sp_TopicIcon
Summer Rally Rafting Trip - June 2017
Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
April 25, 2017 - 9:34 pm
Print

[size=18pt][font=georgia]Summer Rally Rafting Trip[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Date:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]Friday, June 23, 2017[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Location:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]Lander's River Trips Skinners Falls[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Website Info:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]http://landersrivertrips.com/[/font][/size]
[font=georgia][size=14pt]Reservations:[/size][/font] [size=14pt][font=georgia]See Below![/font][/size]

[size=8pt]By posting or participating in this event, you agree to the linked Legal Agreement that CanvasCampers.com and its agents are not liable for your participation.[/size]

[li]Leaving at 8:30 am for a one hour, 36 mile drive - car pooling.[/li]
    [li]Arrive at 9:30 am to check in and get rafts paddles and life vest[/li]
    [li]Starting 10:00 am at 40 Skinners Falls, West Narrowsburgh[/li]
    [li]5 mile trip starting at Skinners Falls CG and ends at Narrowsbugh CG[/li]
    [li]Takes about 3.5 -5 hours depending on the current and water level[/li]
    [li]The cost is $41 for Adult and $21 for Kids (5-12) child must be 5 years old and 40 lbs.  This covers the insurance for the equipment (raft, paddle, life jacket) and Paypal fee[/li]
    [li]Bring cooler with drinks, sun screen , hats and sun glasses that you don't care about in case they end up in the river.  Bring a few dollars for end of trip for a refreshment ice cream at camp store[/li]
    [li]Free shuttle bus back to starting point[/li]
    [li]Don't Bring anything you don't want loose or get wet we will lock  all our keys into one persons car so you don't loose them in the river.[/li]
    [li]Life vest should be worn at all times when on the river.[/li]
    [li]There is a waiver of liability for each person going[/li]
Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
May 2, 2017 - 6:19 pm
Print

Reservations for rafting here:

https://canvascampers.com/inde.....fting_trip

699 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2017 - 11:22 am
Print

done +4

Eastern Pennsylvania
3873 Posts
(Offline)
May 4, 2017 - 5:32 pm
Print

We are in for 2 Adts, not sure about the 4 kids yet.

357 Posts
(Offline)
June 6, 2017 - 10:17 am
Print

2 more booked!

382 Posts
(Offline)
June 12, 2017 - 9:50 am
Print

Rafting trip alert.*** Anyone that is going on the rafting trip must print a copy of this liability form and fill it out and bring it with them we will collect them the night before  so we can simply present it to launders and and not have to be delayed in getting on the river. If you don't have access to a printer please see me when you get up there. I will bring extra printed copies so you can fill it out ahead of time. each person going in the raft must have one, children included (ADULTS WILL SIGN FOR CHILDREN)

Also you can bring a small cooler I recommend soft style so your not trying to row around a hard cooler  on the river for refreshments (no glass bottles of any kind the rangers will be all over you) . But if you bring plastic and cans you can probably partake in some spirits on the down low . We have never been hassled for having a few beers indiscreetly on the river and of course not being intoxicated. The previous statement is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects or is  endorsed by Joe the Mayor or canvascampers.com
Just keep in mind that you will be on the Delaware river and  it is patrolled by both the NYS and PA state parks and environmental police.

I will try to remember to bring a pair of binoculars I  will be happy to pass around from raft to raft for those of you who want to get a close up of a bald eagle last year we saw 3 and some babies this section of the river runs right through the eagle capital of New York state.

One last thing. I highly recommend that you wear an old pair of sneakers in the river some of the rocks are sharp or pointy if your going to touch bottom, water shoes work well also but i like the ankle protection from sneakers. The bottom of the river no matter where you are is extremely slippery from the algae the grows on the rocks please tell your kids as well be very careful walking in the river very easy to slip and fall

link to liability waiver
http://landersrivertrips.com/p.....waiver.pdf
Modify message

382 Posts
(Offline)
June 12, 2017 - 11:03 am
Print

I know i said one last thing but...
please make sure you bring a hat or bandanna or head covering and plenty of suntan lotion so you don't burn your scalp and skin while rafting on the water the sun is pretty intense reflecting off the water.

705 Posts
(Offline)
June 15, 2017 - 4:46 pm
Print

I noticed the rafting is supposed to start at 10 AM and take 3 1/2 to 5 hours. But we stop for lunch? Should we bring a bag lunch?

382 Posts
(Offline)
June 16, 2017 - 8:30 am
Print

Yes I usually bring a sandwich and a few pieces of fruit and put them in my soft cooler along with my beverages. Make sure you put your food in zip lock bags or you will be eating a soggy sandwich. For those of you that don't want to bring food along, at the end of the trip at the  Narrowsburg camp ground they have a small country store with snacks drinks and ice cream so bring along a few dollars.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2