Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - Season Opener Group Rally, March 15-17, 2013
Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Online)
March 15, 2013 - 10:07 am
Print

I'm leaving now and stopping at the grocery store on my way there.  Don't worry, the campfire will be big and warm.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

402 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 10:27 am
Print

Omg I am so excited!  Snow or no snow I don't care. We got heat. 🙂

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

348 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 10:29 am
Print

Safe travels and enjoy the weekend.  Wish we could be there...

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 10:59 am
Print

I will be there...I am seasoning my dutch oven on the grill as we speak.....video to follow  8)

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

165 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 11:30 am
Print

Of course the pendulum will swing the other way eventually, but I doubt it will be this weekend.  When I was heading out to the market this morning I saw a robin, a sure sign of Spring!  Phil has the pup all packed down, and we'll be on our way in about a half hour.  See y'all there!!!  :chef:

447 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 12:23 pm
Print

Packed this morning & went to hitch up before returning to work this afternoon & Grrr, the coupler lock is stuck on the trailer. Let's hope I can get it removed soon or we won't be going anywhere this evening.

UPATE: Success! A determined woman with camping reservations & a mallet. The lock didn't stand a chance. Of course, we'll have to buy a new one, but we'll be camping tonight! See you this evening.

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 1:31 pm
Print

[quote author=Lone Lock link=topic=1776.msg21565#msg21565 date=1363176757]
Breadbox.....hows the motor coming along?  Looking forward to seeing a picture of it IN the car  🙂

[img width=640 height=480]http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii397/Breadbox_photos/0315131253_zpsc9f62fd0.jpg[/img]

As usual, It's hectic here at work, so I probably won't be able to leave Rockville till 5, so we won't be there until late.  Here's hoping that the mice haven't eaten the pup and that the roof goes up.  I haven't even had time to put the Canvas Campers sticker I got for Christmas on yet much less open it up.  Oh well, if you're going to have a disaster, why not fully COMMIT to it?

232 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 3:13 pm
Print

we've had a change & had to switch to an outrageously expensive cabin for sat night - so our site c35 will be empty - thought we were going to have to bail but will at least make one night -and will bring cornbread or pecan bread for potluck (that is sat eve correct?)

827 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 3:21 pm
Print

Potluck is Saturday: 5pm is chili cook-off, we'll need judges, so come at 5.  The Eating of all potluck items begins at 6.  Big fire will already be going.  Hoping it doesn't precipitate, so we can drive out and join you for those festivities. 

I work Sat am, so we chose not to camp, just to visit.  Less work for me actually(the just visiting) since it'd only be one night.  AND hubby;s new Camp Chair just got delivered today!  Yeah!  He hasn't even seenit yet.  But if we come, we'll certainly bring it.  He is a Big and Tall man...so most chairs just aren't sturdy enough(only rated at 200-250 pounds).  This one is over and above sturdy.  Rated for 650 pounds, which he is no where near close to.

236 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 3:43 pm
Print

Once again a GREAT Spring  opener. Neither snow or sleet or rain can stop this group. It was really good to see everyone again and meet a few new members. I hope everyone made it home safely.
  Looking forward to seeing you all at Promise Land next month. 

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 5:26 pm
Print

Did it snow? ???

236 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 5:32 pm
Print

It did it all

121 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 6:07 pm
Print

A great season opener, good company, good food and great fire.  had a wonderful trip see you all in April.
Happy Campers 101
Mike and Dawn

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

93 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 8:02 pm
Print

Great season opener. Of course I would have liked to see snow and ice melt earlier. But our late start home let most of it melt off the roof.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

352 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 8:52 pm
Print

What a great weekend, no matter what the weather was. It was great to see everyone and get the new camper out, even if it has a major issue that we discovered.

402 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 8:56 pm
Print

Once again canvas campers have not let us down when it comes to openers.

402 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 10:55 pm
Print

great time!!!  even got a new screen name.  thanks!!! see ya at promise land

jen

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2013 - 11:23 pm
Print

We had some fun cooking brownies in the dutch oven.  It didn't come out so great.....but we had fun  :blink1:

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Online)
March 18, 2013 - 12:35 am
Print

The rally was a great time and as many of you know... I need to say my thanks because I can't do it with out you.
We had a great weekend, weather was average on Friday, high 40s/low 50s, a mixture on Saturday of a nice morning, snow (1 inch) in the afternoon, rain/hail in the evening and nice at night at 8pm.  Sunday was a cold morning (high 20s) and low 40s afternoon.  We missed those who couldn't make it.  Great to see justchillin who drove up without their camper and stayed in a cabin.

Now for my thanks:  this was either our 6th or 7th year and it was great even with a little snow.  Phil: thanks for the circus tent, coffee stuff and the laser edged flashlight gifts for everyone.  Thanks also for the database support daily.  Matt:  Thanks for keeping the spring opener thread up to date and the daily support on the Facebook page.  Thanks you everyone for the donations to cover the gathering site, firewood, coffee and other items.  Thank you everyone especially mdbaird76 for the table, canopy, help and everything else to make it a great weekend. 

Chili Cook Off:  5 entries,  16 voters and 1 winner.  Congratulations to Diane (mdbaird76's wife) for teaching these other guys how to make chili.  :thumbsup:

We are going to have a great time at Promised Land State Park in the Poconos next month with the brand new campground... check it out under Group Rallies on the main menu.  I know 3 or 4 more people are planning to book after this weekend so the sites will be going fast.
JoeCamper

[img width=640 height=480]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=2080[/img]

382 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2013 - 10:25 am
Print

Thanks everyone, kids and I had a blast. Was my first pup camping experience in the snow. I still cant believe I had the camper up to 68 degrees throughout the weekend. She may be old but shes better then the US postal service ( they don't even come out in the rain sleet / snow  or Saturdays anymore). Also have to say there is never a shortage of great food at these rally's. Joe I am sure we made some friends for life ( when we kept them from a long cold hungry night). The incredible hospitality by the leaders and group members  towards other people is the exact kind of mentoring  and life lessons that I want my kids exposed to. Thanks as always for being such a great group of people. Looking forward to Promise Land and some warmer weather.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2