Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
1970 Nimrod Popup
2 Posts
(Offline)
October 20, 2014 - 11:48 am
Print

I am trying to restore a 1970 Nimrod popup and having many problems.  No Manuals No previous owners and no instructions on how to operate.  My problem is the Cables that operate the beds. I don't know if any of you have ever had a popup that as you raise the roof the beds slide out at the same time.  Well the Nimrod that I have does. It also had an electric motor to raise and lower it. (No longer usable)  It has a broken cable on the front bed  that does not work causing the top to raise and fall toward  the back.  This camper has a fold out kitchen and with the most walking around room I have ever seen in a popup camper including my Dutchman.  It is very light weight and easy to tow.  I am looking forward to using it when I get it repaired.  I hope someone has had one and knows how the cables operate.  thanks.

259 Posts
(Offline)
October 20, 2014 - 7:48 pm
Print

sorry I don't have the info you need to help you, but good luck with your project,  try posting some pics, pics speak 1000 words at times

215 Posts
(Offline)
October 20, 2014 - 9:05 pm
Print

Can't help you but I'm VERY interested in the mechanism.  Where are you; I'd love to look over it and see what we could figure out.  Somebody, somewhere built it.  There's nothing built that can't be rebuilt with enough input.  Man, that thing sounds awesome!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2