Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Camp Taylor, NJ Lakota Wolf Preserve, May 2012
550 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 7:43 am
Print

We're planning on bringing curry apple chicken - always a crowd pleaser....sorry, no number(s) asociated with this dish.

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 7:55 am
Print

Do you use two kinds of apple?  2 apple curry chicken? Or go crazy, 42 slice apple curry chicken.  You can do it!  😉

467 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 1:30 pm
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=1239.msg13096#msg13096 date=1336009888]
and Paula, don't bring your Microwave, you can use ours built into the trailer  😮

Thanks Phil.  Then I guess I'll bring 1 box Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese and something else (Need to find that thinking cap).  :-I think I left it on my head, but I don't remember where I put my head

1573 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 2:24 pm
Print

[quote author=saintpaula link=topic=1239.msg13123#msg13123 date=1336066231]
Thanks Phil.  Then I guess I'll bring 1 box Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese and something else (Need to find that thinking cap).  :-I think I left it on my head, but I don't remember where I put my head

So is that "Macaroni with 3 types of cheese" ?  :rofl:

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
467 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 3:17 pm
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=1239.msg13126#msg13126 date=1336069489]
So is that "Macaroni with 3 types of cheese" ?  :rofl:

I guess badseed hasn't made any comments to you about my limited creativity in the kitchen.  As far as how many cheeses are included, I'll have to get out the box to read the ingredients. 

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Print

Wait, Paula, were you the one who stuck a purple flower in mac and cheese for the purple theme?  ;D

382 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 4:52 pm
Print

Ok, put me down for  3 hour meat sauce and 2 lbs. of Angel Hair pasta and it's 3 hour meat sauce cause that's how long it takes to simmer when i make it from scratch. No I wont be making the sauce  on sight. I will make it Thursday night before we leave. and yes I will be happy to share the recipe if anyone likes it  :chef: Saturday night!

467 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 4:57 pm
Print

[quote author=MariskaHargitay link=topic=1239.msg13129#msg13129 date=1336074105]
Wait, Paula, were you the one who stuck a purple flower in mac and cheese for the purple theme?  ;D

Yes you are right Mariska. So include a dozen purple petunias as part of the ingredients in the mac and cheese. Sounds tasty to me.  :chef:

467 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 5:11 pm
Print

OK, I found my head with my thinking cap attached. :hardhat: Add to the dinner list: 3 ingredient cole slaw, 4 ingredient ham, and whatever the box says ingredient macaroni and cheese. I'll need vote from those attending on adding the purple petunias.

467 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 6:03 pm
Print

To all of you posting, you have put a smile on my face today :). Getting excited about another great rally in just a few weeks  :dance:

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Print

Yay Paula!  :thumbsup: I am planning to go, I just have to figure out what site to book.  And I'm still thinking of a numbered food that I can either make before that will keep, or make there (while inexperienced).

As for purple petunias, it may not be the theme, but purple flowers always make me smile, and I'll bet Pete would be in favor too  :dance:

165 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 9:20 pm
Print

Paula, use nasturtiums because they're edible.    And you know, maybe I should offer my services as either a personal chef or, better yet, as a teacher and hold cooking lessons at the rally.  We can call it The Canvas Campers Cooking Club!  :chef:

21 Posts
(Offline)
May 3, 2012 - 11:33 pm
Print

[quote author=ChefPete link=topic=1239.msg13148#msg13148 date=1336094423]
Paula, use nasturtiums because they're edible.    And you know, maybe I should offer my services as either a personal chef or, better yet, as a teacher and hold cooking lessons at the rally.  We can call it The Canvas Campers Cooking Club!  :chef:

4C it is! Count me in! I would be more than willing to learn anything you have to teach, Pete! I can do an awesome soup and a pretty good salad... that's about it. I read cookbooks like science fiction... "Like THAT'LL EVER HAPPEN"

467 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2012 - 12:11 am
Print

[quote author=ChefPete link=topic=1239.msg13148#msg13148 date=1336094423]

Pete, you just made one of my bucket list wishes come true. Cooking classes, that would be awesome. :chef: You will have to be very patient with me though. 
For the Saturday  dinner, put me down for 3 ingredient cole slaw, 4 ingredient baked ham and 15 ingredient Stouffers frozen mac and cheese(All natural ingredients). 😉

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2012 - 11:20 am
Print

Wow, talk about coincidence, check out what just arrived in the mail today, a gift from my awesome brother!

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2012 - 4:15 pm
Print

The Campground Schedule - MAY 18-20
Springtime is here! There will be an egg hunt starting Saturday morning throughout the campground.
Join in our 2nd Rubber Duck Race in the stream on Saturday afternoon.

666 Posts
(Offline)
May 6, 2012 - 6:50 pm
Print

In keeping with the number theme for potluck and the Lakota Wolf preserve, may I present...

3 alarm chili on a toasted bun grilled K9 tube steak topped with fresh onions and 3 cheese blend.... Woof

Shhsh. Don't tell Kyleigh...

706 Posts
(Offline)
May 7, 2012 - 2:19 pm
Print

Is there a reason site 60 and 62 weren't listed?  I called and the guy booked me in site 62.  If that's not OK let me know ASAP and I'll change it. 

Thanks!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
May 7, 2012 - 2:35 pm
Print

Can everyone take a moment and check the first message of this thread to make sure we have you listed correctly with site #, # of people, potluck creation, etc. at first glance, it looks like we are missing some of the regulars.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
1573 Posts
(Offline)
May 7, 2012 - 2:42 pm
Print

As is customary at the Canvascampers events, I will be bringing the big white "circus" canopy for the potluck and in case we need a dry zone. With this smaller group, we don't have a dedicated site, so it will probably be setup on our site (Not committed to that yet). We will be in need of some tables. Usually I bring 2 - 6' tables for the potluck food, but I currently have them loaned out and don't expect them back in time for the rally. If someone can throw one in the back of their vehicle, that would be appreciated.

Peter and I will be providing the morning coffee as well as our customary tastely adult shot on Saturday evening (we have not done enough taste testing to announce it yet, but we promise it will be as good as the last trip one).

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2