Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Prine Gallitzin SP, PA over Labor Day Weekend 2012
827 Posts
(Offline)
July 23, 2012 - 6:32 pm
Print

Labor Day weekend is a 4 day for us, so we're going to head out to Altoona, PA area to Prince Gallitzin SP.  There aren't a lot of sites still avail, but we'll just pic one and see how it goes.  This is our first time to go there.  Anyone have site recommendations?  Sites to stay away from? We're not afraid of holiday weekend.  Maybe we'll make some new friends and bring some more people to canvascampers.com.  Anyone already going to be there?  We'll look for you.  Have been advised to travel turnpike and I99, by a couple who grew up out there.  Has anyone traveled that before? 

And I'll take site pics to share too.

349 Posts
(Offline)
August 2, 2012 - 8:54 am
Print

We were going to go there this year, but decided to hold off till sometime next year. Each of the mapping programs suggests 322/22, 99/220 through State College rather than the turnpike and 99. The distance, for us, would have been just a little longer via the turnpike but not all that much. It's probably about the same for you, too. I don't know what the route is like in the Altoona area, but the 322/22 route is pretty good road.

Enjoy your stay there! Looking forward to your review and pics.

John

827 Posts
(Offline)
August 5, 2012 - 4:58 pm
Print

Well, I considered 322/22, then saw its a Penn State home game, which could mean more traffic,  and asked the lady at work who lived in altoona, and she suggested the other.  So, we'll give it a try.  If we don't like it, we'll come home 322/22. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2