I just bought a 1988 Coleman Plantation a couple weeks ago from a man that had inherited it 7 years ago and never opened it up one time. He knew absolutely nothing about it other than how long it had sat in his yard…. lol
I know nothing about this popup. Don’t know if it is even worth what I have invested in it. I haven’t even opened it up myself yet.
I ordered an owners manual for a 1987 plantation that I found for sale online… don’t know how much it will be like the one I have but I have read it from cover to cover and all I accomplished was getting more confused.
The manual talks of the "posi action control" … I’ve read that section over and over and I just don’t get it. Whomever wrote that manual certainly wasn’t thinking of writing for someone that didn’t have a clue what they were talking about……… it appears that I must be able to grasp the knowledge of how this works before I ever try to raise the camper up…. I desperately need guidance… sure hope someone can help me understand how my camper works!!!
Hi Diana and welcome to CanvasCampers. :thumbup:
We have over 200 Coleman manuals for free, the largest selection on the internet.
Here is a link to your manual.
Without knowing much about your situtation, my suggestion is to level up the camper, chock the wheels so it doesn’t roll away and open it up. Look to see the condition of the interior. Leaking roof, canvas with mice holes, soft floor, etc. It may be in great shape.
If you are looking for the basics to get started,
1) level the camper from side to side by putting wood under the lower side tire
2) level it front to back with the tongue jack
3) chock the wheel in front and back
4) unhook the latches on all 4 corner
5) crank open the camper by raising the roof (the crank should stop at the top about the same time the canvas is tight)
6) slide out the bunk ends and insert the bed support bars
7) put down the stabilizers in the 4 outside corners
8) walk and look around in side. share picture. ask questions
JoeCamper, EwwwBugs, 4 kids, 2dogs and whatever else fits in my truck.
04 Dodge Ram 1500, 2010 Coleman Avalon