Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
June 17 - 21, 2011 - Raystown Lake PA
Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 11:31 am
Print

Excellent weekend at Raystown, heavy rain Thursday evening and beautiful weather the remainder.  We had about 54-56 people for the Saturday night dinner, music game and campfire. (it was hard to count the kids running around since they were all in purple shirts)  Great to meet new friends and see old ones.  Now for my thank you:  :cheers:
Pete and Phil, purple potluck dinner was awesome  :chef:
Larry and Steve, the campfire guitar playing and singing along was a blast  :guitar:
Dawn and Joe, for helping coordinate and your support  :hardhat:
Mike, thanks for loaning your truck speakers so my music game didn't backfire.  :thumbup:
Dave, for picking up beer and firewood  :smore:
Everyone, the abundant food, the tables and everything else that made it a great time.

I will post pictures soon.

I hope you enjoyed the 70s music game and the weekend!

333 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 12:14 pm
Print

Thanks, Joe, Dawn, Joe, Pete, Phil, Dave and everyone else who participated!  We had a great time, and it was definitely one of the best rallies we've attended so far.  Even the weather cooperated for a change.

Marcy took a lot of photos Saturday night.  Once she's copied them off the camera, I'll post the link.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 1:36 pm
Print

Here are some pictures from the weekend.  I will post info for others to add photos to the album for everyone to view.

https://canvascampers.com/inde.....lists;in=5

Here is a link for member's to upload photos to our album.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....lbum;in=37

468 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 2:33 pm
Print

Bad Seed(I finally know this is Rusty) and I had a wonderful time this weekend. After all our craziness Thursday and Friday, it was still well worth the trip.  THANK YOU to JoeCamper, Pete and Phil, Joe and Dawn, Steve and Larry and anybody else that I missed.  You all made it a wonderful, memorable time.  Looking forward to Rocky Gap. The memories from this trip and looking forward to Rocky Gap, will help me get through a big passage in my life in a few weeks.  Thanks again.

236 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 5:11 pm
Print

This artical was in our local paper this past weekend while we were away at the lake
http://www.mcall.com/travel/mc.....otogallery

352 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 7:02 pm
Print

We had a great time and made a lot of new friends this weekend. Thanks Joe for putting together a great weekend, Pete and Phil for the great party Saturday night, Larry and Steve for the entertainment at the campfire, and all others that help put it together. Thanks Dave for building a fire last night when we could only get mine to smoke. This was our best camping trip so far and it was due to all the work you all put in.

230 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 7:10 pm
Print

Another great weekend camping.  We should have taken two more days of relaxing on the lake.  The kayaking was fun, Cora loved the water park, tons of great food and company.  We knew it would be a good weekend when Cora informed me that we could leave early and set up in the daylight!  We're looking forward to the next chance we get to get out with everyone.

550 Posts
(Offline)
June 20, 2011 - 9:48 pm
Print

Another great rally !

thanks Joe Camper for organizing it (again).

Purple pot luck theme was a nice change from the normal pot luck, guitars around the campfire was awesome - thanks Larry B & Steve

Can't wait to get together with everyone next month at Rocky Gap.

450 Posts
(Offline)
June 27, 2011 - 2:12 am
Print

We just got home from our 10 day vacation starting at Raystown and then heading to Lancaster.  It was great to faces to names.  Thanks everyone for making the new guy feel right at home.  Great job setting everything up Joe and nice job Pete setting up the dinner. It was lots of fun.  I am adding a couple pictures including the "Flaming Popcorn" with Joe jumping our of the way. 

1 ... 56789
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0