Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Free Night of Camping at KOA May 10-12, 2013
827 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2013 - 9:39 am
Print

http://koa.com/national-events.....g-weekend/

KOA is hosting their Camp Cares benefit May 10-12.  Buy Friday night and get Saturday night free.  We are definitely going, just need to pick a CG and make a call!

There are lots of fun activities to raise money for the KOA Camp Cares program, which sponsors kids with cancer for summer camp.  Follow the link above for more information.

We went last year to the Allentown KOA and were treated to a carnival with kids games and prizes on Saturday, Hay rides, and a Rubber Ducky Regatta on the creek with prizes for the winners, and ice cream truck.  The free second night allows you to spend that money on the carnival, hay ride and buying ducky's.  We had a great time.  The campground was full, but the staff and fellow campers were absolutely great!

827 Posts
(Offline)
April 15, 2013 - 10:08 pm
Print

We've chosen the Jonestown KOA which some of you may better know as the Lickdale Campground( in the very recent past).  It is North of Harrisburg on Interstate 81 at exit 90 , just north of the 81/78 split and along a very nice creek.  We chose a creekside site.  We find this a fun way to try out new places for half the price.  Plus this is a really great cause. Let us know if you decide to join us, so we can look for you.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2013 - 10:19 am
Print

I'd like to take advantage of this but it looks like we are busy with something just about every weekend in May....and none of it is camping >:(

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

827 Posts
(Offline)
May 7, 2013 - 7:55 am
Print

Some KOA's (not Jonestown) still have open Camp Cares Weekend sites available for this weekend.  If you have a free weekend, it's a great way to spend it!  Allentown KOA has open sites, and so does Gettysburg Battlefield KOA, as well as Bellefonte/State College KOA and Hagerstown/Antietam Battlefield KOA in Md.  I would recommend calling them direct, but you can get an idea of whether they have openings or not from the website http://koa.com/national-events.....g-weekend/

This is a great fundraiser event to support children with cancer and their families. And an inexpensive way to check out a new campground.  Plus I'll take some of the Canvas Campers website contact cards along, and maybe add a few new members to our ranks.  I'll be sure to take pics  too.  Hope some of you can get out there and camp this weekend!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2