Skip to content
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters
Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Steve A/CJ's Wedding Camping Trip Cape Disappointment SP Ilwaco, WA, Jun 15 2013
1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 12:07 am
Print

I'm sure you've seen our announcement of CJ and my upcoming wedding.  We'd like to invite ALL our fellow CC campers to join us.  I know not all of you will show, and that's okay too.

We've decided on Cape Disappointment State Park at the mouth of the Columbia River in Ilwaco, WA.

As I told CJ in a text a few minutes ago, "We start our life with Disappointment so that it only gets better from here".  It's rather fitting.  And I'm sure we're not the only ones to have thought of that.

This is an open invitation.  I have also invited campers from the Apache pop up groups so I am not going to block out sites at the campground.

We plan on having a very laid back ceremony.  Gifts are neither required nor expected.  Your being there to share the day with us is a gift in and of itself.

AND... as an added bonus... you'll get to see at least one Apache camper!

[hr]
[hr]
original post:
CJ and I have picked our date - June 15, 2014.  We decided some time ago we were going to have our ceremony at a campground so we could stretch the festivities from a few hours to a few days.
Once our location has been decided I'm putting out a general invitation to all our camping buds.
NOTE:  We do NOT expect gifts.  Your being there to celebrate with us is gift enough.  Except Beerlifter... Truck and trailer required.
We love camping and each other.  How could thus NOT be a blast?

600 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 12:16 am
Print

awesome !  congrats on setting the date

2545 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 7:36 am
Print

Congratulations!!  I'm sure it will be a unique and memorable wedding. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

666 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 7:49 am
Print

Congrats and good luck.

We had some friends in a Coleman Camping Club many years ago (last century in fact), that had got married at one our our rally weekends.
They had told no one, but they were the wagonmasters and asked everyone to come dressed for a Country Hoe-Down.
Total surprise for everyone. Great weekend.

128 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 10:31 am
Print

Well - we did not tie the knot in the campsite but was camping before and after. Spent just over a week camping for our honeymoon back a few months ago in July.

154 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 2:53 pm
Print

Steve, You know I would be there in a heartbeat!!! The cost to fill a tractor/trailer full of "near beer" and then fuel to drive from Norman,Oklahoma to there is just over my budget!! If I start saving right now I might be able to make it to Missouri!!!

Once again, congratulations and take lots and lots of pictures!!!! And by the way...........you know get to remind me when my anniversary is seeing how we will have both been married on the same day (and at a campground!).

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 2:58 pm
Print

Congratulations, Steve. How cool is that?  :rock: Nothing more fun than extending the wedding celebrations and having a bunch of friends with you! Let's see....how do you organize a chivaree?  8)

1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 3:53 pm
Print

Steve - I wish I knew you were in OK before I cross countried.  I stayed an extra day at my cousin's in Owasso (NW of Broken Arrow).  I would/could have easily diverted.  As far as the anniversary dates... you cover my 6 and I'll cover yours.

Judy - We [s]both[/s] all really enjoy camping in our Apache.  Prior to me in their life they had a TT.  Funny, neither really enjoyed it.  But Roamie, I don't know whether it's the novelty of a hardside "solid state" pop up or not.  Doesn't matter.  We make memories each time we move it from the garage.

jfilz - The camping then will likely just be the beginning of the honeymoon, per se.  We're also looking to do a WA, OR, ID, MT, SD trip to include family MT, meet up with some folks in ID and boonie it in WA and OR.  The SD portion is to see the Black Hills.  They've long been on my list and the rest of the family is quite happy with the idea.

Thank you all for the well wishes.  We are looking forward to a long and prosperous camping life and life together.  It's not been the first time around the block for either of us, but we're quite certain it's the last.  We found our right person.

394 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 8:50 pm
Print

Best wishes Steve! I understand about it not being the first time around. Been there, done that! But it's great finding and loving your soul mate that wants to do the same things with you! Keep us informed!

296 Posts
(Offline)
September 25, 2012 - 10:47 pm
Print

Congratulations! 

244 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 8:28 am
Print

Congrats to all ya'all

485 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 9:01 am
Print

This sounds like a great idea. Congratulations

600 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 11:23 am
Print

nothing says "I will always LOVE you"  like disappointment !  hehehe

1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 11:27 am
Print

You've always got have a little disappointment in your life to make the little things that much better, 01.

600 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 11:42 am
Print

oh, definitely.  I wish some people I am related to would have had it written into their vows !

hahah

1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Print

I'm sure you've seen our announcement of CJ and my upcoming wedding.  We'd like to invite ALL our fellow CC campers to join us.  I know not all of you will show, and that's okay too.

We've decided on Cape Disappointment State Park at the mouth of the Columbia River in Ilwaco, WA.

As I told CJ in a text a few minutes ago, "We start our life with Disappointment so that it only gets better from here".  It's rather fitting.  And I'm sure we're not the only ones to have thought of that.

This is an open invitation.  I have also invited campers from the Apache pop up groups so I am not going to block out sites at the campground.

We plan on having a very laid back ceremony.  Gifts are neither required nor expected.  Your being there to share the day with us is a gift in and of itself.

50 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 12:37 pm
Print

[quote author=Steve A link=topic=1931.msg16435#msg16435 date=1348676953]

Are you my long lost brother?!?!    LOL congratulations for you both, may your lives together be long and happy!

1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 26, 2012 - 2:03 pm
Print

Thanks, Chaz.  I know I'm a "long lost brother" to many.  And now you're in the fold.

1238 Posts
(Offline)
September 29, 2012 - 6:30 pm
Print

We've booked.  We'll be at Site 43.  Anybody else wanna join us?

September 29, 2012 - 10:36 pm
Print

To Steve:  Congrats on finding someone to share your life with, and share all those burnt meals you cook  ;D..  Sounds like you found a great place to have a wedding..  Marriage and Camping all in one weekend..  Congrats. 

To: CJ:  Welcome to the camping family, if I knew Steve any better it would be scary <this is funny since I don't know him well at all>  I do know he is a very helpful guy who despite the ribbing he takes from me seems to know his stuff, not sure if he can cook or not <another funny thing> but he is a great campering friend on the web, so I'll assume he is an even better friend in person..  I just hope he doesn't decide to get married wearring anything related to the Toronto Maple Laughs  <again funny> ..  Congrats to the both you and hope you can convince Steve he has to bring you East for a camping adventure, East Northwards into the Land of Tim Horton's and the home of everything maple would be even better ...  There could be a cook-off ... 8)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2