Skip to content
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters
Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
1998 Coleman Fleetwood Grandview SP awning replacement size?
2 Posts
(Offline)
June 2, 2015 - 6:02 pm
Print

How do you measure for the correct size for an awning replacement? I'm going to purchase a new Dometic Trimline A&E, and cannot figure out what is the correct size.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 2, 2015 - 6:51 pm
Print

Measure the length of the rail attached to the roof side where the awning slips in. The awning must fit completely inside of the track (nothing handing over). So if its 12'6" rail, then a 12' awning... and so on.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
2 Posts
(Offline)
June 2, 2015 - 9:40 pm
Print

the measurement of the rail is 11' 6" I looked up an awning http://www.rvpartscountry.com/.....oCkyLw_wcB on RV parts Country, and it states that the size of the awning is measuring the bag itself. This is where It becomes confusing. Its normally a special order item and cannot be returned. I don't want to be stuck with an awning thats the wrong size. Any suggestions?

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 2, 2015 - 10:39 pm
Print

The physical awning is usually 6 inches less than the bag size, so a 11' bag will be actually a 10'6 material canopy. It will fit fine.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2