Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Knoebels Fair and Funnel Cake Rally - Sept 2012
706 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2012 - 1:56 pm
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=1465.msg15766#msg15766 date=1347892151]

I have one 6'ft table available for the potluck, (my 2nd one died an ugly death). We need at least 1 more 6'ft table.

Has anyone volunteered a second 6 foot table?  My mom may have an old one left over from her garage sale days.  If I can get it it will likely be pretty sad looking (and not very level) but it's better than nothing.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
September 19, 2012 - 2:49 pm
Print

Vik-king is bringing one.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
706 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2012 - 10:18 pm
Print

At Lake Glory Campground, it's chilly tonight, but so quiet and peaceful. By the time we got here and setup we were too tired to have a fire. Instead we're outside listening to the white noise of the rushing water, and surrounded by the warm glow of candles and burning citronella oil. It's a gorgeous night here, can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2012 - 10:21 pm
Print

OK, I got the Facebook messages, text messages and phone calls, Thanks!  See everyone tomorrow - I'll be there.  I've only ever missed one rally in 6 years and Jello and Marc still reminds me that I wasn't there.  Cindy, we will see you soon.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 20, 2012 - 10:23 pm
Print

Sounds like a great time for all. Have a lot of fun!  8)

357 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 6:49 am
Print

We'll be leaving around 4PM today, work and school keep us from coming earlier! Should be at Lake Glory before 11PM. See you there.

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 8:31 am
Print

Hoping to leave at 6pm. DD has volleyball practice till 5pm. Gonna run her home (on the way) get her a shower and some grub then be on our way. Hoping to show up by 8pm. I have a 4ft table to bring.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 9:12 am
Print

I hope to be on the road by noon and there around 3pm.

A few of us will be visiting the Bloomsburg Fair this evening to walk around and for dinner, probably around 6pm
Not sure about a community campfire Friday evening, depends what time we get back

The coffee (on a timer) will be ready Saturday morning at 6am , the potluck breakfast will be at 9am
Many of us will be visiting the Knoebels amusement throughout the day.  The campground offers a shuttle but it's only a few miles away and parking is free.

Dawn, we will not be riding the log flume this weekend even though it was a blast.  To cold

We will have a group campfire and refreshments Saturday evening.  :cheers:

All are welcome to join or just hang out.

402 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 9:36 am
Print

We should be there by 530-6

420 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 10:18 am
Print

Leaving in about 45 minutes, all hooked up and just waiting for my brother to get here. We will be there hopefully around 2.

Best Regards,
Norm

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 10:50 am
Print

Very jealous of those arriving before dark. Eat something yummy at the Fair for me.

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 21, 2012 - 6:43 pm
Print

Hoping to leave in the next 15 minutes.

106 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2012 - 9:13 pm
Print

We had another fun filled rally.The breakfast buffet had a nice assortment of delicious of foods.  Thanks to Joe for organizing  and for everything you do. Also thanks  to all who set up Saturday's breakfast and  to Phi for making my favorite adult beverage.  It was nice to meet some new friends and see some ones.

Christine and Steven

420 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2012 - 9:33 pm
Print

Very empty now that everyone is gone. Had a fun day at the fair today and are now relaxing by the fire. Hope my nephew didn't wake anyone up this weekend, if so sorry. Thanks again to Jonathan for the hockey skates, they are going where they are needed. Thanks to Joe for setting up another great rally.

Best Regards,
Norm

357 Posts
(Offline)
September 23, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Print

Finally home safe and sound! Made a detour to Cabela's which always takes longer than expected. Thanks to everyone for another fun and successful rally.  Looking forward to the opener in March.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 24, 2012 - 12:27 am
Print

Great camping weekend, enjoyed Bloomsburg Fair, Knoebels Food and Amusement Rides.

Very nice rally group of 50+ this weekend, fun campfire, morning group coffee, potluck breakfast, and games.  Thanks everyone, especially Phil for helping me pull it together.  I lost two games of Bocce Ball.... errrrrr 

Great to see so many old and new friends, make it feel like I wasn't camping alone.
We missed you this weekend Jeff and Marcy.  I'll posted pictures very soon.

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 24, 2012 - 7:52 am
Print

Nice, relaxing rally. Thanks to all that helped organize it. I was impressed with how far some of you had traveled. Was great to meet so many new members. Hoping next year to get to see the fair.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 24, 2012 - 8:24 am
Print

Here are photos from the rally weekend.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=105

[img width=640 height=480]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=1678[/img]

382 Posts
(Offline)
September 24, 2012 - 8:37 am
Print

Great Rally, Kids and I Met some new friends, talked with old ones, eat some great food, enjoyed the outdoors and got some great new tips and pointers for fixing up and preparing my camper for other rallies in the future. None of this would  be possible without Joe, Pete, Phil and all the rest of the  warm Friendly people that participate in and make all the time consuming plans and details. Looking forward to many more trips with you folks in the future!

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 24, 2012 - 10:21 am
Print

Joe B: you need to post your breakfast potluck crock pot item you shared. It was delicious!
Phil: Please share your recipe for creamed chipped beef. It was also delicious  :chef:

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2