Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Lehigh Valley RV & Campground Show-January 7-9,2011
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2010 - 1:59 pm
Print

If you live in the area, the Allentown RV show is a great show.  The dealers cater more to the popup and hybrid camper rather than just the big rigs like most shows.

http://www.allentowntradeshows....._show.html

550 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2010 - 2:44 pm
Print

We've been going to this RV show for about 5 years and really enjoy it. It is something to look forward to after the excitement of the holidays.

It is also nice that this one tends to have more popups and hybrids then some of the other shows that cater to the large RVs

468 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2010 - 3:18 pm
Print

Before and after party planned at the home of the Klass family in Emmaus,PA. Our home is about 10 minutes from the where the
show is held. It has been a tradition for the past two years. The Klass family is extending this invitation to all members. We want
to carry on the tradition. More info to come in near future. I will coordinate it with the moderators.

468 Posts
(Offline)
December 2, 2010 - 12:35 pm
Print

The Lehigh Valley RV  & Campground show will be held from January 7-9 at the Agri-Plex at the Allentown Fairgrounds,Allentown,PA.  A tradition for the past two years with several of the members of CanvasCampers, is to meet at Agri-Plex in the afternoon and eventually travel to the Klass home where we have a wonderful dinner and a great time together.  Last year several people stayed overnight at the Klass home or at a motel.  We all gathered together Sunday morning for a breakfast at a local diner.  The Klass family is welcoming all CanvasCamper members to join us at the Agri-Plex or at our home for dinner. The Klass family will be preparing a traditional pork roast and will have hamburger barbeque. Rolls and paper products will also be provided.  We would appreciate your RSVP and what items you will be bringing to add to the dinner.  Also, let us know if you will be staying overnight.  If anyone would like to begin the day first at the home of the Klass family before going to Agri-Plex, just let us know.

Some additional details:
RSVP via CanvasCampers or by personal message to Saintpaula
Klass address: (approximately 5 miles from Agri-Plex) PM or email me if you are interested in coming and I'll forward directions.
Info on the RV Show- http://www.allentowntradeshows.com

Looking forward to seeing you all  😀

84 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 10:01 am
Print

We are planning to attend two RV shows this winter and several people have said that there are a lot of hybrids and popups at this one.  Not sure we will be buying new but want to see what options are available.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 10:24 am
Print

We are planning to attend this show also.  I want a new camper but it's just not in the budget.  :'(  I like to keep up with the new models and features of the campers and have even made a few mods to my camper from things I've seen out there.

468 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 1:14 pm
Print

To all planning to attend the Lehigh Valley RV show, don't forget dinner at the Klass home to follow. Please review my invitation posted for information. PM me with your RSVP. Looking forward to seeing you all. Guarantee a Great Time. :dance:

666 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 2:34 pm
Print

Wish we could. We're taking the DD back to college in Maine that weekend.
Six hours each way for us (in good weather and no traffic),  and Allentown is only 3 1/2 hr each way from us.

550 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 2:41 pm
Print

We are definately planning on going to this one (weather permitting).

Paula - I've pm'd you about dinner back at your place  ;D

2545 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 3:46 pm
Print

I am still trying to talk Lori into going.  I see that there is indoor and outdoor space.  Am I correct in guessing that it is probably the Class A's outside and the smaller pups and HTT inside?  DS, who is 14 months old,  would be with us and we are not going to be hanging out outisde. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 4:22 pm
Print

You are correct.  All the popup campers and hybrid are inside, there are class A campers both inside and out.
We will be at the show and the at Rusty and Pauls following.

106 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 4:25 pm
Print

Steven and I are planning on going to the show and back to your house weather permitting. I'll PM you with more info.

348 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2010 - 6:20 pm
Print

I'll be there.

1 Posts
(Offline)
December 31, 2010 - 2:36 pm
Print

I'll definitely be going to the show its only about twenty min from my house.  I would also love to meet some of the members since I'm new to all of this, sounds like a great time. 

1573 Posts
(Offline)
January 2, 2011 - 5:43 pm
Print

Peter and I will be going to the show, but we have an event back in Philly that evening so we have to get back early. We want to see what else is there even though we are waiting for delivery of our new Flagstaff FW27KS.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
638 Posts
(Offline)
January 2, 2011 - 8:30 pm
Print

Alas, we will not be attending. Hope to be skiing! O0 Have fun..

550 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 12:44 pm
Print

What time and where is everyone meeting for this?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 12:49 pm
Print

Our plans are to attend the RV show between 12 and 1, heading over the Klass between 4 and 5pm.  I'm pretty sure it was similar last year.  We can plan to meet up somewhere?  I don't know what's going on with food, we are planning to make the creamy mac and cheese dish, as requested.

550 Posts
(Offline)
January 3, 2011 - 3:18 pm
Print

Sounds good - where do you want to meet?

468 Posts
(Offline)
January 4, 2011 - 1:55 pm
Print

Going by all of the responses that I see posted and PMs to me there will be several couples arriving at our home between 12 and 1 on Saturday to drop off food and coordinate rides over to the RV show. As far as food. Steve and Christine are bringing Cheese and Crackers and Jello Shots :thumbsup:,Joe and Dawn are bringing mashed potatoes,applesauce and dessert :thumbsup:,Joe and Joy are bringing dessert and macaroni and cheese (Paula's request :D), Dave S is bringing salad and bread :jig: and Mark is bringing a vegetable :thumbsup:. The Klass family is providing a pork roast, hamburger BBQ, rolls and snacks. Please bring your own favorite alcoholic beverage. As far as sleeping arrangements, the doll room/pink room is reserved for Joe and Dawn. Per suggestion of someone not to be mentioned , the Barbie dolls  sitting on a shelf above the bed will be Velcroed to the shelf.  😉 Joe and Joy have reserved the Den and can enjoy movies for whatever mood their in on our big screen  8). Steve and Christine have reservations for the master bedroom. Dave S, we will find a place for you. Bring a sleeping bag we have blowup mattresses. Rusty and I will be sleeping in the Basement on the sofa/sleeper.  If I have left any one out I apologize. All are welcome.  :jig:

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2