Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - March 2019
2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2019 - 9:02 am
Print

Looks like the Pot Luck will be Ethnic Foods.  What's everyone going to bring?  I have updated the list at the start of the thread.  

We will also be needing Tables and EZ-ups.  I think the formula we have used in the past is 1 table and 1 EZ-up for every 3 families.  

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2019 - 11:48 am
Print

I will provide the shared coffee and set it up on the group site with timer so the early risers can have their coffee. Will bring 4 foot table for it and a canopy for it.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
452 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2019 - 11:50 am
Print

We will bring Hawaiian meatballs in the crockpot

467 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2019 - 10:24 pm
Print

We'll be coming up for game time and dinner. We'll bring German Chocolate Cake cupcakes. 

RnR

382 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2019 - 9:57 am
Print

we will be bringing Italian meatballs and a desert 

637 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2019 - 1:45 pm
Print

Re: potluck: whatever we pick up at the store on Saturday. We will be in a cabin and are going to keep it simple for food.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2019 - 9:26 am
Print

1 week to go!!!

Sunny and mid to high 50's is what is in the forecast currently!!

We may not need the EZ up's but we're still going to need 6 tables for 17 families....who's bringing one for the pot luck food?

FIREWOOD / GATHERING SITE 15

As usually we will get 1 cord of firewood to be delivered on Friday.  We will take up a collection of $20 each family to cover the cost of the firewood and the gathering site.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

28 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2019 - 10:17 pm
Print

Anyone know of anyone canceling an electric site? Didn’t grab a site in time. Any suggestions of something else that’s open for fun? 😉

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

41 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2019 - 6:29 pm
Print

We'll bring some gumbo in a crockpot, and a table. 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2019 - 4:37 am
Print

Nater, I don't know how well you or your camper is set up but I would camp in a non-electric site.  Good sleeping bags will keep you warm and maybe a Mr. Buddy Heater for some added warmth.  Often I camp without electric and rely on my trailers battery for lights and run my fridge on propane.  I even use my furnace sparingly.  

705 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2019 - 4:01 pm
Print

Just checked the chart but I haven't had time to read the comments.  It looks like tortilla chips and guac would be a good compliment to some of the foods already being brought.  I'll do that.

72 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2019 - 7:35 pm
Print

We'll bring a carrot casserole and a dessert!!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2019 - 9:59 pm
Print

Chef Pete and Phil will be doing "roasted chicken thighs" with a mystery sauce on the side.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
28 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2019 - 9:24 am
Print

Lone Lock said
Nater, I don't know how well you or your camper is set up but I would camp in a non-electric site.  Good sleeping bags will keep you warm and maybe a Mr. Buddy Heater for some added warmth.  Often I camp without electric and rely on my trailers battery for lights and run my fridge on propane.  I even use my furnace sparingly.  

I haven’t tracked down what’s going on with my electrical system. Last fall I camped  without  electric and it was dead in the morning  when we were hardly using anything.  I pulled the fuse on an  accessory I added  but haven’t confirmed if that was it or if the battery is going or what. 

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2019 - 10:25 am
Print

Nater, what better way to trouble shoot your electrical problem then to chat with 25 different campers with 25 different skillsets with 25 different ideas 🙂 

I bought a brand new camper last year and my brand new battery is already shot.  I can't last 1 day on battery when my last camper could go 3 days.  I haven't decided what to do, my warranty is up in June but I don't want one of their Group 24 crappy batteries, I want to install 2 group 27 awesome batteries wired parallel for longer amp hours and wire up a plug for my cpap machine.  Also I want to add a solar panel.  But I void my warranty if I mess with stuff so I hafta wait.  

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 20, 2019 - 11:48 am
Print

Lone Lock said

I bought a brand new camper last year and my brand new battery is already shot.  I can't last 1 day on battery when my last camper could go 3 days.  I haven't decided what to do, my warranty is up in June but I don't want one of their Group 24 crappy batteries, I want to install 2 group 27 awesome batteries wired parallel for longer amp hours and wire up a plug for my cpap machine.  Also I want to add a solar panel.  But I void my warranty if I mess with stuff so I hafta wait.  

Better is 2 x 6 volt golf cart batteries wired in Series. Golf cart batteries are made to be discharged down to 0 with no damage, where normal 12v DC batteries will be damaged when drained past 50%. 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2019 - 9:04 am
Print

I've been thinking about golf cart batteries as well.  I follow some people on YouTube, The OffGrid Skoolie, and he relies on batteries and solar almost 100%.  He put some $1,000 each batteries in his bus.  10 of them I think.  I was like OMG.  I need to balance out cost and how I camp.  I dry camp probably 3 times a year and I need a battery for my CPAP and want to wire a dedicated plug for the CPAP machine.  Lately I just carry in my extra deep cycle battery that is now 10 years old and still powers my machine for 4 solid nights.  

699 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2019 - 12:15 pm
Print

We sell Deka deep cycle batteries for our electric pallet jacks and such its what i had in my last camper. 2 in series.  

2 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2019 - 1:36 pm
Print

Hi!  Marianne Ferrara (BucksCamperette) and Mark Kempisty (BuxCamper) will be on Site C45 bringing White Turkey Chili to the potluck.

BTW, I gave up trying to get my old login, BuxCamperette to work, so created this new one.

On Saturday, from 10-2 we will be at Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, right inside French Creek St. Pk. for training as a volunteer.  We volunteer there monthly as part of the Valley Forge Black Pots group.  Our group is a member of the International Dutch Oven Society so we are cooking in cast iron, usually dutch ovens, but other equipment too. 

Anyone interested in Dutch Oven cooking can stop by and cook with us when we start our Monthly Dutch Oven Gatherings in April.  

http://www.valleyforgeblackpots.com/

or facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Valle.....BlackPots/

See you this weekend!

699 Posts
(Offline)
March 21, 2019 - 4:29 pm
Print

We will be making crock pot apple dump cake.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2