Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Wolf Preserve Rally Stuff
468 Posts
(Offline)
March 28, 2019 - 1:28 pm
Print

Any update on signing up for the Wolf Preserve Rally?

172 Posts
(Offline)
March 31, 2019 - 4:57 pm
Print

Cost is $44 per night. Maximum of 4 adults per sight or maximum of six.  2 A 4 k.

No credit cards are accepted. Call make your reservation and mail a check or money order for 1 night.

Site 61 - 73 available.   (71 booked by others)

We booked site 67.

64,65,66  are very small.   pop up or tent ok

Reservation 908-496-4333

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2019 - 10:54 am
Print

We just booked site #68.

For those that are coming to the event, and don't feel like cooking on Friday night.  There is a really nice local winery 3.5 miles away.  Brook Hollow Winery, that has music and $5 meal deal on Friday night. https://www.brookhollowwinery......vents.html

We are also thinking about either a rails-to-trails bike ride for all abilities on Saturday (self guided), or a guided (no one dropped) road ride for those in the group that are training for the MS City to Shore in September.  If you are interested in either of these options, please let me know.

701 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2019 - 3:02 pm
Print

Check? Money order? Does this place have running water and electricity? 

172 Posts
(Offline)
April 1, 2019 - 6:14 pm
Print

All sites in the loop are water and electric.  

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2019 - 11:20 am
Print

Gary - when you make the reservation they ask you to send a check for the first night ($44), you get your confirmation when they receive the deposit.

701 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2019 - 12:30 pm
Print

I was making fun of the Check/money order part. I haven't used a money order in 20 years and write 1  check a  month.

470 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2019 - 2:10 pm
Print

mtn_bikers said
We just booked site #68.

For those that are coming to the event, and don't feel like cooking on Friday night.  There is a really nice local winery 3.5 miles away.  Brook Hollow Winery, that has music and $5 meal deal on Friday night. https://www.brookhollowwinery......vents.html

We are also thinking about either a rails-to-trails bike ride for all abilities on Saturday (self guided), or a guided (no one dropped) road ride for those in the group that are training for the MS City to Shore in September.  If you are interested in either of these options, please let me know.

We like your ideas!!  For the ride, I like the rails-to-trails one, but what are the details on the road ride? Distance, terrain, etc.  Thanks

RnR

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2019 - 3:30 pm
Print

RnR - Road ride will be based on interest of the group. We'd generally do about 30 miles with 1100-1400 ft of climbing. As soon as I know who's interested, I'll start looking at potential routes, and will have a better idea on the distance and climbing.

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2019 - 3:31 pm
Print

chiefbowes said
I was making fun of the Check/money order part. I haven't used a money order in 20 years and write 1  check a  month.

icon_rock_gif

I think this was the first check I'd written in months. I pay everything online.

468 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2019 - 9:42 am
Print

We are booked for site 70.  

72 Posts
(Offline)
May 2, 2019 - 2:34 pm
Print

We booked site 55

550 Posts
(Offline)
May 8, 2019 - 10:34 am
Print

We are planning a group rails-to-trails ride on Saturday, May 18. Leaving from the Blairstown Airport at 36 Lambert Rd, Blairstown, NJ 07825.  The start point is 10-15 minutes north of the campground off of Rt 94.  

Depending on the weather, we were thinking of a 10 am start, i.e. be at the airport ready to ride at 10.  Ride start time will be confirmed Friday night at the campground - and depends on when those interested in the ride would like to do it.

We were planning about 20 miles round trip, but you can stop and turn around at any point in the ride.  This is a beautiful ride, that follows the river and is fairly secluded.  We will most likely pack some PB&J sandwiches for lunch trailside.

Who's interested in the ride? 

550 Posts
(Offline)
May 8, 2019 - 10:57 am
Print

Let's talk Potluck for Saturday  !

This rally is a relatively small one, with only 4 confirmed reservations.  I'm tracking the following that are attending: Saint Paula and Rusty, Mick & Liz, Christine & Steve, Joe and Dawn.  If you've booked and I didn't count you, please let me know what site you are on and how many are in your group.

How about ordering pizza-type stuff from Frank's in Blairstown? Trying to simplify the food packing, LOL.  Let me know if you're interested. I'll bring the take out menu and we can decide Saturday morning what we want to order - and split the cost between all of us. Probably less expensive than making something.

550 Posts
(Offline)
May 8, 2019 - 3:48 pm
Print

Friday night (May 17) activity is a trip to Brook Hollow Winery, about a 4 miles from the campground.  From 6 to 8 pm they offer $5 dinner.  You purchase the wine, and they have free music out on their deck over looking the vineyard.  If you have been there before and have your Brook Hollow wine glasses, bring them with you and you'll get free tasting of the wine  🙂

72 Posts
(Offline)
May 9, 2019 - 12:24 pm
Print

We are all in for winery, pizza, bike ride.  Thanks for organizing!!

468 Posts
(Offline)
May 9, 2019 - 1:36 pm
Print

We are in for all but the bike ride.  Can't wait to see everyone.  

470 Posts
(Offline)
May 10, 2019 - 10:34 am
Print

So the universe has other plans for us for this trip:

*the car won't be back from the body shop for at least another 10 days. banghead_gif

*insurance policy doesn't cover replacement vehicle larger than a std size car (don't get me started complaining of how I feel like I'm driving around with my butt dragging on the ground in the tiny Nissan) banghead_gif

*truck rental doesn't include a 7-pin connector to tow our pup with electric brakes banghead_gif

*dog sitter isn't available banghead_gif

*cabins are all booked (even the one that takes pets)banghead_gif

*All weekend Rusty is going to post photos of him eating Ice Cream and sticky buns.  banghead_gif

Definitely NOT buying lottery tickets next weekend  cry_gifcry_gif

550 Posts
(Offline)
May 12, 2019 - 7:33 am
Print

Friday night at the winery:

$5 chicken francase and rice, wine by the glass or bottle, and live music.  6:00-8:30 pm

We should be at the campground by 4:30 to set up, but have to run back home to pick up mom. So we'll meet everyone at the winery: Brook Hollow Winery, 594 Rt 94, Columbia, NJ

72 Posts
(Offline)
May 14, 2019 - 9:53 pm
Print

Rob and Robin,

Sorry you are having all those issues.  We'll miss you this weekend!

Liz  

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0