(Offline)
January 14, 2011 - 11:37 am
Print

42 nights for 2010

22 Posts
(Offline)
January 17, 2011 - 10:50 pm
Print

Living in Florida, we get to camp year round and we do!  We camped at least once a month all year long.  In July we camped for 2 weeks around south Florida.  We started in the Everglades, went to Big Pine Key, then Key Largo, West Palm Beach and finally Melbourne Beach.  We had a few mishaps...3 hours into our trip the tire blew off the camper and rolled across 3 lanes of the highway.  Then while in the Everglades, the a/c unit decided to stop working.  You can't camp in the Everglades in July without a/c!!  We had to stay in a hotel 2 nights while we were in the Keys because they evacuated all the state park campgrounds down there due to a tropical storm (that never did hit).  Wouldn't have changed a second of it though...what a great trip!! 

11 Posts
(Offline)
January 22, 2011 - 6:58 am
Print

I think about 21 nights, not nearly enough!  :'(

Hard to pick a favorite, my camping journal with all the details is in the camper, but I'm pretty sure it was the spring break trip in March. We stayed at Western Hills/Sequoyah State Park in Hulbert. If you go, the Seminole Loop is brand new and fabulous!

4 Posts
(Offline)
January 22, 2011 - 6:49 pm
Print

We did 27 days in 2010.  My favorite trip was a weekend at Holland State Park with DD and her family.  Had a great time with the grandkids, weather was great and the water was warm. 

4 Posts
(Offline)
January 23, 2011 - 6:19 pm
Print

We Camp the long holiday weekends from Memorial day to Columbus day and maybe an extra weekend in Aug. Holidays are not the best times to camp but work doesn't leave much else.
Usually end up with around 20 nights.
Jane's Island MD was my favorite last Memorial Day.

38 Posts
(Offline)
January 24, 2011 - 10:05 am
Print

Hmm, lemme see..

Yogi Bear Ashland - 2 nights
Cape Ann - 2 nights
Scusset - 5 nights
Finger Lakes/Ticonderoga - 9 nights
Fishermans - 2 nights
Mystic - 3 nights

23 nights - not bad for our first year camping, in the old PUP, which needed a bit of work before being ready for camping.  This coming year though is going to be ridiculous, something like 40 nights or some such.  🙂

35 Posts
(Offline)
January 24, 2011 - 3:37 pm
Print

We got started pretty late in the year with camper, we didn't get it untill September, so we only caught the fall camping season in it. But counting tent camping and the Boondocking out on the SO's parents property we were at around 13-14 nights.
Best trip we had i would have to say was Holloween weekend at McCormicks Creek State Park. They really do it up there. All the Campers deck out their sites and some even set up haunted houses. And all the kids go around trick or treating. It was really a good time and seemed the entire campground was one big rally. They showed scary movies up at the nature center, and had pumkin carving and other activities for the kids there as well. It was really nice to see so many people getting into it, it seemed that everyone was "camping together", rather than everyone individually.

10 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2011 - 2:31 pm
Print

We only got to camp 6 days last year because it was such a busy year for us. Hopefully things change this year.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2