Skip to content
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters
Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Maiden voyage in my 1989 Born Free Class C RV on an E350 Chassis.
517 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2012 - 9:08 am
Print

Nice Rig, Enjoy 8)

600 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2012 - 9:23 am
Print

all i see is the front of the rig, but it looks nice.

as afar as webshots goes, they moved to a CLOUD based album, and it is meant for one to one private sharing, not group or link based...
and they charge now for their service.

try picasa or photobucket for public link sharing.

600 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2012 - 10:01 am
Print

[img width=640 height=480]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/546912_488679017819690_51537429_n.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/230832_488679221153003_489910380_n.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/391673_488679094486349_1117438210_n.jpg[/img]

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2012 - 10:15 am
Print

Thanks 01YZF6 for posting the pics. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

445 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2012 - 11:51 am
Print

Matt, that rig looks like it has been well cared for. It's spotless! Have a great time this wknd. Enjoy!

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2012 - 7:18 pm
Print

I have owned my 1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed for a little more than a week.  I wanted to do at least a 1 nighter close to home and arrive in the daylight so when we go to the Thanksgiving Rally we don't have surprises.

We have season passes to Dutch Wonderland and decided to camp at Old Mill Stream Campground right next to it.  Dutch Wonderland had a Kiddie themed Halloween event that we attended.  We had a good time.  My son had a blast at the theme park and being in "the new camper".  My wife Really liked the campground even though it was a private campground and the sites were closer together.  She also liked the camper....well except from the rolling out of bed feeling but I'll take care of that.  Below is just my experiences.  I expect a few hiccups with a 23 year old RV.

We arrived about 1pm and checked in.  I was involved in a discussion about leveling on a the Born Free Forum.  It seemed the majority of people with Class C's didn't level and I come from a popup camper where it always had to be level.  So I decided to try not leveling since this is a real nice private campground with semi level gravel pads.  I put my sons truck on the floor and it rolled slowly to the street side.  Not bad, I'll try it.  Well.... I tried it and My wife and I agree, we (meaning me) need to level.  She felt that she was rolling out of the bed while sleeping with our son in the Rear bed.  I took a shower in it just because I had a sewer and water hook up.  The drain is on the curb side so the water pooled up on the street side.  Not fun.  Especially since my water heater is apparently rusty and the water had an orange tinge to it. As I walked around it seemed that some people did not level and then others were up on 1 lynx level. 

I chose to do a 1 nighter so that I could arrive and set up in the daylight with no surprises.  Well....right before we went to bed at 10pm I checked the tank gauge.  Full.  And I know I was going to use it and my wife was going to use it.  So I was outside with a flashlight dumping the tank.  It wasn't bad.  I realized I would like a 90 degree elbow to dump into the ground hook up.  I didn't hook up the house when I arrived because I figured it wouldn't fill up so quick and I would just dump when I leave on Sunday.  Sunday morning I went to dump again.  As I pulled the black water handle it came out.  Hmmmm now what????  Luckily it opened the valve before breaking.  So I let it dump and then was able to close it.  Dumped the Gray and told my wife not to use anything anymore.  I didn't want to pull the valves apart at home and have all kinds of "stuff" come out.  I pulled it apart today and only a dribble came out.  New valves are on the way.  I am going to replace both while it is apart.

As I was packing up I was folding up the awning.  The arm bracket where it attaches to the bottom of the RV broke.  Hmmm now what???  At least it was rolled up and broke while I was trying to hook the top part in and lock it.  So a few ball bungees held the arm closed for the trip home.  I have an A&E awning and need to research it online and get the bracket.

Sunday morning I was cooking pancakes and I realized that my long BBQ spatula is not the best thing to flip pancakes in the small kitchen.  I already put a smaller spatula in for my next trip.

I enjoyed driving it.  It was real comfortable.  I took it up to 65 just to see what it was like.......not worth it.  The 460 engine with only a 3speed trans with no OD was screaming!!!!  If the gas gauge worked I'm sure I would have actually seen it move as it burned up the gas.  I took it back down to 55.  I want to get a sign on the back that says "This RV was built when 55 was the speed limit....it doesn't go faster"  I filled up when I got home and we got 8.6 mpg.  I'm sure I can lighten up on the skinny pedal and get it to 9mpg. 

So I have a few adjustments to make before the Thanksgiving Rally in a few weeks.  Anyone know where to get the Awning bracket?

[img width=640 height=480]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/IMG_1416_zpsaa6d6bba.jpg[/img]
[img width=640 height=480]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/IMG_1490_zps1368583f.jpg[/img]
[img width=640 height=480]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/IMG_1498_zps25266390.jpg[/img]

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2