Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Killens Pond SP, Delaware Group Rally
165 Posts
(Offline)
May 12, 2015 - 9:49 pm
Print

Yes, I would LOVE to cook dinner for you all!  And, I need an excuse to wear my chef jacket.  If you're all up for it, I'll come up with a menu for your approval.  Any food dislikes/allergies I should know about?  :chef:

475 Posts
(Offline)
May 25, 2015 - 11:13 pm
Print

I'm sorry I didn't reply...I was to busy packing all my clothes that have expandable waistbands in anticipation of the amazing meal. Now that you have teased us with a tantalizing menu, I've got nothing else to do but sit in the campground parking lot waiting to start this meal...I mean camping trip. 😀

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
May 26, 2015 - 9:51 pm
Print

We're game... let us know if we can bring anything, donate a few bucks or whatever?
My hottie isn't a big steak fame but loves seafood, chicken, or anything else.

165 Posts
(Offline)
May 26, 2015 - 10:58 pm
Print

Hooray!!!  Okay, a couple of VERY important questions:

1.  Any food allergies/major dislikes I should know about?  (Yes, I saw JoeCamper's response!)

2.  It looks like dinner will be for 8 adults.  Is that correct?  If not, how many and are there and are there any kids involved?  It looks like the chart at the beginning of the thread is missing some info.

Meanwhile I'll start working on the REAL menu, but honestly it will probably be something similar to what I posted earlier. 🙂  The difference will be if there are any food restrictions, and what is available as I tend to mostly cook seasonally.  :chef: :chef:

475 Posts
(Offline)
May 29, 2015 - 12:04 pm
Print

We will be 2 adults and no food issues.

:reader: :smore: :chef:

475 Posts
(Offline)
June 7, 2015 - 6:08 pm
Print

Hi Delaware Campers,
Since Pete is so kind to offer to do dinner we would like to offer to make breakfast for everyone. Let us know if you think Saturday or Sunday morning would be better. It will be three courses, not including the coffee, lol!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 7, 2015 - 10:53 pm
Print

I vote for Saturday since Sunday's everyone seems to be on their own schedule as far as when they want to get out.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
165 Posts
(Offline)
June 7, 2015 - 11:28 pm
Print

The Menu:

Cocktails & Conversation
Smokey eggplant & white bean dip w/toasted pita
Shot of roasted carrot soup

Entree

Choice of Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a cranberry/balsamic glaze  OR
Seared scallops with a whole grain mustard sauce

Both served with wilted Swiss chard with lemon and scallions
crusty bread & butter

Dessert
Pete's Chocolate Mousse

We'll be serving "restaurant style".  We'll need to put at least two picnic tables together.  We'll provide the dishes, flatware, etc. 

Several of you have offered to bring something, so please bring your appetites, and your favorite wine or other beverage to have with your dinner.  :chef:

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2015 - 10:34 am
Print

FYI - Beer and Wine: Delaware state parks allow alcohol. Only thing forbidden is beer kegs 🙂

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
475 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2015 - 10:53 am
Print

I would be interested to know what wine(s) you would drink/choose to go with this culinary experience.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2015 - 12:04 pm
Print

They used to say that Pork and Seafood generally would be dry whites - like Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling, but those old rules of just don't apply anymore. You drink what you like.

Peter and I are dry Red wine drinkers (Old Vine Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbecs). Let give people lots of choices.

Our Mayor - Joe makes his own wine also.

447 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2015 - 6:45 pm
Print

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=3140.msg32884#msg32884 date=1433774063]
FYI - Beer and Wine: Delaware state parks allow alcohol. Only thing forbidden is beer kegs 🙂

Delaware allows alcohol in all campgrounds except for one, Lums Pond. 

165 Posts
(Offline)
June 8, 2015 - 10:27 pm
Print

[quote author=busdriverwc75 link=topic=3140.msg32887#msg32887 date=1433803536]
Delaware allows alcohol in all campgrounds except for one, Lums Pond.

I'm glad we're not there!!!  :chef:

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 9:21 am
Print

Sounds delicious!

[quote author=ChefPete link=topic=3140.msg32882#msg32882 date=1433734102]
The Menu:

Cocktails & Conversation
Smokey eggplant & white bean dip w/toasted pita
Shot of roasted carrot soup

Entree

Choice of Grilled Pork Tenderloin with a cranberry/balsamic glaze  OR
Seared scallops with a whole grain mustard sauce

Both served with wilted Swiss chard with lemon and scallions
crusty bread & butter

Dessert
Pete's Chocolate Mousse

We'll be serving "restaurant style".  We'll need to put at least two picnic tables together.  We'll provide the dishes, flatware, etc. 

Several of you have offered to bring something, so please bring your appetites, and your favorite wine or other beverage to have with your dinner.  :chef:

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 9:31 am
Print

Saturday will be great!

[quote author=CampingPhil link=topic=3140.msg32881#msg32881 date=1433732000]
I vote for Saturday since Sunday's everyone seems to be on their own schedule as far as when they want to get out.

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 9:34 am
Print

Since Saturday's breakfast and dinner are covered Barb and I will do snacks for Friday nights campfire.  Bar will make her 7 layer dip and we can do meatballs and chips and such. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 3:15 pm
Print

Reminder to all pack stretch-y pants  :lmao:

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 8:23 pm
Print

We will bring a few different wines for dinner and can help with whatever else is needed.

165 Posts
(Offline)
June 9, 2015 - 11:06 pm
Print

Please let me know your entree choice - Pork or Scallops!

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 11, 2015 - 12:11 pm
Print

Two weeks! 8)

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701