Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Re: 15 years and 228 documented camping weekends/trips
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 4, 2014 - 8:56 pm
Print

I'm hoping for very few mods since this thing is loaded.  I'm also hoping to haul most yet extras.

Where to start?
[list type=decimal]
[li]some leveling thing to know how many blocks to be level.  No more Bal with dual axle.[/li]
[li]add an outlet by our bed[/li]
[li]LED strip light under the awning[/li]
[li]sew a curtain for over bunk shepherds pole to separate kids[/li]
[li]change thermostat to digital[/li]
[li]need to install a/c but have 5 months until warmer weather[/li]
[li]electric tongue jack would be nice but not necessary[/li]
[li]maybe order a slide-out gizmo?  bunk ends are brand new and the same size[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

48 Posts
(Offline)
December 4, 2014 - 11:22 pm
Print

You can't wipe that smile off his face! Like a kid in a candy store, he is in heaven!

106 Posts
(Offline)
December 5, 2014 - 7:17 am
Print

Good luck with your new camper. Looks real nice. Love the pictures of Ashley. Hope to see her in the new year.

37 Posts
(Offline)
December 5, 2014 - 9:47 am
Print

[quote author=Bad seed link=topic=3185.msg31218#msg31218 date=1417733151]
Another new bathroom for us all to try out while he is out geocaching.

Another new bathroom for us all to [s]try out [/s] CLOG while he is out geocaching.

There, fixed it for you Rusty.

Great looking camper, Joe!

550 Posts
(Offline)
December 7, 2014 - 7:52 am
Print

[quote author=EwwwBugs link=topic=3185.msg31228#msg31228 date=1417753331]
You can't wipe that smile off his face! Like a kid in a candy store, he is in heaven!

He's been talking about a high wall for what seems like years, so nice that he dinally got what he's been wanting. Really nice upgrade [emoji5]

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 20, 2014 - 9:26 pm
Print

I brought my new baby home today from the hosp... I mean the dealer.  I was very excited and a little nervous.  Towed it with a new brake controller, the Tekonsha Primus IQ.  It's their middle of the road model but an upgrade from my 10 year old Tekonsha Voyager.

I opened it up like the confused camper that many of us have pulled up a lawn chair and watched, battery was disconnected so the roof wouldn't lift.  Probably 20 minutes to figure that out and I'm an electrician.  Couldn't find the sheppard poles, they were hidden.  Opened the propane tanks and turned on the thermostat... nothing.  There is a heater switch. (not marked)

I put the flextic under the mattresses, the memory foam, sleeping bag and pillows in the camper.  Not sure what to do with all the stuff I've collected for the last 14 years?  Maybe give out grab bag around the rally campfire.  Going to keep it open for a few days.

827 Posts
(Offline)
December 20, 2014 - 10:24 pm
Print

Awwww...New baby in the house( kinda)...... COngrats!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
December 21, 2014 - 3:58 pm
Print

Congrats, Joe. You can also put 4x8 insulation foam boards under the mattresses. Works better than reflectix and also insulates sounds.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2015 - 10:39 am
Print

Our first trip in the new camper went well... only a few small glitches.  Left the awning poles at home and couldn't reach the bad to put it back away for the weekend.  We improvised.  Left all the food in the refrig when we closed up, EwwwBugs could fit in the camper closed.  I have some funny pictures but I'll get in trouble.  ;D

638 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2015 - 10:28 am
Print

In regards to #4 . sew a curtain for over bunk shepherds pole to separate kids.

Can use a twin sized sheet. Only have to sew a pocket on one side. Or just hang it over the pole. No edges to sew. Lots of color options.

827 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2015 - 8:41 pm
Print

#4 mod, once curtain is up pile their dufflebags between then so no one can kick the other "by accident"

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
July 22, 2015 - 10:35 pm
Print

Today was the day we say goodbye to our old camper and move on to new and exciting things.  Many camping weekend, week long summer trips from New England to Florida.

[img width=640 height=395]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=3343[/img]

106 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2015 - 6:21 pm
Print

Nice pictures of Ashley Joe. We are looking forward to camping with you at Promise Lands.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2