Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Days camped in 2010
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 12:58 pm
Print

We are interested in knowing how many days you camped in 2010 and post something about the best trip.

450 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 1:44 pm
Print

Our gang camped a record 31 days for us.  Of course 20 of those days were on our trip to Yellowstone.  It was one of the best vacations I was ever on.  We stayed 3 days in the Black Hills (Knowing what I know now, I would have stayed longer).  We stayed in Yellowstone NP for 7 days and 4 days in Grand Teton NP.  The rest of the nights were one night stops along the way.  The trip was a total of 5008 miles.  I would do it again if I get the chance.

154 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 3:46 pm
Print

We generally do two one week long trip and several 3 day weekend trips during a regular season. Then I do even more alone during turkey and deer season...........so ours/mine was definetely over 41!

Hard to pick a specific favorite. I just love to camp! But if I had to it would probably be the week at Ray Behrens COE in Mo. A lot of good people, food and fun. Took the yak out for a couple of paddles and just had a wonderful time.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 4:29 pm
Print

We camped one weekend each month from March thru Nov.  🙂 We added a 12 day trip to Lancaster PA in June. Come on... warmer weather.  :-

467 Posts
(Online)
January 3, 2011 - 4:57 pm
Print

Spring Gulch was my favorite.

83 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 6:28 pm
Print

I live in Southern MD, and 2010 had us visiting my boyfriends daughter in the Winchester, VA area - one trip was 4 nights in Front Royal, another was 14 nights in Winchester, VA, then a trip to NY to see my family - 10 nights, 14 nights in Gloucester, VA, 10 nights in Hibernia CG - Kerr Lake, NC, and then there's camp back yard......the PUP's been open since 10/29, and I spent about 10 nights in it in early November, then thanksgiving another 4 with guests, and x-mas - 7 nights. 

I have a 30amp outlet for my PUP, and a super heavy duty x-cord, so have been able to keep the PUP heated during the cold snap we had around x-mas.  Heated mattress pads were wonderful, and the furnace as back up kicked on a few times.  It was nice laying in our heated bunks and yacking back and forth to guests - still being warm, cozy and comfortable.  Had a few nice meals. 

It's going to kill me to winterize this week.

701 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 7:45 pm
Print

We lost all of July due to horse competitions for DD.  Still managed more than 21 days. Best trip would have to be at Sun Valley in Arkport NY. Had great sites, great weather and played in the creek until i looked like a prune.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 10:45 pm
Print

15 nights total, all weekends.  Not too bad considering 3 trips had a 1 year old and DW won't let me go alone too often.  Something about leaving her home alone with my son  kiss 

My favorite trip was at the Fredericksburg KOA in July.  it was an AWESOME campground.  The sites had elbow room, there was a brand new bath house, it was shady, it was level, and my BIL and I were down there to visit the Boy Scout Jamboree that was only a few miles away.  I got to meet the CEO of KOA and I got my picture taken with him.  On Friday night there was a fantastic campfire program.  I think the fact that the campground was filled with Scouters who put on campfire programs all the time and joined in had something to do with that  :chief: 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

357 Posts
(Offline)
January 4, 2011 - 9:57 am
Print

We average 33 nights a year. One full week and the rest weekends.

550 Posts
(Offline)
January 4, 2011 - 12:23 pm
Print

We hit 48 nights this year largely due to the 24 night vacation out to the Black Hills and different Colorado locations (Durango, Manitou Springs, Ft Carson). Colorado is such a beautiful location, the camping and the biking were some of the best we've seen.  That was probably the best vacation of both our lives - after 24 days and almost 7,000 miles neither one of us wanted to come home. And we were both still talking to each other :dance: :dance:.  I can't wait until we have enough vacation time saved to do something like that again.

The other half of the nights were weekend trips, and like many of you we averaged 1 weekend per month from March thru November.

38 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2011 - 11:00 am
Print

I had 44 nights in my camper.  I had 31 nights in my sister's camper.  We have matching campers.  We took my sister's camper up through New England.  We camped in each state.  My favorite was an extended stay at my local state park.  Knowing I was there for awhile, was really relaxing.  🙂

333 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2011 - 11:34 am
Print

We had 24 nights in 2010. 

That would be 27 if you include the two (popup-less) cub scout camping trips and the night we had a bunch of friends over to do a dry run in our back yard (around 20 people total).  For the latter, a lot of our friends have younger kids that have never been camping, and we have a huge back yard so it seemed like a good way to test it out. 

I like the trips we did down to Chippokes SP in VA in July and again in October.  For July we went to Water Country USA and I remember my older son was so excited at one point, he was quite literally vibrating with anticipation.  In October we hit Jamestown and my older son seemed to actually be getting interested in history and how the Powhatan did things back then.  In November we visited Bell Isle SP in VA that was where we discovered geocaching.  Both boys really got into hunting for the caches.  It was also a year where some of our long-time friends started to join us camping, and even contributed luring one of my wife's friends over to the dark side -- they bought a fairly large travel trailer a week after after they tented it in the site next to ours.  😮

1238 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2011 - 6:15 pm
Print

Our best trip was at Pocahontas SP, VA when my oldest brought up her two boys and we tent camped there.  The 100F+ daily temps are also what convinced me that while tents are still fun, comfort's better.

18 Posts
(Offline)
January 9, 2011 - 1:52 am
Print

I had a very good camping year in 2010.  I slept in a camper 132  😀  nights.  102 nights were in my new camper, a Jayco.  3 nights were in my old PU.  The other 22 nights were split between my sisters camper and a friends camper.  I doubt that I will be able to camp that much in one year again until I retire. 🙂

1238 Posts
(Offline)
January 9, 2011 - 1:51 pm
Print

I was envious of 44 days.  132 made me want to cry.

While I'm self employed and have full retirement benefits from a previous life, DW is not as fortunate.
I could say I spent close to 100 days in motel rooms, but much of that was work related.  (And I may as well have been primitive camping compared to some of those places.)

S

18 Posts
(Offline)
January 9, 2011 - 4:59 pm
Print

[quote author=Steve A link=topic=371.msg1946#msg1946 date=1294599079]
I was envious of 44 days.  132 made me want to cry.

Don't cry.  I had bi-lateral full knee replacements done in April.  10 days later I was camping (once I had the ok from the doctor to drive).  I camped more than normal at a local SP where I could drive to my physical therapy appointments.  I did do several longer trips once I didn't need to go to PT anymore.  Now it work 5 days a week, but I am camping this coming weekend.  I will start 2011 with a 3 night trip. 🙂

253 Posts
(Offline)
January 12, 2011 - 9:59 pm
Print

We do one or two SP a month (Hickory Run), SP for the 4th at Promised Land, Cedar Creek NJ for the other two 3-day weekend w/my parents.  Last year we did a week in NC.  Favorite is toss up between the first out, or the 4th weekend.

1238 Posts
(Offline)
January 13, 2011 - 9:03 am
Print

Path, where'd you go in NC?

253 Posts
(Offline)
January 13, 2011 - 10:57 am
Print

We visited  marine family members residing in Jacksonville, and camped in Stella, NC at White Oak Shores campground.
Bayfront with boat launch, slips, and fishing piers.

44 Posts
(Offline)
January 13, 2011 - 11:34 am
Print

11 - 20 days for us. We only camp on weekends.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2