egg casserole.

There also may be one additional adult with us 

470 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2018 - 6:50 pm
Print

Checking again if anyone wants to go in on discounted fair admission tix ($6 vs $7 or $8), let us know. 

RNR

470 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2018 - 9:26 am
Print

I think Phil & Pete were the ones that usually set up a coffee station, is someone else able to cover that? I'll bring a big bag of coffee in case. (And don't worry Mayor Joe, I'll share cheers_gif)

706 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2018 - 11:54 am
Print

Does anyone keep a wire stripper in their camper (or TV) that I can borrow? I need to replace the blue on the camper. 

701 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2018 - 11:58 am
Print

I use a knife.

91 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2018 - 1:56 pm
Print

Just an FYI- there is a fire on 61 in Fracksville. The fire truck is blocking the road. Small cars get get by, but all bug trucks and campers are being stopped.

467 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2019 - 7:16 pm
Print

when can we start booking this for 2019

638 Posts
(Offline)
February 3, 2019 - 12:01 pm
Print

saintpaula said
when can we start booking this for 2019

I believe this rally will be on October 11-13, 2019.  The header for the Rally is correct. The forum discussion is from 2018. 

Just to mix it up a little this year:

We will be in the Canadian section of the campground that is at the park. NOT at Lake Glory. The map can be found here: https://az777104.vo.msecnd.net.....%20WEB.pdf

Please wait to book until Joe tells us too. I'm sure we will be all together on one street in the Canadian Section, Knoebels is pretty good with Groups.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2