Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Mar 2021 - Season Opener
705 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2021 - 2:54 pm
Print

I'll figure out what I'm bringing to pot luck tomorrow.  I'm always in for a wine tasting, pennywise could lure me into a sewer pretty easily with a glass of wine...

We'll need two tables for potluck dishes.  Can anyone bring some?

465 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2021 - 4:22 pm
Print

RnR are visiting for the dinner.  We'll bring a dessert.

What's the latest we can let you know on the wine tasting?

chef_gifsmore_gifreader_gif

165 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2021 - 4:41 pm
Print

Phil & Pete will bring a ham for the pot luck. Maybe a shortbread or two as well. 

823 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2021 - 6:51 pm
Print

I’ll bring a table. And me thinks a veggie something . Not sure what yet. 

230 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2021 - 12:18 pm
Print

Cora is going to help me set everything up after work tonight and get ready for Thursday!  We've been looking forward to this trip, there's a good chance my two nephews will be joining us Saturday - Sunday.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2021 - 2:51 pm
Print

We will throw an extra table in the back of the truck in case it's needed.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
705 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 12:00 am
Print

As we normally do with the spring opener and closer, we’re having firewood delivered and will have a dedicated group gathering site. I need to get with JoeCamper and get the costs together, but we’ll split the cost between the amount of sites booked. It’s usually about $20-25 per site. 

Tables- Thank you Thingette 1's Sister and CampingPhil for volunteering to bring tables.  We still need 1 to 2 more tables for the pot luck.  

26 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 12:11 pm
Print

Weather is looking pretty nice really. I’m all for no precipitation.

I have at least a 4-5 foot folding table. I can lug a six foot table out of the basement if necessary. One of those solid plastic six feet long with the folding legs. 

2012 Shasta 30Somethingrather
1973 Apache Ramada
1966 Scotty 15′

Towed by 2015 Express Van

Spring Campout

22 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 12:54 pm
Print

We'll have a table too. Arriving Thursday but Friday will be at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area.

Eagleville PA
31 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 2:19 pm
Print

At this point we are going to be two adults and plan to bring a dirty rice with ground beef and sausage dish

"Let's go back to the teepee and eat... My new snake wife cooks dog very well."

Hindy, CJ Hindy, 5 Grandkids, and our cat, Seamus. (When we train him to travel)

2014  Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2014 Chevy Silverado

1961 Apache Eagle -The Nervous Tick

1962 Avion Holiday H24 - The Silver Bullet

1966 Apache Eagle - The Flea Circus

382 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 6:43 pm
Print

We are being sabrette hot dogs buns and mustard and ketchup we will make the hot dogs in the slow cooker so nyc vender style in boiling water  not sure if this post made it last time I attempted it . We are also interested in the wine tasting 

1 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2021 - 9:16 pm
Print

hey all newbies to the group here colin, shannon, and our granddaughter arya... we will be at site 37 and are making home made mac n cheese 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3871 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2021 - 6:29 am
Print

It was an awesome weekend of camping and a fun start to the 2021 camping season.  We had a great turnout, with a warm potluck dinner, a large hot fire, and a memorable time. It rained on Thursday for those who started early, the high 40s on Friday, 50 degrees sunny on Saturday, absolutely beautiful and sunny 60 on Sunday.

Large group campfire on Friday evening, a wine tasting early afternoon on Saturday (12 people and 14 wines from Stone Cellar Winery), we played a game before dinner (80s & 90s tv shows), celebrated a few birthdays (Peter and Rylan), and enjoyed dinner, campfire and camaraderie. 

A few people walked the campground and around Hopewell lake, a few hiked the trails and geocached, there were some biking and some much-needed relaxing times. We had a few surprise visitors with families that couldn’t camp for the weekend but came out and enjoyed the campfire. 

thank you ilikeshinythings and 2happycampers for helping with running this group rally.

See many of you in May, at Otter Lake.

Image Enlarger

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3699

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689